Wii U and 3DS jailbreak

Siliconemelons

Oh yeah Y adapter.. forgot about that

I found a 64gb micro SD with matching SD adapter - I have noticed lately that micro SDs dont like just any old adapter...silly thing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, and even using Class 10 + USB 3.0 doesn't do much to help the ungodly slow write speeds. I downloaded the Zelda update (2.2GB) from a torrent in less than half the time it took to write it to the SD card afterwards.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Just follow through every single step from 0 to 6. It WILL take hours at step 4 when you dump your NAND onto the SD card (which will shrink by 32gb) and copying wii u games is laborious - you have to download the titles you want on your PC (hours), then copy them to the SD card (hours), then transfer them on the wii U from the SD card to the USB drive (hours). But once you start it, it just runs by itself.

Oh, for step 6 when you actually start downloading games, the website they won't mention is wiiu dot titlekeys dot com, just type that into the tiki tool bar (or Wii U USB tool, etc) and you are good to go.
In the middle of the nonsense right now, step 4 is taking for fucking ever, so I decided to read ahead. I don't see anything like that in step 6. Am I missing something or did they change it? Step 6 just talks about using disc2app.

edit: nevermind, I see what happened

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
weird, it looks like they removed the info on how to download stuff with utikdownloadhelper:

wiiututorial said:
To better adhere to subreddit guidelines and policies regarding piracy, I have removed the Brazilian Title Install Method from the wiki. This has been replaced by a guide that outlines how to use disc2app, which is a great and easy tool to convert your physical Wii U games into digital titles.

this is the brazilian title section that used to be step 6, its way way way faster way to download wii u games but i guess its kinda.. piratey.... yaarrrr, matey
Delete ABrazilianWaysToDoThings.md · FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial@b17a115 · GitHub

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I guess the guy had reason to think reddit was going to take his shit down if he didn't remove that part. There was some posts on reddit about it.

Siliconemelons

Okay I am retarded, I am not following the guide very well... although I am not DOING it - I am just reading it... I did the prep stuff for the SD card and got all the files as stated - except the optional things - and I didnt get all the loadline stuff-- windows defender kept stopping some of them as malicious and I cant stop it / allow as its a work comp ;-P

so do I have to buy one of those DS games via the eshop?

And so I follow the directions on that above linked brazzilion thing to download shit from the eshop via the net and downloaded on my USB/HDD preformatted- then I have to get into the homebrew launcher "Via your preffered method" I hate when they say shit like that- just say how to do it

Siliconemelons

Okat tl:dr myself

once you get the homebrew channel working you dont have to do the redirected boot to the SD card unless you want to for...security, or whatnot..

Once you get the homebrew channel up and running - you can then do the stuff on "delete abrazilionwaystowhatever" to install the games downloaded to your HDD/USB or Local WIIU - and then once that is set, you really dont have to boot to the homebrew anymore unless you want to install new games you downloaded...

right?

but i still need to buy one of those DS games for it to hijack and make my -inpath to the homebrew?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I only use homebrew launcher when I need to install a game, but if you add new homebrew apps,it will put them in there. So depending on your usage, you may use homebrew launcher all the time. You need to buy the VC game, so you can insert haxchi into it, which is what launches the custom firmware and allows you to play rips/homebrews/etc.

Vorph

If you're in Europe there's a free DS game that works. If not, you have to buy Brain Age for $7. Without that you can't use Haxchi.

redNAND is so that if you ever do something wrong instead of bricking your console or ending up with a firmware that breaks everything, you've only ruined the backup of your real sysNAND and can just start over at step 4 or whatever it was.

As for how to do stuff: I turn on my Gamepad and immediately press Haxchi before I've even turned my TV on. That way I'm always in redNAND / Mocha CFW. There's no reason not to be that I know of (vWii games I guess, but I don't even own nunchuks so that's all useless to me). I only use Homebrew Launcher to install games with WUP Installer Mod, and to run Padcon which is a app that lets the Pro controller shut off the gamepad screen and keep it off, because the default shit turns it back on all the goddamn time.

Haxchi / Mocha CFW is absolutely required to install updates and DLC (because they aren't properly signed), as well as breaking the region lock if you want to install Zelda EUR in the US before Friday. Updated games can then be run without CFW; games with DLC installed or cross region cannot be run at all outside of CFW. I still suggest just always loading Haxchi/CFW though.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Loadiine apparently sucks for Zelda so I got a WUP instead. That part further sucks because I don't have cables for the only external HDD I could find >.>

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I actually got turned around on the guide once or twice, just be methodical. Installing coldboot haxchi now. Fingers crossed.Although it seems the warnings are kind of overblown.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
hrm coldboot instructions are kind of fucky. Starts you off saying "put this folder on your SD card. You should only have two folders ont he root". Well that isn't the case if you followed the guide... hold on to your butts, people

Vorph

I really don't see the point of coldboot. It saves you one tap on the gamepad screen and maybe a few seconds of boot time.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I just do what Vorph does. Go to the quicklaunch screen(hit home on pad when system is off) and click Haxchi.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So I just saw that brazil method or whatever, which I am downloading now, do I still need to find a separate update to apply? Couldn't get uWizard to unpack the WUD correctly and that's how I played all my previous games so I am pretty lost right now.

NM I figured out DiscU

NM I still can't get this shit to install

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm at work now so I can't get the link, but some guy on gbatemp had a step by step for Zelda (assuming that's what you're talking about) that incorporates the update.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Downloaded BotW (EUR) and it has a .tik file in it, assuming it's not the proper one?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It is the proper one, but you need the update as well, for it to play. I got the update from the magnet link that Vorph provided a couple days ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

ehh as for zelda I am just going to wait for tomorrow when the USA version drops- it should be more straight forward / no patch - I hope

Tonight I am going to buy that estore VC game and get into homebrew - I downloaded zelda 2 and put it on my SD card as a test for getting downloaded titles to work...and I like zelda 2... and I owned the game...and bought it on wii VC.