Wild Hearts - EA Monster Hunter Clone

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The graphics are killing me here. Everything white, is just the brightest whites. The FPS dipping below 40 is a bitch. Especially when it's a huge hitch. Every time I build something there is a slight hitch where it dips below 40FPS. Man, when are they putting in a damn graphics patch?!

You've got more patience than me lol, I gave up and am waiting for the patch.

Seemed like every time I tried to turn 45 degrees too fast my FPS would crater below 40, just totally insufferable

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
All about food document. Sad that there wasn't more to it as I've discovered the majority of these and was hoping there was some more depth to it.

Food shrines + fish paddles are pretty sick to cut out the need to farm when you can load them up in your maps too bad they don't have one for meat.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Just got around to beating the bird of auspice after clearing out all the rest of the crap and upgraded my armor and weapon. Excited to see what you can build deep in the tree if you can already get all these perks and decent enough attack to wreck house.

Edit: if you haven't finished chapter 3 don't store anything in Minato. It wiped out 3 chests full of food mats that I had stored in my house after I finished the quest <_<

asdfasdfasd.png

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Patch is up:
Good news, hunters! A patch has just been deployed to PC today that addresses the following issues, including fixes to address frame rate performance:

• Fixed an issue where certain high-end CPUs were being unintentionally capped. High-end PC’s should see some performance improvements now.
  • Fixed an issue where some sounds were not playing or were being delayed, causing the audio to stack. This ‘audio stacking’ issue was also causing strain on players’ CPU. As a result of this fix, players should see performance improvements across the board. The workaround using 5.1/7.1 audio is no longer necessary on PC.
  • Setting default resolution to 16:9 1080p on first boot. The recommended spec for WILD HEARTS is aligned to a 16:9 1080p display, for first time users this will now be the default setting. You can change this setting to the resolution of your choice in-game.
  • Fixed render issue (disco lights) when using an AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX.
  • Fixed an issue on the save/load screen that could result in corrupted save data.
We are working on getting the audio and save/load fixes called out above deployed to PS5 and Xbox X|S next week, and we’ll update you as soon as we can with a more specific date.

The team at Omega Force thanks you for your patience and support, we will continue to hunt down and slay performance issues in future updates. Stay safe and stay sharp, hunters.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
  • Fixed an issue where certain high-end CPUs were being unintentionally capped. High-end PC’s should see some performance improvements now."

In other words, poor coding caused 75% of AMD chips to fry in testing and before we could uncap that we had to fix our code.

Edit:
  • Fixed an issue where some sounds were not playing or were being delayed, causing the audio to stack. This ‘audio stacking’ issue was also causing strain on players’ CPU. As a result of this fix, players should see performance improvements across the board. The workaround using 5.1/7.1 audio is no longer necessary on PC.
Hah :)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
  • Fixed an issue where certain high-end CPUs were being unintentionally capped. High-end PC’s should see some performance improvements now.

I must have a shit system. Still getting around 60fps with dips into the 40's.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I don't notice any difference and was hoping to cap at 120 instead of 60. I did turn the audio back to stereo instead of 5.1/7.1.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am into the end game now and there is no additional armor upgrades the end game grind will be talismans and how you weave weapon upgrades.
Grinded out the stones needed for the toughest fights and you have 15 minutes and can’t die so really lends itself to multiplayer or be perfect because these fuckers hurt. You get the final materials needed to fully upgrade your dragonpits from them.

Gonna make one badass build for each weapon then put this down for a while, hell of a first attempt and can’t wait to see what else they do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I am into the end game now and there is no additional armor upgrades the end game grind will be talismans and how you weave weapon upgrades.
Grinded out the stones needed for the toughest fights and you have 15 minutes and can’t die so really lends itself to multiplayer or be perfect because these fuckers hurt. You get the final materials needed to fully upgrade your dragonpits from them.

Gonna make one badass build for each weapon then put this down for a while, hell of a first attempt and can’t wait to see what else they do.

Ya. Come help me kill the gold dude...

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So. I am assuming that the second maul is 825 raw damage and 560 nature?

I also assume that end game for now is building a weapon with the skills you want attached, since the armor pretty much stops.

aaa.jpg
bbb.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure I understand what the point of having a "10 hour trial" is when there's a hard lock at the Minato gates. I was expecting to be able to get to the point where I could craft the two weapons that interest me the most (staff & claw) and see if they were fun enough to drop the $70, not to be cockblocked after barely 2 hours.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vorph Vorph EA pro will get you in the door.
For whatever reason, Play Pro is still PC only and I pretty much only use my Xbox these days. Definitely won't be playing this on Series S though, not sure what the hell they did but if someone told me I was looking at a Switch game I'd believe them.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah the katana engine plus whatever they did looks terrible in motion. If you just chill in some places it can look decent.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I 100%'ed what's available currently and I'm still not tired of it, but can't wait to see what they do in another year of additions.

Made the giga chad katana and have what I can only assume is the best armor/talisman set up I can get currently. I know MH series has nothing to worry about but I hope this inspires them to do a bit more with the genre.

asdfadsfasd.jpg

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user