Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

vynde_foh

shitlord
Gaereth said:
egads....thats a stupid one that has been beaten into submission here so many times it silly to even bring it up. The name brought some people in...the game itself kept them.

If the name/IP was the only reason for success then SWG should have about 20million accounts...right?
the name brought alot of people in because blizzard does deliver quality products. if mythic was creating a mmo and "goodtimes inc." created another mmo which would you trust? there is brand loyalty to blizzard. and as i said in my post people did stay in the game because of its features, but you"re discounting blizzards name.

swg was fun but every had to admit it was a crappy game at launch. you were pretty much paying for beta. not to mention asia isnt too keen on the sw franchise. they"d probably respond much better to anime mmo than a star wars one. i believe swg even shut down the asian servers a year ago.

so to recap:
blizz: great fame in the mmo playing countries
swg: not so much

Druixx_foh

shitlord
Digits said:
Sour drivel attempting poorly to refute the assertion that Vanguard fanbois attempt to use opinion as fact
Look, 8 million people are not wrong about WoW. They have an opinion about the game and have said so with their subscriber dollars. I was being generous by guesstimating Vanguardmighthit 800k someday.

So your perch on the opinion totem pole is pretty low when yourONLYway to convince people of Vanguard"s redeeming qualities is by bashing WoW.

Maybe try "I think Vanguard"s x is really good and the way they did y and z are unique and a refreshing change" instead of "F*ck WoW!!1 its so gay. Vanguard is teh awesomer"

vynde_foh

shitlord
Druixx said:
I was being generous by guesstimating Vanguardmighthit 800k someday.
rofl if youre that generous, im guessing you give the bums on streets $100 bills instead of change. im a big fan of vg and i will most likely buy it in the future, but i dont think it"ll ever hit 800k. maybe 400-500k at best

Clug_foh

shitlord
Turzem said:
They showed us that you can create a world that is sterile, repetitive usually ugly and lacking soul of any kind but that as long as it"s simple entertainment the masses will love it. The WoW designers are hacks, they accidentally struck gold on a premise that I"ve been preaching for over 8 years now.
Let"s play spot the dumb ass who hasn"t played TBC.

tad10 said:
As has been stated approximately 1245x on this board VG PvE is a 90% unpolished group orientated game, WoW is a 90% polished solo orientated game.
Yes, I soloed the Black Morass last night. I also soloed Bontanica and heroic Steam Vaults just for the hell of it. Later today I will solo Karazhan. Really, if you haven"t played TBC you have no idea just how much group content there is (even a lot of the NON INSTANCE quests leveling up required small groups). So, please, save the rhetoric for people that haven"t played both games.

Digits_foh

shitlord
Clug said:
Yes, I soloed the Black Morass last night. I also soloed Bontanica and heroic Steam Vaults just for the hell of it. Later today I will solo Karazhan. Really, if you haven"t played TBC you have no idea just how much group content there is (even a lot of the NON INSTANCE quests leveling up required small groups). So, please, save the rhetoric for people that haven"t played both games.
One out of every 25-30 quests might require more than one person outside of instances, and even then a decently geared and intelligent person can solo them. I"ve seen maybe 5 quests that recommend 2-3 people, and I"ve been able to solo 2 of them and the others I haven"t tried. Let"s play "Who is exaggerating the most when it comes to the game they most prefer" !

The vast bulk of someones time from 1-70 will be spent solo, and when at the cap you can only do so much that requires a group that is at all accessible and worthwhile. You"re basically restricted to raiding or trying to trail blaze the honor system through stacked groups. Meh, why we"re talking about WoW in here is beyond me anyway.

Edit: Instancing in bulk is really boring, fyi. I can"t run an instance more than twice in one day without feeling pain creeping along my sides from the tedium. The same old same old is really a problem with WoW instances.

vynde_foh

shitlord
Digits said:
Meh, why we"re talking about WoW in here is beyond me anyway.
im really getting tired of the wow vs vanguard bullshit. for me i do like vg better, but like i said, its just for me. you go to wow if you like to solo and you go to vg for small groups. its like comparing apples to oranges

Clug_foh

shitlord
Digits said:
The vast bulk of someones time from 1-70 will be spent solo, and when at the cap you can only do so much that requires a group that is at all accessible and worthwhile. You"re basically restricted to raiding or trying to trail blaze the honor system through stacked groups. Meh, why we"re talking about WoW in here is beyond me anyway.
Get it right Einstein, it is a choice to solo in WoW. You can group to level up as well and there are plenty of instances to do it in, especially in BC. Most (ie: more than 50%) of the people in my guild did 60 to 70 inside instances.

You see the difference yet Sherlock? One game gives you a choice of solo or grouping for level advancement and one doesn"t. I think we all know which method is and will remain more successful.

Kolle_foh

shitlord
Digits said:
One out of every 25-30 quests might require more than one person outside of instances, and even then a decently geared and intelligent person can solo them. I"ve seen maybe 5 quests that recommend 2-3 people, and I"ve been able to solo 2 of them and the others I haven"t tried. Let"s play "Who is exaggerating the most when it comes to the game they most prefer" !
what level and which zones have you finished? there are quite a number of quest chains ending with group quests that you will not solo and give fairly decent loot. the truth isn"t nearly what you describe.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
vynde said:
im really getting tired of the wow vs vanguard bullshit. for me i do like vg better, but like i said, its just for me. you go to wow if you like to solo and you go to vg for small groups. its like comparing apples to oranges
I am getting sick of the WoW vs Vanguard debate also. I am amazed how many people are coming out and trying to convince those of us that like Vanguard to like something else. It comes down to a matter of personal opinion. I have become so smitten with Vanguard that I cancelled my WoW sub and deleted it off of my hard drive. I have played just about every MMO at launch, and this is one of three games that has sucked me in from day one. Its my choice - the same as it is for 8 million people that play WoW. I am going to play where I have fun. Life is too short. The haters can yell, "Vanguard sucks" as much as they want. I may use this board to make buying decisions, but once I have bought, I am using my measuring stick and no one elses. Simply put, I like Coke, and there"s no way anyone will ever convince me to drink Pepsi. I hate Pepsi.

I am surprised how there haven"t been many comparisons between Vanguard and Eq2. The games seem to be closer to each other than they do to WoW.

Digits_foh

shitlord
Kolle said:
what level and which zones have you finished? there are quite a number of quest chains ending with group quests that you will not solo and give fairly decent loot. the truth isn"t nearly what you describe.
I completed every single quest in Hellfire (one group quest to kill the giants, the hellfire scryer can be solo"d easily), most of the ones in Terokar (The final thumper and doomsayer quests need to be completed, unsure if I"ll need another), and I"m working on Bladefist mountains now and have yet to run into any trouble solo. I"m currently 66 and I skipped all the quests in Zangarmarsh, aside from the horde outposts, in order to have a nice boost to me CE faction without having to grind Coilfang heroics.

Edit: woops, I completely forgot Cruels Intentions.

Cuppycake_foh

shitlord
Lyrical said:
I am getting sick of the WoW vs Vanguard debate also.
I just don"t understand this mentality. People are going to compare games to games. Its the nature of a discussion forum such as this one. When basing your opinions on whether or not you like a game, it has every bit as much to do with what you do or don"t like about OTHER games as it does how much you"re enjoying or not enjoying it. When people are discussing VG they"re going to say "I like how they do ___ better than WoW", or "EQ2 implemented ____ so much better than VG." That"s all we have to compare Vanguard to - is other games of its genre.

In addition, considering I"m a subscriber of EQ2, WoW, EQ1, and VG...I"m interested in hearing these comparisons. I want to know how soloing is compared to WoW, or how the world looks on max settings compared to EQ2, or how fun the game compared to old school EQ1. I also know that all the information is going to be opinion-based, but like any other community board or fansite review..there is no unbiased information.

That"s great that you love VG. I don"t think it"s as horrible as a lot of people think it is - but I respect and understand their opinion and also the opinions of those who are having a blast with the game.

Lyrical said:
Simply put, I like Coke, and there"s no way anyone will ever convince me to drink Pepsi. I hate Pepsi.
And likewise - if you came to a board that was a "General Soda Discussion" board, I"m sure you"d be prepared to hear a lot of opposing opinions on that. If you go to a soda discussion forum and you bitch about the comparisons between different brands - I"d say you probably should stop visiting that forum.

Lyrical said:
I am surprised how there haven"t been many comparisons between Vanguard and Eq2. The games seem to be closer to each other than they do to WoW.
8 million people play WoW. A significant amount less than that play EQ2. We could honestly start comparing VG with Saga of Ryzom, but then who the hell would contribute to THAT discussion?

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
Its one thing to compare games, but most people here try to shove WoW down your throat.

The talk about you can group in WoW if you choose, well, i guess thats true. For me when i leveled, people choose to solo because it was a faster way to level. Like i said, if i wanted a game where soloing was more efficient, i would play console games.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cuppycake said:
And likewise - if you came to a board that was a "General Soda Discussion" board, I"m sure you"d be prepared to hear a lot of opposing opinions on that. If you go to a soda discussion forum and you bitch about the comparisons between different brands - I"d say you probably should stop visiting that forum.
The things is that there are so many posters who are giving opinions based on an early beta phase. As I said before, I played in beta and it was so bad I deleted the game off my hd in a matter of days. As many beta testers have said (that are playing the game now), the game is greaty improved, even from open beta to launch. People are giving opinions on VG that are a year old. Just a few months ago, the game was a steaming pile. It no longer is.

I am the OP of this thread. This isn"t directed at you, but I had a feeling that this thread would increase the nerd rage and be a magnet for retards. It would be great to see a little less nerd rage, and a little more analysis by people that have played the game recently.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
kcxiv said:
Its one thing to compare games, but most people here try to shove WoW down your throat.
That"s the point I was trying to make, that Cuppycake missed.

Mkopec1_foh

shitlord
Clug said:
Get it right Einstein, it is a choice to solo in WoW. You can group to level up as well and there are plenty of instances to do it in, especially in BC. Most (ie: more than 50%) of the people in my guild did 60 to 70 inside instances.

You see the difference yet Sherlock? One game gives you a choice of solo or grouping for level advancement and one doesn"t. I think we all know which method is and will remain more successful.
Sure, and when given that choice, the average player will solo to cap, because it is so much more efficient to solo exp/time. Even your average village idiot could tell you this.

There is definite drawbacks in having people solo their entire 2-6 months, or whatever, to cap and then be thrust into a grouping game once done. Im sure weve all heard the tard stories of grouping adventures in PUG"s at the cap.

And so far, from what I have seen in VG is that you can also solo, but it is not the most efficient way to level. See the diffrence? The choice is still there, but the efficiency factor swings in the favor of grouping.

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
Lyrical said:
That"s the point I was trying to make, that Cuppycake missed.
Yeah, thats what i was trying to make clear to her. I figured he missed your point.

I still need to find a damn online VG manual. Nino if your reading this, tell them to put one out. please? lol

Mkopec1_foh

shitlord
Besides, im sure we have all played WoW here, or at least try it. I mean come on. Its like the car salesman trying to convince the car fanatic what an awesome car it is.

Its wird with mmorpgs and consoles how the fans of one game/console cannot accept for some reason other people liking other things. Are you WoW fans really afraid of VG taking al of your peoples away? lol

vynde_foh

shitlord
Mkopec1 said:
Are you WoW fans really afraid of VG taking al of your peoples away? lol
and this is why i wanted to break every vanboi"s face with a baseball bat. how the hell is vanguard, a niche game, going to kill wow that has 8 million+ subscribers? they truly believed that vanguard was jesus in mmo form and would wipe away the wicked blizzard game.

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
Mkopec1 said:
Besides, im sure we have all played WoW here, or at least try it. I mean come on. Its like the car salesman trying to convince the car fanatic what an awesome car it is.

Its wird with mmorpgs and consoles how the fans of one game/console cannot accept for some reason other people liking other things. Are you WoW fans really afraid of VG taking al of your peoples away? lol
Well,i ave a 360, I do want a Wii. I dont want a PS3, i play Sony computer games? lol

My point is, i dont give shit who makes it, as long as i find the game/console fun for me.

vynde_foh

shitlord
kcxiv said:
My point is, i dont give shit who makes it, as long as i find the game/console fun for me.
qft mmos arent religions or lifestyles, ultimately they are products and services