Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I never claimed it was hard , That was Yanger braggin about it earlier, and how much better he was then all the other level 15's, AND that he was glad the game punished them so early on.

Like you said, what is hard is subjective. I haven't seen anything hard yet from 1-30. I play with my gaming group of 15 years tho, so I have no idea what a pug is like in this game.
Here you come with the stupid again. I never said the game is 'hard' at level 15, I said the game is actually punishing so that people have to learn how to fucking play. You play with the same group as you did back in EQ1? Hope the housewife that only plays clerics has learned how to not stand in shit.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Heres my question why would you even care about what goes on from 1-50 if your whole point is to reach the raiding content first for the real game.
The level 1-50 process should be for new MMO players that teaches them steadly to become good raiders, and a shot to app to a good guild.

I could give two shits on what happens to any MMO till I get cap. You are not going to teach me anything new at this point.
If anything I want the game to be accessible to casuals to the level cap, and make the real game tough as shit.

If so, you will not be playing the game you want for very long, because every MMO that has gone free to play fires their core team, and starts making content for their cash shops.
Well to answer your question, i dont really care bout pre 50 (i know it was a rhetoric question hehe). And i would agree with you if i would think that ws pre 50 is hard. For me its not, for you is not, for the masses? If they do not have a brain it will be. If they wont use the tools they have it will. But its not fixable u see. Cause You can make games easy as shit and end game hard and you ll have an army of morons at 50 that dont know what to do. As i said before for me the game HAS an increased difficulty, and as a veteran gamer you learn trough it while levlling. Most ppl (well that is an assumption anyway but still) are way too lazy even on gaming. They do not bother to learn, always tend to go the easiest way. Kid you not i met ppl at 50 that has no clue whata Moo is? is that the game fault? dont think so.

Column_sl

shitlord
You can go stand at the attunement for the very first group content in the game (the level 15 adventure) and WATCH as people walk up, accept the quest, and fail repeatedly to even finish it. Not just shitty people, but everyone that hasn't been taking the combat seriously. The bad players literally cannot even get to the point where they're ALLOWED to join the adventure queue to play with you.

Good shit.
Really because that is not what your post indicates here. ;}

Also don't be hating on house wifes. Who else is going to make those sandwiches....

Rime

<Donor>
So, not to disrupt the shitstorm about who said what, who is better, and who is a douchebag, but has anyone found any sales/coupons/discounts for the pre-order yet?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Wow... the first few levels of this game are REALLY fucken bad..
Yes. This feedback has been given ad nauseum and I even got the balls to mention it in person at PAX to some producer type person. His response was something on the lines of "yeah we know, but you only ever see it once and we wanted to ease people into the game who had never played an MMO" I tried to point out that anyone who would ever want to play an MMO would be turned off by that tutorial, but to no avail.

Caliane

Yes. This feedback has been given ad nauseum and I even got the balls to mention it in person at PAX to some producer type person. His response was something on the lines of "yeah we know, but you only ever see it once and we wanted to ease people into the game who had never played an MMO" I tried to point out that anyone who would ever want to play an MMO would be turned off by that tutorial, but to no avail.
that sucks. the complete lack of uproar about the tutorial and 1-10 on the official forums is disturbing too.

But that said, I did an adventure yesterday, and played with the housing a bit more.

housing is really interesting. visited others houses. played with mine. It really is pretty robust.
The ground is pretty set for now. But placing props. you have total control over props in the exact same way as you do with Landmark. Size, angle, rotation, everything. you can be REALLY creative.
Like one guy I visited, built a staircase into the sky, with floating rocks. And built his own home up in the sky out of planks, etc.

Interiors even let you adjust lighting. adding fog, smoke, etc.

homes have real value as well. Decor gives bonuses to rested EXP.
you can build "attractions" as well. Farming nodes, harvesting nodes.
Nodes that create "challenges". like jumping puzzles. (although these are preset. not custom jumping puzzles) But do have rewards. I assume other players can use these too?
Other temporary buffs. again, giving reason for others to visit your house to get the buff.
A portal to one of the raid zones.
once, you start building, that decor, the rested exp bonus, gives you reason to port back to your home, on logout.

Adventures are interesting. Basically what instancing should have been all along. Its taken this long for instances to really make use of instances..
Not really revolutionary. Basically the same branching path dungeon system like GW2, and some other uses. But takes it another step. Instead of just 3 wings. you basically have multiple tasks, in sequence. A bit like a gw2 event chain I suppose. Like, you get 3 branches for quests you can do to start with, pick one, then when turning it in, it opens up 5 more. pick one.
Instanced version of public quests/event chains kindof? probably the best description.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I think I'm going to get this because I'm a fucking sucker, but it seems to be a PVE focused game which is good to me. I started watching some videos last night to look at some classes and holy shit is the marketing for this game terrible. It's like the devs cram as many old and played out memes as they possibly can and think they're clever for it.

But fuck it, maybe I'll have some fun and last more than the 16 levels I lasted in ESO. I wish I wasn't such a ween and would roll something like a warrior and get away from the DPS classes everyone loves to pick (including me).

DMK_sl

shitlord
My mind is blown by how bad the first few levels are. Easing someone into a game is a lot different to actively trying to make your game as dull as possible. It's really astounding..

Caliane

Also, back to that good rundown last page.

Yeah, the game has a bit of a visual clutter issue at times.
Too many npcs in towns. Standing around doing nothing.

Quest dialogue is not remotely visible enough. Font is small. text boxes are often completely covered up or drowned out by on screen fx from fighting still going on. zone chat. level ups, etc.
Its hard to actually keep track of the in game storylines, the way quests are given.
And quest directions are not just bad, they are abysmal. you pretty much HAVE to play the game by quest tracker giant hovering arrow. Over and over you get quests, that do not give any directions at all, as to where they are located.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's pretty simple to gauge if you're going to like this game.

First, I'm assuming you like or don't mind the quest treadmill type of leveling experience.

Then you have to ask yourself: Do you like the combat and class system (mechanics, skills, LAS etc.)?

If you do: Then this game is going to be really awesome for you and you'll enjoy it a lot.
If you don't: Then the game is going to be shitty for you.

Personally I think the combat and the class system is horrendous. That's a shame because the rest of the game is very good for a quest leveling MMO. I can stand having shitty combat and a good class system (Archeage, ESO), but I can't stand shitty both.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, not to disrupt the shitstorm about who said what, who is better, and who is a douchebag, but has anyone found any sales/coupons/discounts for the pre-order yet?
Use coupon: 9HZ09L-D4RYEU-FIW8BE Coupon for 25% off at GMG expires soon on 5/9 at 9AM Pacific. If you get an error about a GMG credit, don't sweat it. Proceed to the next step in checkout to see the discount.

You got two and a half hours.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Personally I think the combat and the class system is horrendous. That's a shame because the rest of the game is very good for a quest leveling MMO. I can stand having shitty combat and a good class system (Archeage, ESO), but I can't stand shitty both.
I find that people's perception of the combat tends to result on their initial class and the abilities roll out. Once you get further in game, the combat system, at least from my perspective, gets much better as they become more fleshed out. Not saying that's great design, it's not, but it doesn't mean it's a deal breaker like ESO where the PvE content never gets better or GW2 where the class depth is non-existent.

Caliane

Use coupon: 9HZ09L-D4RYEU-FIW8BE Coupon for 25% off at GMG expires soon on 5/9 at 9AM Pacific. If you get an error about a GMG credit, don't sweat it. Proceed to the next step in checkout to see the discount.

You got two and a half hours.
had to do some weird stuff with removing the hyphens, then adding them back in.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
made it to level 5 last night fucking around while taking care of a sick kid, didn't think it was bad (it's certainly not "good" though).

Is there only one server? I've done zero reading of this thread or the game until a friend sent me the open beta link yesterday and said "Jump in pansy".

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The tutorial is way to long and is just a lot of running around and getting lore thrown at you. Once you actually get going in the game its pretty decent not anything super awesome but reasonably fun. I just don't know that anything I have seen so far warrants a subscription fee.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bleh, decided to pre-order Deluxe edition. Also, looking into the path quests some more, clearly the soldier path is the worst. The other ones seem far cooler and more varied and interesting. Soldier is literally 'click all the beacons you find and fuck up whatever spawns'. Scientist has more lore stuff, explorer is puzzles and settler actually looks really cool. You have to 'settle' to build/maintain/keep town improvements it looks like? While I was on last night I noticed it said something about someone unlocking speeder bikes for the Dominion. Also, some of the skills are a bit more thoughtful in their use within the DIKU combat concept than WoW. My warrior has a 10 sec cooldown skill that you can spam up to 4 times within a short time window if you have the 'rage', don't get stunned, don't need to kick, etc. that feels a lot more fluid than things like the channeled version of fists of fury Blizz added to Monks. Functionally the same thing, cone AOE melee 'dot', but much more natural within the combat system than 'stand still for a few seconds and watch'. Plus, there seems to be a speed buff for staying on roads. That's a slick way to circumvent the need for level 1 mounts and 'ignore the world' teleportation gimmicks.

Let me put it like this... if, like most people, you will probably buy the new WoW expac just login and play through a month or two to 'see things' while the MMO landscape is a barren wasteland, you'll probably get as much out of Wildstar with the potential for more. It really does remind me of TBC WoW with regards to bolder landscapes, scifi/fantasy mix, the 'foreign to both factions' zones, expanded talents still with direct stat bonuses, unique items and the like. Fair disclosure though, TBC was my favorite expac.