Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Gaereth_foh

shitlord
tad10 said:
It probably helps to look at the actual post.

Vanguard US census - The Safehouse Forums

Info is a week old and there are 160,000 sub-15 level toons.

Edit: And yes Gaereth I"m aware that you too like to stick it to VG when you can and you were probably excited by the thought that numbers were lower than estimated. Sorry mate.
Aye, I reposted in the other post with the full census from Safehouse. And if asking a question about our earlier theorycrafting on subs is your idea of trying to stick it to VG...well...your a nimrod.

I have always been in the "hope it is a great game cause we need more of those" camp. I just dislike the sheer amount of idiocy you are spewing at the haters now. It used to be you just spouted lots of info and spoke your mind, now you jump on them and act just like them.

-shrug- Hell, you even jump on people pointing out actual issues before you can rein in your frothy fanboism.

Good job mate, good job.

Digo_foh

shitlord
I played beta and hated it. I picked it up yesterday and so far, I"m very impressed with how much the game has been improved. Granted, I have to turn all my graphics settings down to barebones, but still. The crafting is pretty amazing, and any devs that don"t at least take a nod from it are stupid.

Nino_foh

shitlord
Ayeshala said:
X1900XT and I get acceptable FPS at Very High. The problem is that I crash after an hour or so because of what I assume are Memory Leaks. If it did not I would play at the max settings all the time.

The biggest problem is still the lack of AA as is evident below.
I play on a x1800xt with 512mb and I have yet to crash in the two weeks we"ve been live. I play on High Performance or Balanced. I am not sure, but is something with HDR or bloom, or whatever causing you to crash? Try playing on a different setting, or check the task manager and see how much RAM the program is eating. I"m not a coder, but I am curious. I"ve been very happy with just how stable things have been. Also, if this is always in the same area, like Three Rivers, let me know.

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
Grr, i just freaking got rezed inside Tsang tomb, fell through the world and splatted on the side of the mountain on the forest, now i cant get my corpse. I dont want to have to summon and lose the exp. This sucks

*edit* guildy got it somehow, no fucking clue how though.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
well this is what happened to me.

I was fighting over at the orc island in Kojan. in the middle of a fight I get a loading screen. When it loads up I am standing next to a corpse I lost 4 hours before. I quickly loot the corpse and try to make it out of the canyon cause there are lvl 25+ mobs in there that raped me before. No such luck. When i popped at the shrine I summoned that corpse and got my stuff but noticed when I looted I had 0 money. I had over 40s when i sold last time and now nothing. I petitioned over 3 hours ago about it and still no response. *sighs*

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
One big i noticed in Tsangs is when you die and get a rez, you sometimes get stuck in the ground and/or fall through the world. Which is a big pain in the ass especially if its your healer. Please look into it.

holymight_foh

shitlord
Nino said:
I play on a x1800xt with 512mb and I have yet to crash in the two weeks we"ve been live. I play on High Performance or Balanced. I am not sure, but is something with HDR or bloom, or whatever causing you to crash? Try playing on a different setting, or check the task manager and see how much RAM the program is eating. I"m not a coder, but I am curious. I"ve been very happy with just how stable things have been. Also, if this is always in the same area, like Three Rivers, let me know.
I and everybody I group with crash at least 3 times each during a play session. The more you chunk the more likely it is that you will crash.

I tried this a little in beta and thought it looked promising but I wouldnt risk it until way after release. I even voted that way in the poll thread a while back.

Reading the to and fro debates on here after launch made me take a chance so I spent the 30 quid and rolled up some characters on Flamehammer.

Damn you Sigil, I"m addicted! Do I wish it was a lot less buggy, yes. Do I wish i got more than the 20-25fps I normally get, hell yes. Do i care because I"m enjoying what content I have seen so much, hell no!

To be fair to the fps, I"m running 1600x1200 on an only half decent PC using only a 512meg 7600GS with mostly high quality settings. I prefered looks over framerates as I"m soloing at the moment to just try out different classes and crafting spheres.

Not had a single crash yet but have encountered a lot of the other bugs mentioned in this thread and the gameplay thread but I just sigh and get on with it. No way would I normally put up with that but there just seems to be something under the surface of this game that draws me in.

I just wanted to post this to add another voice to the general level of debate which seems to now be mostly the same people shouting "vG ftW!!1!!" and "Playing VG mekes ur bum fall off!!1!" (I may be slightly paraphrasing here )

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
Gwen Rockpounder said:
I tried this a little in beta and thought it looked promising but I wouldnt risk it until way after release. I even voted that way in the poll thread a while back.

Reading the to and fro debates on here after launch made me take a chance so I spent the 30 quid and rolled up some characters on Flamehammer.

Damn you Sigil, I"m addicted! Do I wish it was a lot less buggy, yes. Do I wish i got more than the 20-25fps I normally get, hell yes. Do i care because I"m enjoying what content I have seen so much, hell no!

To be fair to the fps, I"m running 1600x1200 on an only half decent PC using only a 512meg 7600GS with mostly high quality settings. I prefered looks over framerates as I"m soloing at the moment to just try out different classes and crafting spheres.

Not had a single crash yet but have encountered a lot of the other bugs mentioned in this thread and the gameplay thread but I just sigh and get on with it. No way would I normally put up with that but there just seems to be something under the surface of this game that draws me in.

I just wanted to post this to add another voice to the general level of debate which seems to now be mostly the same people shouting "vG ftW!!1!!" and "Playing VG mekes ur bum fall off!!1!" (I may be slightly paraphrasing here )
Once this game gets the bugs ironed out. This game is just going to be pure ownage. The bugs can be frustrating as hell, but the foundation of the game is by far the best in a MMO i have played.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Gaereth said:
I have always been in the "hope it is a great game cause we need more of those" camp. I just dislike the sheer amount of idiocy you are spewing at the haters now. It used to be you just spouted lots of info and spoke your mind, now you jump on them and act just like them.

-shrug- Hell, you even jump on people pointing out actual issues before you can rein in your frothy fanboism.

Good job mate, good job.
Dude, after you keep calling me out as a fanboy I went and read your old VG threads posts. Your posts either defend WoW against any criticism (I enjoyed your "WoW is best grouping experience evah" from 1-59 post btw that"s a keeper) or bring up any fact (no matter how unsubstantiated) that reflects badly on VG.

Your biases and intentions are clear despite your statement above. At least I admit I"m a level 48 shill.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Digo said:
I played beta and hated it. I picked it up yesterday and so far, I"m very impressed with how much the game has been improved. Granted, I have to turn all my graphics settings down to barebones, but still. The crafting is pretty amazing, and any devs that don"t at least take a nod from it are stupid.
I"m surprised you have to turn it all the way down. I have a shitty Go 6800 and I can run at higher perfomance with some non-default (that is better than default) settings -- e.g. further clipping plane, ,decent environmental detail and shadows (set in vgclient.ini). Check out some of the ini twinking threads on silkyvenom or elsewhere.

Digo_foh

shitlord
Graphics aren"t really a selling point for me. I could care less that trees look like blobs and the water doesn"t reflect all zillion polygons of my face.

So far, it"s enjoyable. Made a goblin psionicist (Are the devs serious? This class is ez-mode.) and got him up to 8 in a couple hours of dicking around.

Would I ever switch over from WoW to Vanguard full-time? Doubtful, unless in a few months people who raided at the end-game of WoW can"t stop singing the praises of Vanguard"s raid game. Crafting is actually fun (I find myself disbelieving that I actually wrote that just now) but I wouldn"t switch to a game solely based on this. The tutorial on diplomacy kind of sucks. I was really confused until I kept experimenting, but overall, it"s kind of fun, if too slow.

Overall, I think I still like WoW more because it"s just plainfaster, but I"m starting to understand why the fanboys were proclaiming that it has more depth than WoW.

I usually play at High Performance or Balanced with HDR and Bloom off. The leak occurs no matter where I play; 3 Rivers yes but also Tursh, Renton?s Keep, Silverlake, Misthaven Crossing or Coastal Graveyard.

Vanguard takes anywhere from 350MB to 1.3 GB when I play.

As long as I exit the game before the Ram usage tops the 2GB I have, I can restart without problems. The game will close, ram usage will go down to a normal level, and then I?ll restart the game. If I let it run over available ram it usually just crashes, but from time to time there won?t be enough ram free for windows to recover and I?ll have to reboot.

I?ll try doing more tests tonight to see if I can isolate the problem.

tad10 said:
Dude, after you keep calling me out as a fanboy I went and read your old VG threads posts. Your posts either defend WoW against any criticism (I enjoyed your "WoW is best grouping experience evah" from 1-59 post btw that"s a keeper) or bring up any fact (no matter how unsubstantiated) that reflects badly on VG.

Your biases and intentions are clear despite your statement above. At least I admit I"m a level 48 shill.
Give us a break Tad, people have to turn the fucking sound off in many cases just to make the game playable. I don"t know what is worse, your manifestation from a regular sane poster to rabid fanboy shill, or the fact that people actually think it"s okay to play a game sans sound.

Take a step back from the Vanguard yoke on your neck a minute and think about what you are defending.

Kolle_foh

shitlord
He"s defending a game that was released a bit early and needs bugs fixed and some polish. He"s also defending a very good game.

I think the VG haters on this board got their point across. Move on...

Kolle said:
He"s defending a game that was released a bit early and needs bugs fixed and some polish. He"s also defending a very good game.

I think the VG haters on this board got their point across. Move on...
For years now Kolle, the gaming community has been talking about holding the developers accountable for the shit they release. We have been talking about getting what we pay for, not having to pay to beta test a game, and not getting shit when we expect shine.

You want to give Brad McQuaid a fucking pass here ? This is / was Furor"s forum right ?

Pussies.

Pinski_foh

shitlord
Jedite said:
Hmm i was under the impression that Windows XP had a problem allocating Memory above the 3gig Mark.

How have you setup your Hard Drives?

small edit, the problem occurs after the 3gig mark. This applies to Windows XP 32bit
32-Bit Systems can only be allocate 3GB(since 1GB has to be set aside) to a single thread, they can however access more memory than the 4GB(32-bit) limit via PAE or other features. If you"re running a 32-bit application, you can only allocate 4GB to it(I think, otherwise it may only be 3GB there as well), whether you are running on a 64-bit system or a 32-bit system.

rinthea_foh

shitlord
The Hiram Key said:
For years now Kolle, the gaming community has been talking about holding the developers accountable for the shit they release. We have been talking about getting what we pay for, not having to pay to beta test a game, and not getting shit when we expect shine.

You want to give Brad McQuaid a fucking pass here ? This is / was Furor"s forum right ?

Pussies.
Did you know in what state the game was before it was released? The answer is yes (unless your lying or your head is under the sand). You have no case now.

The only problem I see, is howfastit is patched. I assumed it would keep up the last week of beta speed. It has slowed down the last few weeks and I"m not happy about a few promises that were made with words like "soon after release".