Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

MetalNeo_foh

shitlord
Sithro said:
Damn, they already figured out what dungeons have the best gear/exp?

Cripes...
Actually KE has horrible drops and I rarely see a named I have no freaking idea why people go there besides the fact that every pull is a 4 dot which also makes no sense cause they used to give gimpy EXP.

Cuppycake_foh

shitlord
Sithro said:
Hmm, I see...

I don"t know. I know the world is fairly big. Maybe they should merge some servers?
Careful saying that =P I"ve gotten flamed every time I"ve mentioned it. "ZOMG the world is just big, there isn"t a population problem!!!!111!!!"

Kolle_foh

shitlord
it does seem somewhat empty to me, but i"m in the upper 40s now. i imagine if you are 20-30 then there"s lots of other players around.

one thing to consider is that VG isn"t known. in WoW everyone knows where to level at and it"s mapped out to the letter. I"m still exploring zones where no one has even been and getting server firsts. there"s quests and stuff there as well, it"s just that no one has went looking for them.

people bitched about both sides tho in WoW. You have the low pop servers where the bitching was about it being empty. You have the high pop ones where they bitch about it being too crowded. Not sure how they could force a server to be medium at all times without pissing people off.

MetalNeo_foh

shitlord
Kolle said:
it does seem somewhat empty to me, but i"m in the upper 40s now. i imagine if you are 20-30 then there"s lots of other players around.

one thing to consider is that VG isn"t known. in WoW everyone knows where to level at and it"s mapped out to the letter. I"m still exploring zones where no one has even been and getting server firsts. there"s quests and stuff there as well, it"s just that no one has went looking for them.

people bitched about both sides tho in WoW. You have the low pop servers where the bitching was about it being empty. You have the high pop ones where they bitch about it being too crowded. Not sure how they could force a server to be medium at all times without pissing people off.
After loading up WoW/TBC on my new comp my complaint is if you miss the first shot at leveling ur total screwed to solo grind.

And on the server mergers to fix VG nah because that doesnt fix the issue that just some places are overcamped populated for no reason. Sad to say VG needs WoW style summoning stones or get the damn fellowships in. Either way think im done playing both.

LadyVex_foh

shitlord
MetalNeo said:
After loading up WoW/TBC on my new comp my complaint is if you miss the first shot at leveling ur total screwed to solo grind.

And on the server mergers to fix VG nah because that doesnt fix the issue that just some places are overcamped populated for no reason. Sad to say VG needs WoW style summoning stones or get the damn fellowships in. Either way think im done playing both.
How are you screwed to solo grind?

I purposefully purchased TBC way after the release date so some of the frenzy would die down, and I"ve leveled two chars to 70 solo and had no problems.

Sithro_foh

shitlord
Eh, I usually like to group up. Unless the group is slow as hell, then I"d prefer to solo.

I hope ALL the newbies aren"t gone. I"d like some people to play with. :p

MetalNeo_foh

shitlord
LadyVex said:
How are you screwed to solo grind?

I purposefully purchased TBC way after the release date so some of the frenzy would die down, and I"ve leveled two chars to 70 solo and had no problems.
I hate soloing is why so if you miss that initial rush you can almost never find a group. So pretty much miss the initial plunge on a server and boom welcome to playing by yourself.

LadyVex_foh

shitlord
MetalNeo said:
I hate soloing is why so if you miss that initial rush you can almost never find a group. So pretty much miss the initial plunge on a server and boom welcome to playing by yourself.
Ahh that would present a problem. WoW is very geared towards a solo man; so I"d say that WoW probably isn"t for you. I used to be the same way, always grouping which is why I was a cleric in EQ.

The good part to soloing is no idiots, so after awhile I ended up prefering the solo method heh.

RunningDog_foh

shitlord
MetalNeo said:
And on the server mergers to fix VG nah because that doesnt fix the issue that just some places are overcamped populated for no reason.
You"d think that particular lesson had been learned from Asherons Call. Huge world = lots of empty towns and dungeons and a few locations camped 24/7 as everyone migrates to the best levelling / loot spots. IIRC Turbine placed 2 - 3 carbon copies of the popular dungeons around the world to deal with the crowding and spread people out.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
MetalNeo said:
And on the server mergers to fix VG nah because that doesnt fix the issue that just some places are overcamped populated for no reason.
Of course, overcrowding of popular dungeons would be a non-issue if they were instanced....

holymight_foh

shitlord
Itzena said:
Of course, overcrowding of popular dungeons would be a non-issue if they were instanced....
Dungeons in Vanguard are not structured such that they can be instanced. They are actually in the world and have multiple points of entry. They are not linear. Reason I never bothered with instances in WoW other than the raid ones was because of how linear they were. If you run through them once you have seen pretty much everything. Not so with Vanguard.

Aphextwin_sl

shitlord
Kolle said:
When the game was initially released I rolled a Sorcerer, plenty of people around and pretty easy to find a quest buddy or two or group it up while exploring and leveling. Once I got into my low 30"s finding others started to become a pain, waiting around for tank or healer or both seemed to take forever and I am not big on playing solo for extended periods so I decided to roll a warrior alt and level that guy up while the majority of our guild and the general server population continued to level up and once I see more players around low to mid 30"s I"ll start playing my Sorcerer again.

Oddly enough I am now running into the same exact problem with my warrior but at the low to mid 20"s level, last night for example we just could not find a healer for our Infineum group, checking the LFG only displayed around 15 people and only one was a healer but unfortunately he was miles away from us and doing something else anyway, spamming /1 and /shout yielded nothing for almost an hour. Hopefully it is just that people are taking it easy after the back to back double XP weekends but it is discouraging nonetheless.

kohl_foh

shitlord
holymight said:
Dungeons in Vanguard are not structured such that they can be instanced. They are actually in the world and have multiple points of entry. They are not linear.
The dungeons in WoW are indeed fairly linear. However, I don"t see why they couldn"t create more instances with multiple points of entry kind of like Stratholme. That is to say, it seems like more of a design decision than any kind of technical barrier.

Conversely, I also don"t see why a dungeon with multiple points of entry as you stated, couldn"t be instanced.

Also, why could a game not decide to use both instanced and non-instanced content? Make some huge bad-ass dungeons non instanced, but then add in some others that are. I don"t see the problem.

The Bog_sl

shitlord
RunningDog said:
You"d think that particular lesson had been learned from Asherons Call. Huge world = lots of empty towns and dungeons and a few locations camped 24/7 as everyone migrates to the best levelling / loot spots. IIRC Turbine placed 2 - 3 carbon copies of the popular dungeons around the world to deal with the crowding and spread people out.
Exactly. Vanguard is empty, both of players and of charm. It"s this huge world of nothing, with little creative drive. It just feels like a lump of rolling terrain.

It was charming back in 1999 when nobody knew what the fuck was going on, but now? Not so much.

Vanguard is the Mika of the MMORPG genre.

Kaxmax_foh

shitlord
RunningDog said:
Or maybe learned it from a game they created, EQ? The same exact thing happened in EQ once Kunark came out. Dungeons like Howling Stones & Chardok (pre-revamp) sat around completely empty for the most part while Karnor"s & Seb had lists for every named.

woqqqa_foh

shitlord
Itzena said:
Or even if Sigil had managed to implement the AES (Automatic (?) Encounter System) they hyped so much prior to release. Instead, it"s EQ camping time! Yeah, this game"s going to last....

Bolero_foh

shitlord
Yeah, had a lot of fun in Trengal waiting for our turn to spawn nizesk or whatever the 6 dot boss mob is named. 3 groups waiting and it seemed to be an hour+ per spawn. Our group got bored and left before we could get it.

Funny how you can travel the chunks and never see anyone, but go to a place like Trengal and everything is camped times 3. There is other content out there, but thanks to the insane travel times, people stick to the same dungeons.