Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
For what it's worth I've got an i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz OC & a GTX660 with 16gb ram. I didn't have any performance issues. The game actually ran fantastic. That said I didn't hit level 10 either so I may not have got to some of the later areas that had not yet received polish passes.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

HoNJIPD.jpg

June 3rd launch. Gamerzine accidentally put up their article a day early.

Wildstar Release Date and Pre-Order Goodies Confirmed GamerZines

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
any word yet when they are going into the next phase and getting rid of accounts?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A rocket house. That's awesome.

And yes there is quite some optimization to go, hopefully they get it figured out in the next 3 months.

iannis

Musty Nester
So that pretty much puts it June at the latest?

Eh.

Meh.

I'd muster some angst... but yeah, that probably sounds about right.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
So that pretty much puts it June at the latest?

Eh.

Meh.

I'd muster some angst... but yeah, that probably sounds about right.
Do you think the optimization will happen by then? Keep in mind my expectations are already pretty low so I'll probably take the bait if the game runs half decent.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's good timing, hopefully lets them fix all the major issues and do a bunch of polish passes. It will have given them 3.5 months or so of people doing 36+ content, raids and the warplots, so hopefully that is enough time to fix anything that needs fixing. Plus it puts them 2 months after TESO release to maybe catch people who quit playing that. Not sure when WoWs expansion is supposed to hit.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I don't like the game at all but its very good timing. TESO will likely be hemorrhaging subs after the first month so anyone looking to game hop might take a look at it then.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't like the game at all but its very good timing. TESO will likely be hemorrhaging subs after the first month so anyone looking to game hop might take a look at it then.
And when Wildstar will hemorrage its subs, WoW's addon will be there to shovel everyone back in the trunk.

spronk

FPS noob
who are the bigger addicts

MMO players
crack smokers
alcoholics
fat people

I think the answer is crack, I've never seen any of the other 3 willing to suck a dick for a fix but hopefully there's a fat dude out there who would suck a dick for a 30 day game card and a bag of cheetos

It's good timing, hopefully lets them fix all the major issues and do a bunch of polish passes. It will have given them 3.5 months or so of people doing 36+ content, raids and the warplots, so hopefully that is enough time to fix anything that needs fixing. Plus it puts them 2 months after TESO release to maybe catch people who quit playing that. Not sure when WoWs expansion is supposed to hit.
Blizzard is claiming on or before Dec 20th for WoD. Wildstar will have an opportunity to maintain sub numbers after the first month with little opposition. The only thing on the horizon besides WoD is two digital expansions for TOR. It all depends on how people respond and how Carbine handles the crucial first month.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
who are the bigger addicts

MMO players
crack smokers
alcoholics
fat people

I think the answer is crack, I've never seen any of the other 3 willing to suck a dick for a fix but hopefully there's a fat dude out there who would suck a dick for a 30 day game card and a bag of cheetos
You know hes out there dude. Probably lurking in the Pantheon thread.

iannis

Musty Nester
Blizzard is claiming on or before Dec 20th for WoD. Wildstar will have an opportunity to maintain sub numbers after the first month with little opposition. The only thing on the horizon besides WoD is two digital expansions for TOR. It all depends on how people respond and how Carbine handles the crucial first month.
Honestly I think (IF they fix the performance issues) that they've got a good 2-3 months before the wild hemmorage sets in. There is enough there to keep most people with non poopsocking playstyles occupied for that long. Poopsockers will be capped at the end of the first month and lighting up the forums with complaints that the elder game is time-locked.

But that hinges on fixing performance. I read that they've been working on it already for low end systems... if this is how their game is going to perform on low end systems they're going to be losing money. It just runs unacceptably poorly. It's kinda like the devs themselves forget sometimes that they're talking about a subscription model... or they expect us to forget. Current performance would inhibit me from playing it even as f2p.

But they may be talking about the next build. They probably were.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
20 man raid Genetic Archives is available to closed beta players. There are plenty of guilds raiding currently.