Wichita KS - No, really

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Might have to go here in the new year. Is it really the shit meth town I assume it will be?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Eh, Wichita isn't a hellhole or anything. It's a pretty typical small to medium sized, boring, generic city(I think the population is a few hundred thousand, it's not tiny). Has all the typical stores and chain restaurants that you would expect, as well as a fairly large university. They have one of the worlds largest Imax theaters, a minor league hockey team and several museums.

I'd definitely never want to live there, but there are worse places to visit for a few days. Just FYI it'll be ass cold in the winter(down to below zero) and stupid hot in the summer(can get up over 100)

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
At least it isn't Junction City!

It's been a long time since I've been there and all I remember is generally uninteresting midwestern sprawl.

If you don't stop by KC for some BBQ with us 'Bisi, Joeboo will be very unhappy.

joeboo.jpg

Furiouss1_sl

shitlord
I drove by the construction site for the other night and it is immense. A 4 person waterslide. I see a rerolled trip this summer.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Is Schlitterbahn going to be completely finished this year finally? I've had friends go in the last year or two and were pretty disappointed at all the incomplete construction, yet still having to pay full price to get in.

Furiouss1_sl

shitlord
But back to Wichita. The Wichita State Shockers mens basketball team is really turning heads again this year. Possibly a better KU rival than K State. And congrats to your Tigers on their bowl win.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I spent the night in Wichita a week ago while driving cross country. From my brief time there I learned they make lots of small airplanes and Joe Walsh grew up there. If I had to enter a witness protection plan and escape the mob, I wouldn't discount Wichita.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
And White Castle hamburgers started in Wichita, yet they don't have a single one left anymore. It's a Damn shame

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Wichita has three main types of people:

People who work for Boeing
People who are Air Force
Latinos to work in the meat processing plants

Of course there are other types of people, but these three dominate the city.

I may need to add Joe Walsh fans to the list, I didn't know that.