Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

iannis

Musty Nester
Some of our best raiders in EQ were guys in wheelchairs. Autoface isn't that bad in pve for the reasons listed (it'll be turned off in pvp, where it is just a cheatmode).

Worst part of pve autoface is that it will make healing kind of faceroll. But then again you sadly need healing to be sort of faceroll in these games. COH has been the only game where I found the healing mechanics to be engaging and fun in and of themselves. Other games have been somewhere on the spectrum of painful---dull---look at all the pretty lights.

WS is gonna miss fun and engaging and seems to be aiming for look at all the pretty lights. And even with that simplicity there are still terribad healers.

But what I do like is that it makes deeeeeeeps at least partially responsible for their own healing. If the telegraph is green and you're running away from it well, fuck you. Just fuck you. Go die. Die horribly and painfully. I'm not chasing your psychotic rat ass.

For the Emperor.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll try and catch you over the coming holiday break Teck, been wanting to do some grouping as well just been slammed by rl.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If the telegraph is green and you're running away from it well, fuck you. Just fuck you. Go die. Die horribly and painfully. I'm not chasing your psychotic rat ass.
Because another popular game does not alrdy do this very same thing? NDA needs to poof so ppl can post more info on later levels since early levels just sounds horribly drab.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Removing Auto-face (and Lock on target, its dependency) in PvP is a good move but then it makes no sense not removing it in PvE as well : like PvP, PvE can be competitive too. Letting everyone run in instances with aimbot is just plain dumb.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Isn't the no NDA beta ending before dungeons too? Like it's 1-15 or something and first dungeon is 15+? Not showing dungeons seems a bit of a mistake in terms of PR.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They only dropped the NDA for 1-15 for some reviewers and streamers. It is hurting them at this point and it's a stupid practice when you have shown this many people your game through stress tests and friend keys.

misery_sl

shitlord
Maybe they should keep the NDA up. I just checked out that BG gameplay and the only thing I thought of was that if I wanted to play WoW, I would re-sub to WoW.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's WoW with guns and better combat. Every game subsystem like crafting and talent points is more complex than WoW.

It's basically just WoW cranked up to 11, with guns. If they can actually design decent raid encounters the game should be a fucking blast for anyone that just wants Super-WoW.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
The question is how many people really want WOW 2.0? The game is fun, but my personal opinion is it's not fun enough to subscribe to from what I have seen. However, I know very little about the endgame.

I'm intrigued with the Plex -> gametime system. I like EVEs setup in regards to that, even if that game bores me to tears. Right now I get a Rift vibe from this game. Same buzz. same setup. I hope I'm wrong.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the dungeons arnt in great shape right now. the aventures work well but only 1 of the 3 dungeon is in a shape i would say is ready for release. one of which doesnt work at all, again at this point in time.

bayr_sl

shitlord
The question is how many people really want WOW 2.0? The game is fun, but my personal opinion is it's not fun enough to subscribe to from what I have seen. However, I know very little about the endgame.

I'm intrigued with the Plex -> gametime system. I like EVEs setup in regards to that, even if that game bores me to tears. Right now I get a Rift vibe from this game. Same buzz. same setup. I hope I'm wrong.
I wouldn't say I want WoW 2.0, but Wildstar isn't even that to begin with. It has such lofty aspirations as to be what wow was 7 years ago, and it even falters at being that. Should be called Late to the Party Online