Wild Hearts - EA Monster Hunter Clone

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I hope it's good. I tried Dauntless for a bit and it never felt like a good alternative to MH.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's EA - it will suck. Don't get your hopes up - and I cannot wait to see what type of MTX system they put in this.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
You'd think it would be pretty easy to make a good MH clone. All you have to do is copy their systems, but create a functional and useable UI and UX.

Oh, and make multiplayer not have to wait so long to start.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah more quality of life for joining coop games and like you said a UI/UX that works. They * might * be able to do this from the get go with Omega Force realizing this - the problem comes into play with how much bullshit will EA push down in an MTX system that won't be announced until the game launches (If it does have MTX) because EA is slippery like that. All depends on how much control EA "Originals" has over the developer.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's EA - it will suck. Don't get your hopes up - and I cannot wait to see what type of MTX system they put in this.
Its published by EA. Developed by Koei Tecmo, the gameplay will be fine. The other aspects that EA directly controls like MTX / Season Pass shit...yea, don't hold your breath.

• 1Truth!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There should be a Trial/demo out tomorrow, Feb. 13th. Not sure which platforms, but it will launch on Feb. 16th.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Weeb shit really turned me off to Monster Hunter, this drop that nonsense and actually for straight guys?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching some demo streams this morning. Game looks good graphically, and the combat is way way faster than MHW / Rise, its like Nioh speed vs. big monsters. The streams were all PS5 in Performance mode, looked like a stable 60fps.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
This game really looks like it could be good, but apparently the performance is really bad on PC and performance mode on ps5 is 1080p. I'm prob just gonna get it on ps5 but I expect the game to get shitted on from all the performance issues.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Looks great, downloading the demo now. EA Play, plus 10% off = cheaper than just buying Friday. I'm getting PC to see how 4090 handles it, will report back tonight.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Be sure to select your correct Pronoun at character selection. I'm out.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Playing via ea play early access, so far the game is fantastic. Love the hammer, it has a timing element like the sword and shield from MH world and attacks with it feel so satisfying to land.
Only few hours in but looking at the unlocks this game has some legs for sure.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Be sure to select your correct Pronoun at character selection. I'm out.
Yeah man that shit had me rustled but ignored and worth it so far!

MH world remains my favorite game of all time though so there is that.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Playing via ea play early access, so far the game is fantastic. Love the hammer, it has a timing element like the sword and shield from MH world and attacks with it feel so satisfying to land.
Only few hours in but looking at the unlocks this game has some legs for sure.

downloading.gif

• 1Solidarity

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Been playing a ton of games with great music lately so maybe that is why I have noticed but this OST is terrible. It just gets louder as the monster gets angry, nothing fits.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Idk how sold I am on the building, but overall it's not terrible. I'll probably be bored before my month of ea play expires, but it's def worth a look for MH fans.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Some thoughts after 6 hours so far.

Gameplay loop - feels great. Love the building (and I thought I'd hate it ala fortnite, but it adds some interesting gameplay to the hunting). Really like the monster design so far, sick to death of dragons tbh. Greatsword is awesome, bow is awesome. Actually, all the trial weapons feel great to play. The umbrella takes some getting used to and the skill cap on that seems high (too high for a pleb like me). The game is fun and iterative of MH, which is a good thing as the core gameplay loop of MH is exceptional to me.

That said...

This game is a technical mess on PC. The graphics are dated and almost feel untextured in parts of the world. Some of the graphics are great (monsters in particular), but the world itself is just bleh - there are times when traversing the world where I could believe this game was released 7 years ago. Not a compliment. Not helping this are the constant pop ins and asset load ins. I'm on a 4090 w/ a 7700x and no matter how much I tweak the game it just doesn't look good. Also, weird bugs keep happening to me - sound drops out, forcing me to reload. Jarring fighting a 25000 pound warthog and sound disappears. UI - I don't like the weapon upgrade UI. I'm sure I'll get used to this eventually but MH really was laid out well in comparison.

I'm definitely going to buy this, as it feels great to play if you can look through the technical bullshit but I wish this had cooked more and was using a completely different engine. Feels like it was made for PS4 and ported to next gen at times. I faded hard on MH Rise, so hopefully this scratches the MHW sized hole in my gaming life.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Poor mans Monster Hunter for sure.

3080ti 3440x1440 at medium setting, never once went over 75FPS. Stayed closer to 55-60, with dips in the 40's. Game will get ripped on PC with it being not very optimized. The textures...they MUST be low res.

Hmmm. The building shit is pretty gimmicky. With monsters just steam rolling over the structure and destroying it sucks. OR they just stay away and won't attack to get within jumping distance. ALONG with the control for attacks mid air are a guess which way you're going to attack fest. It feels more a chore than a help. At least with the umbrella.

Early bosses have horrible tells for some moves. Umbrella says you can parry, but clearly not bosses. Does this game have any sort of iframes?

Music is VERY VERY distracting. I usually leave music on in most games...This has to be turned off! The voice acting got lagged by about 10 seconds for no reason what so ever, during the second boss fight with the guy being hung up somewhere that I couldn't see. The cut scenes were skipped after the sound fucked up, and from then on my cut scenes auto skipped as if I was holding down the space bar.

I probably wouldn't buy this as of right now. Will play the 10 hours just to see if it gets better.

EDIT: Hammer feels pretty good.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users