Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Nattac_foh

shitlord
Elo!

I need some help if someone doesn"t mind =) sorry for going off topic.. whatever it is.

I remember in beta riftseeker had the problem for awhile, but it got fixed - i think.. atleast it was workin beta 5-
Well anyways - I enter Riftseeker, no problems but as i go to the next teleporter straight ahead.. not the right side one. I type the password and ALWAYS get teleported to tursh. It"s really starting to piss me off ive tried 10 TIMES with no success. All the other teleporters work just fine

xregg_foh

shitlord
I guess its the 880gtx just cranking it out. I have shadows off and the rest is almost full blast without bloom. inside i get killer frames out side dips and dives between 25-60fps

xregg_foh

shitlord
See here its much lower. Also Nino i get this strange skipping sometimes ill be running around 60 outside and it will happen. Guess it just needs some work. Im having a blast so its all good. Dipolmacy is very addictive

Nino_foh

shitlord
So, I am back from the morning meeting(s).

We should be patching tonight/tomorrow early am. There are a slew of good fixes for both code and content.

Many of the issues related to the social server have had some changes made.

There probably is NOT resolution on the elevator crap, but it is super high priority. Unfortunately this is the same guy who works on social server issues and that is more pressing.

Some issues with the exchange broker and sorting look to be resolved; not all of them though.

A myriad of content fixes and additions are going in. Fixed many travel journal entries, misspellings, wrong directions, etc. There should be a decent amount of quest driven content in low teen areas like Veskals" Exchange, Three Rivers, Dailuk, and Forester"s Outpost. Some of this content is still pending as the data pull is generally 24 hours behind.

I presented Nino"s Nasty Nine; my top 9 bugs from here. Then I added one and had to rename it to Todd"s Top Ten. Go figure. So, falling through the world bugs from recalling and porting are on the radar. Elevator bugs are after the social server issues. Invisible NPCS are being investigated. I mentioned sending a little note when you sell something on the AH with what was sold and to who when you receive money. I hinted that we should not be so draconian with the GM policies concerning people falling through the world. I will have a follow up discussion this afternoon. I am also going to ask testing to check every recall/altar point. This may take some time to fully resolve, so please bear with us. Trades borkng your quest counters is a cosmetic issue, and has been forwarded to the proper person to fix.

I"m sure there was other stuff. Hopefully the patch tonight fixes some of the aggravation.

Jedite_foh

shitlord
Nino said:
So, I am back from the morning meeting(s).

We should be patching tonight/tomorrow early am. There are a slew of good fixes for both code and content.

Many of the issues related to the social server have had some changes made.

There probably is NOT resolution on the elevator crap, but it is super high priority. Unfortunately this is the same guy who works on social server issues and that is more pressing.

Some issues with the exchange broker and sorting look to be resolved; not all of them though.

A myriad of content fixes and additions are going in. Fixed many travel journal entries, misspellings, wrong directions, etc. There should be a decent amount of quest driven content in low teen areas like Veskals" Exchange, Three Rivers, Dailuk, and Forester"s Outpost. Some of this content is still pending as the data pull is generally 24 hours behind.

I presented Nino"s Nasty Nine; my top 9 bugs from here. Then I added one and had to rename it to Todd"s Top Ten. Go figure. So, falling through the world bugs from recalling and porting are on the radar. Elevator bugs are after the social server issues. Invisible NPCS are being investigated. I mentioned sending a little note when you sell something on the AH with what was sold and to who when you receive money. I hinted that we should not be so draconian with the GM policies concerning people falling through the world. I will have a follow up discussion this afternoon. I am also going to ask testing to check every recall/altar point. This may take some time to fully resolve, so please bear with us. Trades borkng your quest counters is a cosmetic issue, and has been forwarded to the proper person to fix.

I"m sure there was other stuff. Hopefully the patch tonight fixes some of the aggravation.
Nino I think I speak for all of us who play VG, in that you comming here to basically spill the beans is freaking awesome, and cant thank you enough that you are keeping us informed.

BTW, small thing I noticed over the weeknd concerning 1 particular quest line.. Starts in Renton Keep cant think of the name right now but its a collection quest to Kill ants and gather some dust from them, The first quest in the line asks for 10 the second quest for 15, however I am on the second quest I collected 10 of those dusts with little or no problem but now Ive killed over 30 ants and nothing. Im guessing that the cap of how many a mob will drop is set to that of the first quest instead of the second quest.

Oh additionally, there is 1 quest in renton keep to aquire some Stingers, these are droped by some Blood Flying guys near Twin Lake, they only spawn during the morning apparently and they spawn in VERY VERY small numbers, I stayed near Twin lake all day and Only saw about 8 or 9 spawn during the day. Think their spawn rate could be bumped up. There is also a Missive for lvl 17 to kill these BloodThieves.

Bolero_foh

shitlord
I hope more than anything that they do something about the wolf illusion howl for the druid. Every single spell you cast makes your character howl. It gets old in half a second. Great for pissing off your group though.

Also on the wolf form, as noted above, if you CTD while in wolf form, you will fall through the world upon logging in. Finally, changing chunks or relogging kills the illusion.

New content in Veksals and 3 Rivers? Boo, I just finished and outlevelled those zones. That kinda sucks. I guess I need to slow down to see all the content now.

Dashal_foh

shitlord
I"d be happy if the Infineum starter talks to me after this patch, but all patches are good. As long as they keep coming.

That is all good news. Hopefully lots of fixes to broken quests, like Drell the Blackjack, By Night, In the Fields, Uncut Rage Rubies, etc. Adding stuff to 3R and Renton is good, but there"s already lots that is broken in that area that would provide quite a bit more of stuff to do if it was fixed. "By Night" is a nice intrigue/investigation quest that I personally would like to finish before outlevelling it completely.

And while we"re at it! If something is supposed to happen after you free the Queen Fae in the small lake between the lake with the meteor and 3R, it"s not happening. The non agro NPCs on top of the meteor itself are not responding to hails either. It"s a shame as it would be nice to see the meteor thing have a proper wrap up since so much in that area is based around that rock.

Obtenor_foh

shitlord
Well, I"m starting to see some color in the last one.

But the other screenshots? totally horrible with all the brown. I"ve said it since day 1, I hate games that are all shades of brown.

Tolanin_foh

shitlord
i enjoy wow more than vg atm (mostly cause my guild still plays wow and not vg prolly) but i wouldnt contest at all that the graphics crown goes to VG... once you play and see all the cool shit and awesome views on the high settings you will fall in love.

Thats if you can run it on higher settings tho, I usually run at high performance, which looks and plays well on my pc but prolly only looks slightly better than wow overall.

darksensei_foh

shitlord
This isn"t a pressing issue but it is annoying since I"ve had it since beta 2.
When looking around names will flicker depending on where I look. At most given times I see 50% of a name. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
darksensei said:
This isn"t a pressing issue but it is annoying since I"ve had it since beta 2.
When looking around names will flicker depending on where I look. At most given times I see 50% of a name. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
My system does that if I max out the quality settings of my card in its own driver. If I tone them down a smidge, it fixes it.

(I have a X1900 XTX).

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Dashal said:
I"d be happy if the Infineum starter talks to me after this patch, but all patches are good. As long as they keep coming.
Me too man. We"re sitting around crafting waiting to start the Infinieum quest (okay we"re also killing a lot of mobs -- but you get the picture -- the boys want their legendaries... eventually).

Nino,

Awesome post -- thanks for still visiting the forums despite the griefers.