Wii U

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
damn it, download is taking forever! finally got some space! kcxiv if any one wants to play with a noob later! i have 0min playtime with any smash game though. lol

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i have no fucking clue what im doing in Smash. Game looks clean though. When you pause and look around, awesome.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Game is trill. I couldn't imagine playing it without the Cube pad, was never able to properly adapt in Smash 3DS because of button placement. It's been embedded in my brain since Melee.

Still have a couple guys to unlock and one or two stages. I've done OK online unless I do For Glory with all the "no fun allowed" guys who mostly wreck me.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
damn it, download is taking forever! finally got some space! kcxiv if any one wants to play with a noob later! i have 0min playtime with any smash game though. lol
That was pretty much me. I'm getting okay with Little Mac, but anytime I play the fun modes where they give me some random character to use, I feel lost not knowing what the commands are going to do. I haven't even dared to try to play online yet.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've only played "For Glory" so far. If you're interested in being "competitive" you should look at how DI works (of you get hit up hold left/right and if you're hit left or right hold up). Learn to stand counter and down c-stick to punish dodge dancers. Also you can grab directly out of shield.

I've played almost every waking moment since launch and still blow though, so I'm sure there's a lot more to learn.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'll lean more and more toward For Glory but right now I'm too busy unlocking all the shit and messing around with the modes.

After that I'll try and get my Samus skills up to snuff.

Gogojira for NNID if anyone wants to add me.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I forgot how damn good the wavebirds were. Even after so many years of use followed by years in storage they are still responsive as hell and just fit my hand perfectly. Hopefully Nintendo rereleases those as I only have three and the pro controller is nice it just doesn't feel the same.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i need to google a damn Smash Bro's WiiU tutorial. Im playing, but i dont think im playing correctly!

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
My precious Donkey Kong seems worse than ever
frown.png
. On the other hand, my precious Jigglypuff seems to have gotten a buff!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Of the new characters I've tried, I'm really digging Pac Man and Mega Man. Especially Mega Man. His smash attack when fully charged has a ridiculous range to it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Turns out I was just trying to be too cute with Crazy/Master hand. Anymore I just avoid/block their attack and walk under it and spam up attack. Although the best difficulty I've done that on is 6.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Is playing Classic even worth it? Looks like you can unlock all the characters just by playing Smash mode.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
how does the percentages work? im still lost on that, i play the cpu, win a few times, but im not sure how im getting the W lol

The Muze_sl

shitlord
With all the broken, shit releases we have become far too familiar with in this industry, it is refreshing to buy a game that completely lives up to the insane hype that surrounds it. Smash is eating into my LoL addiction and that's saying something. I can't wait to get some friends over for the holiday weekend.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
how does the percentages work? im still lost on that, i play the cpu, win a few times, but im not sure how im getting the W lol
It was explained before in this thread but basically, smash uses a system that's the opposite of the normal system. You start at 0 "life" and as you take damage, your % increases. The higher it is, the more you're pushed away when you take damage, which makes it easier and easier to get knocked out of the arena, which is the loss condition. In theory there's no limit to how much you can get as long as you don't get knocked out(or well there's probably a hard limit but it's not like typical fighters where if you hit 0, you lose).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
999% is the highest it goes but I don't see how you could possibly hit that unless the person is just chipping away at you for hours using basic attacks. At that point anything that launches you will screen you. Like for sudden death they start you at 300% and I've never not screened the opponent immediately off my dash attack.