Wii U

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
the released the paint brush yesterday ...

japan sales week 1 = 144k and essentially sold out of initial shipment (97% sellthrough)--the #2 title sold...41k units...
wiiu sold ~19k units
you also have to take this in context. consoles & dedicated gaming devices are pretty much a dying breed in Japan now, its all phones all the time

the xbone sold ~550 units last week
the ps4 sold 12k

i read that the plan is to release a new map every 2 weeks until august patch.

also...SQUID GIRL Costume is coming - atleast to japanese versions of the game i have not seen it confirmed for US versions as of yet.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Don't see why not - all the game servers are shared worldwide so all players would need the Ika Musume assets anyways to see other players with it.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
true true

my 10yr old son LOVES the paint brush, finally a weapon he is ..good at. my 10yr old daughter is good with it and pretty much any other weapon, my 13yr old...

basically he is good with everything BUT the brush...but he cannot play atm due to poor grades and not turning in homework-i can check his grades and assigments online, overallgrade under 80= no electronics- except for schoolwork- until all over and 80 (or a week passes whichever comes 2nd, missing homework assignments are no electronics for a week or until all assignments passed in- whichever comes...second(and as long as grades are 80 or higher)

we have all 3 consoles, the wiiu gets the most use-due to local multiplayer games.

koljec_sl

shitlord
we have all 3 consoles, the wiiu gets the most use-due to local multiplayer games.
If I had kids, Splatoon is good enough that it would make me consider buying a second Wii U and TV to play with them online.

I love how fast, snooth, and responsive it is -- it's everything I loved about Monday Night Combat and even more.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Bought Splatoon, and this game is hilarious fun. I disabled motion control on the Wii U gamepad, and adjust the camera movement setting down a bit and I am owning everyone lol. 3 hours went by last night and I didn't even flinch. Anyone playing? Can get some friend games going.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
If I had kids, Splatoon is good enough that it would make me consider buying a second Wii U and TV to play with them online.

I love how fast, snooth, and responsive it is -- it's everything I loved about Monday Night Combat and even more.
MY WIFE would kill me if i bought another one.....

update on game:

if you see jujubee or awesome. those are my 10yr olds,,if you see me (lenardo) that is me, dillybo i think it my 13yr old(currently locked out of electronics due to not turning in homework)

they unlocked another map and gun this week.....gun goes live ,,about now

edit: nintendo just posted that sales have surpassed 1 million and is going strong still. almost 500k in the us & 350k in japan- other countries get the other 150k so far in the past month.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I just got a refurb from Nintendo since they're so cheap, and I come requesting games that I can play with my wife. She loves all the LittleBigPlanet games and still says she prefers them to SM 3D World so far. I expect I'll be getting things like DK Tropical Freeze, that yarn Yoshi game, etc., but are there any gems out that I might overlook?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
legends, party, umm, I don't know your wife so, super Mario Bros u, etc. Splatoon is awesome, the single person game is short but good, pikmin,

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If you still have a Club Nintendo account, spend all of your coins before they're gone. Going to the website, they have a whole bunch of games listed right now.

I picked up Mario64 for 250 coins and Super Mario Brothers 3 for 200 more. Good stuff.

Siliconemelons

yup, I think today? is the last day to get or redeem coins - I picked up Super Mario Land SNES, Earthboud SNES and NES Remix vol.1 - all WiiU versions... always nice to have some fun games to play on the WiiPad.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
New mode releasing for Splatoon tomorrow called Tower Battle - looks a lot like Payload in TF2 except with 1 neutral objective.