Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Shardokar_foh

shitlord
VG will never take the poeple from wow since its a toy for the big public, do you really think poeple of wow will enjoy the hard leveling, corps run and death penatly? roflmoa.

Kaxmax_foh

shitlord
Shardokar said:
VG will never take the poeple from wow since its a toy for the big public, do you really think poeple of wow will enjoy the hard leveling, corps run and death penatly? roflmoa.
Probably not, as most people like their games to be fun =p

(Before you reply Tad, I"m kidding. Mostly)

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
Shardokar said:
I don"t think people that are playing and enjoying VG like myself care to take people from WoW. The funny thing is the guild i am in, in Vanguard are people from a WoW guild.

Nino said:
However, where Vanguard shines is in small group/full group play, and I am fully aware of this. The interaction between classes adds a dimension to the game that you will not get soloing. To get the MOST out of the game, you are most certainly encouraged to group up.
And that"s how it should be in an MMO. While you should be able to see some occasional nifty stuff solo (like the newbie Draenei totem quest,) most developer time and effort should be spent on things that require a group IMO.

There should also be complete progression paths for soloers at all levels. Granted, this is simply not going to be remarkably fun, because it tends to be a grind when you are by yourself for long stretches of time. It has been my goal to make sure that we have goal driven content for you at all levels whether you are solo or grouped. This requires that an insane amount of content be created to support everyone.
I agree that most things you do solo don"t need to be extraordinary. It should be entertaining if not simply because the mechanics of the game are enjoyable. I also realize that creating things for the solo person to do as well as balancing it all out, etc., is not something that just happens with the flip of a switch. However, I think (and I believe you would agree) that it"s worth the extra time and effort. Being able to advance on your own time and in your own way (even if it"s at a slower rate) should be an available option in all MMOs.

Some classes can and will solo better than others.
I don"t think that any rational person would think otherwise. Trying to create mechanics which would make it so that every single class is able to solo as well as the others would be incredibly difficult and simply not worth the effort.

The 2 dominating philosophies seem to be 1) you group or you do nothing or 2) solo should be as good or better than grouping. There surely is a middle ground and from what you"ve posted, it sounds like that is what y"all are aiming for. That is good to hear.

Nattac_foh

shitlord
Clug said:
Get it right Einstein, it is a choice to solo in WoW. You can group to level up as well and there are plenty of instances to do it in, especially in BC. Most (ie: more than 50%) of the people in my guild did 60 to 70 inside instances.

You see the difference yet Sherlock? One game gives you a choice of solo or grouping for level advancement and one doesn"t. I think we all know which method is and will remain more successful.
LOL please.. You can lvl while grouping, but at 66 doing lets say Mana tombs with out rest exp. is like 15-20 percent "once finished"
when you get higher doing an instance is around 10-15 percent -

compare that to quest exp you"d be a retard to lvl with instances
Now group questing is pretty good exp

Obtenor_foh

shitlord
I don"t like Vanguard because it has that SOE Aura behind it.

Call me whatever you want, I"m not bashing, or flaming, someone asked the question: why all the hate? and that"s my answer.

Gaereth_foh

shitlord
If someone comes and says, "I didn"t really enjoy WOW all that much, it didn"t have the feel I was looking for." people wouldn"t jump all over them and beat them with teh dead horse stick.

Its usually, retards play wow, ezmode, cartoony, boring, play the kiddie game, enjoy it with the rest of the 8 year olds, etc, etc, and on and on and on. The VG forums were so full of it they had to start banning people for saying crap like that. It was like the elitist gaming snobs against the unwashed masses and it has pretty much transfered all over the place.

It didn"t help that Brad was saying WOW wouldn"t work, wouldn"t last, wouldn"t grow, etc, etc. He was kinda like the elitest snob leader, wandering around spouting crap that didn"t have a basis in any reality other than his own. Going back and looking at his quotes from a year or 2 ago is pure comedy gold and I am sure, well, not sure, but I hope he realizes what an ass he looked like. He essentially started all of the ezmode crap then had to deal with what he created when his forums started acting just like he acted.

For a lot of the common players its the rebel thing; to bash authority, bitch about the man, complain about corporations...whatever. Its sticking it to the man in the online world. BE A REBEL...with all the other rebels doing the same exact thing. :p

Bah...just have fun. Each of us will have opinions on these games, but they are just opinions and thusly don"t mean more than a pile of turds.

Lhon_foh

shitlord
Let"s be honest. It"s schadenfreude. For some against SOE, for some against Brad, and for most against the vanbois. Having been in beta for over a year, imho the sycophantic vanbois did significant damage to the game. Only in the last couple of months did the devs start ignoring the vanbois and major improvements in the game were made.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
AladainAF said:
There are UI Variables that dont give exacts ,but break out every level to 2000 XP. Therefore, you can get a good idea that way.

I think CoreUI2 uses those variables in an xp bar.
Actually, gonna reply to my own post here. I was wrong.

Drax UI displays XPs in raw numbers, just not min max. You can tell how much per mob though. I just set this up tonight, and prefer it over CoreUI2 very much so.

Heres a current screenshot of my setup:http://www.ffmaps.com/images/flipt/vgui.jpg

The XP number is in the upper left.

simeon_foh

shitlord
WoW is to an MMO what McDonalds is to fine dining.

That being said: I love WoW and I love McDonalds.
Holy shit, I love Vanguard and I love fine dining.

Holy.... shit.

vynde_foh

shitlord
simeon said:
WoW is to an MMO what McDonalds is to fine dining.

That being said: I love WoW and I love McDonalds.
Holy shit, I love Vanguard and I love fine dining.

Holy.... shit.
mcdonalds gives you a mctummyache

Could someone please answer: Why the pissing contest between WoW and VG?

I hope that WoW keeps its 8 million. Hell, I hope it hits 9 million. I won"t be one of those 9 mil, but more power to "em. That"s impressive.

While I wish success for Sigil, I hope y"all are right. I hope VG does keep a small subscriber base. There"s something nice about being able to take a step without bumping into twenty other players. I like to explore virtual worlds, and a world that looks from end to end like Times Square on New Year"s Eve is not a world that I have much interest exploring.

Hell, I hope to never be in Time"s Square when it"s like that. I"d panic. I hate crowds.

Different strokes for different folks. /shrug Vanguard, to me, is as close as it comes to perfection.

Kolle_foh

shitlord
Even if WoW hits 20 million you can"t play with them all. You only play with how many people share your server. If VG never breaks 1 million any player will still have the same immediate community as any WoW player. I dunno though, do VG servers hold a lot more players? Seems like i read that but i can"t remember.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Yes. VG Servers can handle a lot more than WoW. Not sure of the exact figure though as Sigil hasn"t released a number AFAIK.

cockles_foh

shitlord
tad10 said:
Yes. VG Servers can handle a lot more than WoW. Not sure of the exact figure though as Sigil hasn"t released a number AFAIK.
iirc... they wanted approximately 5000 per server, 2500 on at primetime - versus what, 2000 max players on wow servers?

Thornaster_foh

shitlord
Vanguard and WoW are both good games. Vanguard will keep my interest longer, I expect. Not entirely sure why people on either "side" need to try and prove the other is worthless.

Mithrull_foh

shitlord
cockles said:
iirc... they wanted approximately 5000 per server, 2500 on at primetime - versus what, 2000 max players on wow servers?
No server ever has 50% of its active players playing at one time. Not even close. They want 5k peak time which means 20k+ subs per server.