Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Flight

Molten Core Raider
they are not hard once people get it in their head that standing in red=bad and that they have to interrupt hostile casts

Telegraphing the red means that it has to be more tightly balanced. Too much warning = too easy. Too little warning = too hard

The problem with this is that normal latency can cause significant issues for some and not for others. I don't believe it is as much of an issue in systems with less obvious tells because they don't need to be so stringently and consistently balanced to present a challenge.

Official forums are going to be a massive bitch fest within weeks of launch. If you're reading Scooter by far the best move you could pull would be to close the official forums - period. I'm guessing you probably won't, so good luck with that.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Telegraphing the red means that it has to be more tightly balanced. Too much warning = too easy. Too little warning = too hard

The problem with this is that normal latency can cause significant issues for some and not for others. I don't believe it is as much of an issue in systems with less obvious tells because they don't need to be so stringently and consistently balanced to present a challenge.

Official forums are going to be a massive bitch fest within weeks of launch. If you're reading Scooter by far the best move you could pull would be to close the official forums - period. I'm guessing you probably won't, so good luck with that.
How is this remotely true?
Whether "Garrosh Readies his laser" flashes on screen or "Red laser shaped line" appears under you, is the same.

Caliane

Well, since he quit. He am pretty sure he won't.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Are dungeons still ridiculously difficult for pugs and overall just not worth it?
My experience was yes. I did both dungeons available at 20 with about 5 pug groups and each one twice with Guildmates. With Guildmates learning the mechanics over vent we beat each boss in 3 or less tries, some of them one shot. With every pug, even if half of the group claimed to know the fight, most of them took 5 tries or more. Half the time we would cycle out like 4 or 5 people throughout the dungeon.

I got more exp per hour questing (by about 6 times or so) and pvp queues (by about triple) then doing them with guildies learning it. With pugs, it wasn't even measurable. After the first run when we ran them again and had like one wipe in one dungeon and two wipes in the other it still wasn't worth it for exp per hour. They are still fun and I will probably do them at release if I can get guildmates to run them but I won't pug them. It's worse then getting people queueing Titan Hard Mode from FFXIV.

odekthal_sl

shitlord
from personal experience adventure xp >>>>> dungeon xp
if only for the fact that they can be completed with gold ranking in about 15 minutes (riot and wotw at least)

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Is there a plan for a Rerolled guild? I checked the first page and went back a few pages here, but don't see anything. I've only paid slight attention to this, but I'm thinking of giving it a shot.

Anyone have any "good to know" info? Any classes terrible or amazing? Is there a certain path that is an endgame boon? Stuff like that.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have any "good to know" info? Any classes terrible or amazing? Is there a certain path that is an endgame boon? Stuff like that.
Since this game, in my opinion, will most likely flop over the next months (because waiting ten years to release a casualized version of World of Warcraft won't start a new MMO trend), play the class you like rather than the OP / useful class around. If Wildstar won't be around for years, I'd advise you to emphasize on enjoying the launch month rather than wondering about classes balance. It's better to enjoy a weak class you like, than forcing yourself liking a powerful class you hate.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a plan for a Rerolled guild? I checked the first page and went back a few pages here, but don't see anything. I've only paid slight attention to this, but I'm thinking of giving it a shot.

Well, for now classes still need to be balanced, but it's more a matter of tweaking rather than redesigning, for example the Esper, which in my opinion needs to have a couple skills reworked as right now they are nonsensical. There is a well thought out thread on the official boards about it:Esper Endgame DPS Improvements - Esper - WildStar Forums

I'm still torn between the three healing classes because they are all quite fun for me, but medic has some annoying sound effects, esper has 2-3 skills that suck yet are important and should be used and spellslinger is scaling like crap at 50, plus the class special is a chore to use, or as someone better said, it sucks in its current implementation.
To be 100% honest I'll probably play Esper, I just wish they'd remove the self root on the class special and remove bolster from my dps rotation, that'd be a good start to improve the class and I don't really care about the supposed "lack of mobility" even if the class gets nothing to compensate for it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah that self root is fucking stupid in a game that makes you move constantly. At the very least there should be some way to remove it if you spec into healing.

Bad enough they have to channel some skills.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Since this game, in my opinion, will most likely flop over the next months (because waiting ten years to release a casualized version of World of Warcraft won't start a new MMO trend), play the class you like rather than the OP / useful class around. If Wildstar won't be around for years, I'd advise you to emphasize on enjoying the launch month rather than wondering about classes balance. It's better to enjoy a weak class you like, than forcing yourself liking a powerful class you hate.
Casualised?

Haha nope. When this fails, it's going to be because the end game design is straight out of early TBC: unpuggable heroics locking away instant death 40-mans.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Casualised?

Haha nope. When this fails, it's going to be because the end game design is straight out of early TBC: unpuggable heroics locking away instant death 40-mans.
I was talking about combat gameplay but I agree with your point too.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Casualised?

You may be 100% correct, but the vibe I got from the devspeak raid video was more... mocking than serious. I doubt it'll be so hard that 1% of the population will beat raids. I suspect they'll be quite accessible and not overtuned, except maybe the last few bosses. Blizzard used to have gating mobs that were hard and led to loot pinatas, which was cool and stuff, I wonder what Carbine has in mind in that regard.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it looks like Medic is what I will probably try based on the few previews I've seen so far. My favorite WoW toon was a shaman, as I typically like to heal in groups but still be able to dps when soloing. I really enjoyed Sorcerer in Tera - does the medic sound like a good fit? (Assuming someone has experience with the class)

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it looks like Medic is what I will probably try based on the few previews I've seen so far. My favorite WoW toon was a shaman, as I typically like to heal in groups but still be able to dps when soloing. I really enjoyed Sorcerer in Tera - does the medic sound like a good fit? (Assuming someone has experience with the class)
That sounds like a fair fit. Of the 3 healers, Medics are in the best shape to be able to DPS. They're a little lackluster in the healing department but still able to heal a competent group.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
For me, I think Medic depends on your social group. My personal experience was: PUGing a dungeon as a Medic sucked ass. Melee range healing is not very kind when everyone doesn't get that simple concept of "having to be near the healer".