Why did Rift fail?

kudos

<Banned>
The community fucking sucked.

I didn't play the expansion but the original launch game was very fun. The dungeons were a little too linear though and the quest fetching solo game got boring.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Technically you had a mount in the intro zone as well.
How do you "technically" have a mount in the intro zone, when the intro zone had no mounts, period? Unless you are counting legs as mounts, there weren't any.

You left the intro zones through the rift, and that brought you into the Freemarch and Silverwood zones (6-20). Mathosia (1-6) and Terminus (1-6) had no mailboxes, so there was no way to collect a mount until you left them without any technicalities. The access to any speed mount didn't happen until youleftthe tutorial zone.

It's not really that big of a deal or 'smackdown' nor was I trying to argue with him, but that information you're now knobbing on is just not correct. Was just saying it for posterity as part of a conversation; not for brownie points or whatever.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
How do you "technically" have a mount in the intro zone, when the intro zone had no mounts, period? Unless you are counting legs as mounts, there weren't any.

You left the intro zones through the rift, and that brought you into the Freemarch and Silverwood zones (6-20). Mathosia (1-6) and Terminus (1-6) had no mailboxes, so there was no way to collect a mount until you left them without any technicalities. The access to any speed mount didn't happen until youleftthe tutorial zone.

It's not really that big of a deal or 'smackdown' nor was I trying to argue with him, but that information you're now knobbing on is just not correct. Was just saying it for posterity as part of a conversation; not for brownie points or whatever.
Not sure if the tutorial zone changed, but you used to get a horse mount as part of a quest there, but it was only temporary.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The Mathosia tutorial had a quest with a horse. On a side note you could skip everything and run through the tutorials exiting though the rifts at level 1. This was later patched to require lvl6 or 8 I do not recall.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
The Mathosia tutorial had a quest with a horse. On a side note you could skip everything and run through the tutorials exiting though the rifts at level 1. This was later patched to require lvl6 or 8 I do not recall.
Oh, I guess I did it the tourist way and stayed in that first little area actually fighting things o_O Never thought about running through as a Level 1 but idk if I could have killed anything once I got through without the souls that they gave you in there.

I sure didn't remember any horse quest at launch so that's my mistake, and stand corrected.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Mounts aren't restricted by level, so if there were a mailbox in the intro zone, you could have a mount. My account is flagged with a mount with each new character, but I have to get the rewards from the mailbox. No mailbox in the intro zone.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, they might have changed it. They probably did change it.

At release, in the guardian tutorial zone, you got a mount to show you how to use mounts and you coulda done that at level 1. So technically you had a mount!