Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Are you serious with this? Comparing how hard fights now with Vanilla just illustrates you have no idea how hard either sets of those are. Heroic fights in Wrath and Cata and Mists are much harder than Vanilla ever was.
Are you seriously trying to say an added higher difficulty is harder then normal

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are you seriously trying to say an added higher difficulty is harder then normal
Are you seriously stupid enough to think that's a relevant metric?
"THE HARDEST CONTENT AVAILABLE IN THE GAME"
They didn't add a harder difficulty, they added piss easier ones for fuckheads like you.

Nothing in Vanilla WoW was particularly hard as we would think of it today. A fight with the complexity of Kel'thuzad or 4H would be dead within a day if they were released now. Maybe two. Anyone that thinks anything from Vanilla was as hard as say, Heroic Rag or Heroic Lei Shen is certifiably bonkers.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Are you seriously stupid enough to think that's a relevant metric?
"THE HARDEST CONTENT AVAILABLE IN THE GAME"
They didn't add a harder difficulty, they added piss easier ones for fuckheads like you.

Nothing in Vanilla WoW was particularly hard as we would think of it today. A fight with the complexity of Kel'thuzad or 4H would be dead within a day if they were released now. Maybe two. Anyone that thinks anything from Vanilla was as hard as say, Heroic Rag or Heroic Lei Shen is certifiably bonkers.
Your jimmies went into rustle mode, which caused you to jump that assumption train lol.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
That article describes exactly the way I feel lately as well. So much so that I've barely even bothered to put any effort into the Beta for both of these games and will not purchase them.
Something is just missing...maybe I'm getting bored of games as I grow older. Not sure yet, but there's definitely a void of excitement and emotions lately for me. I don't know what it's going to take to bring me back.
That happened to me as well. I mean i gamed every now and again, but it wasnt alot. ill play like street fighter for an hour or so a day total, but nothing outside of that really. Here and there i did a little, but in the last month or 2, i have gotten back into gaming. I thought my fire was burning out. I guess i just needed a good break of playing hardcore all the time. Them 7 years of evequest and 2 years of Vanguard hardcore really got to me and i will be 38 this year, so im getting up there a little bit.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I'm still not sure what I think about this game, from a Medic Healer perspective. I can't figure out if it's my gear (needing more Support Power/Insight), or if dungeons just seriously hurt that hard even for tanks.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Your jimmies went into rustle mode, which caused you to jump that assumption train lol.
If by assume you mean read your post at exactly face value? You're a fucking retard.
I'm still not sure what I think about this game, from a Medic Healer perspective. I can't figure out if it's my gear (needing more Support Power/Insight), or if dungeons just seriously hurt that hard even for tanks.
Depends on if they're standing in bullshit that they're not supposed to.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Vanilla was only hard because even the best guilds only had like 15-18 good players out of 40.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Vanilla WoW was good times, i dont think anything was relatively hard - and i agree in comparison to heroic fights now it is indeed light and day. However back then you had far less resources, and capabilities - so trying to judge which is harder by todays standards is stupid.

Also spot on - even the best guilds had to carry people but i think we were fortunate enough that it was more like 35 ppl carrying 5. 40 man guilds back in vanilla were for the hardcore, then again im speaking from perspective of those trying to stay in top 3 WW position so we really never "carried" people.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This isn't 2005, you don't need to teach the monkeys how to download raid frames and spam remove lesser curse on 40 people with button mashing whack-a-mole. DDR is still alive and well though.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Depends on if they're standing in bullshit that they're not supposed to.
I'll take "Boss auto attacks for $2000, Alex." Yes, it was clocking the tank for 2-4k, no special attacks. People have around 7-8.5k hp, around 2.9-3.5k shields at level 20. Not an insignificant amount of damage.

I was wondering about if the tank was using any mitigation abilities, though; I haven't looked through what the tank roles get yet. All I know is that just simply being melee'd by the Stormcaller/first boss in Stormtalon's Lair was an insane amount of damage.

Daidraco

I'll take "Boss auto attacks for $2000, Alex." Yes, it was clocking the tank for 2-4k, no special attacks. People have around 7-8.5k hp, around 2.9-3.5k shields at level 20. Not an insignificant amount of damage.

I was wondering about if the tank was using any mitigation abilities, though; I haven't looked through what the tank roles get yet. All I know is that just simply being melee'd by the Stormcaller/first boss in Stormtalon's Lair was an insane amount of damage.
I dont recall any of the tanking abilities. I was a Huntard in Vanilla. But The tanks had 5500-6500 to be more exact. People werent full Tier 1 and were wearing Resistance armor to supplement. We were talking about it in Final Fantasy last year and people had screen shots. But yea, you are right that they were fucking hitting like a truck. It resembled how EverQuest fights went very closely in terms of Hit Point control. Im sure tanks had one or two "Oh Shit" abilities, but people are very much so - right - in that you cannot compare Heroic Raids with Vanilla raids.

The time it took to get through that content took guilds longer than it does now to complete bosses in Normal, but not near as long as it does to complete some bosses on Heroic. Not to mention, you had other outside factors that played a major role in Vanilla. Such as as fire resistant armor where the mats and recipes had to be farmed. Alchemy was king shit back then too and using a fucking fire absorption potion was almost required, during the sons phase for Rag. It wasnt memorizing mechanics, but more along the lines of putting in work to get there. Poop socking if you will. You still had to have a good amount of skill to complete that content when it was relevant, but playing dance, dance revolution was not a key component. I personally loved the hell out of Molten Core and always had a fun ass time with the other 39 lemmings I had with me. 40 Man Naxx was the only time that I ever really felt like my balls were being slammed against the wall and my guild didnt make it that far before they released BC. (which to be fair, not many guilds even had 40 man Naxx on their radar).

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why do people even compare modern raiding to stuff 10 years ago? You have a million advantages and such you never had back then of course it's going to be "more complex".

Daidraco

Hell, I cant even remember if addons had made a big appearance yet. I dont recall anything like Deadly Boss Mods, thats for fucking sure.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Warriors get mitigation via a big ass defense grid that'll buff you too. They're mostly, weirdly, about having massive hp and regening their shield through their special defense tree attack.