Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
No? Obviously not, and I certainly don't think it's infallible by any stretch, it IS a small cross-section of the population.
But given the choice of A: This site and B: Nothing. I'll pick A for reliable info. If anyone else has anything beyond "I like the name Caretaker" I'd love to hear it. For instance, I know Voodoo is rolling on Pago, but that's pvp and they're going Exile, so who cares?

It's more like I'm interested in going somewhere that is actually successful, and you can set yourself up for success by identifying a decent server early. Draegan's complaints were partially misinformed so I pointed out why (IE: the notion of wild inaccuracy since people just fill this shit out willy nilly. I would tend to agree, if it wasn't for the fact that every bit of info from that site came from the last 12 hours and not the previous 6 months of retards signing up on a whim).
It's just that any dipshit with 5 minutes can sign up a guild. A guild that might not even exist, or a guild that breaks up after one week. Random guild leaders sign up their guild, with their server, they get all excited once the server list goes up. THen their group of friends decide to change tomorrow.

It's a decent data point, so don't get me wrong, but it should not be the leading factor in deciding on a server. I have no idea what the leading PVE guilds are these days since I havn't played WOW since WOTLK or Rift in 2 years. You're better off finding the servers those people are going to because they will have a following that will last longer than the first 2-3 weeks.

Also did you look at guild roster sizes? I mean you can have a guild of 5 people on that list.

I don't care what server is picked, or if it's PVE or PVP. But that site shouldn't be the deciding factor in choosing a server.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
This 3 AM start sucks balls. Feels like we're almost there, yet it's still 40 hours away and who knows how long I'll be able to stay awake at launch. Fucking MMOs man.....

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I fully expect launch day to be a cluster fuck anyways so waking up at normal time and just logging in seems better then waking up at 3am and getting sad when you can't play for two or three hours.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
See, I might go to bed and wake up and play. This way I can play while the wife and kid are asleep. Otherwise I wouldn't get on until Saturday night, which isn't a bad thing either.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Do the paths have any meaningful impact on end game or is it just a pick whatever sounds interesting to me sort of thing? I got into the beta but really didn't play much. Honestly I thought I was skipping this game entirely up until a day ago.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Paths are basically useless in the end game and they are on a separate exp bar so just grab what you think you will enjoy. Each raid will want 1 or 2 guys with the repair station but everything else is just random nifty stuff. I think it's biggest impact will be the flairs you can add to your mounts...

If you plan on leveling in zones through quests, you get a piece of blue gear that is zone level appropriate for finishing all of the objectives for your path in that zone.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If you want to pick a path that is based on end game usefullness and not actual gameplay/fun factor then you either pick Settler or Scientist. Settlers can summon a Mail Box, Vendor and Crafting Station. Vendor would be for repairs in raids. Scientists have a group summon (same continent only) and a group portal to the capitol city.

Settlers can make buff stations which are always interesting while you level but from my small sample of experience, are more of a pain in the ass to level.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I fully expect launch day to be a cluster fuck anyways so waking up at normal time and just logging in seems better then waking up at 3am and getting sad when you can't play for two or three hours.
I'm with you and don't like staying up anymore but after a couple games I get concerned about not being able to roll on the server you want so I'll give it an hour or so during the launc window. Character creation locks suck. Hell XIV still uses them every day. Haven't seen anything that says Wildstar would do this but I also don't see why not if they're trying to distribute population.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I'm going settler for sure, summoning vendors and mailboxes is pretty convenient.
I thought the same thing but in practice Ineverneeded them and after awhile collecting all that shit for settler buffs started to get annoying. If you enjoy it then go for it but I am leaning towards Soldier for the ease of leveling + Combat escape (reportedly good to have in dungeons) and Scientist for group teleport and teleport to cap city.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Scientists have a group summon (same continent only) and a group portal to the capitol city.
Fuck this choice. I did all that Soccer Mom porting in Aion/EQ2, etc. Done with that.

"You don't have to run over there. Just wait and Jack will run over there and port everyone."

107097-Lana-Archer-nope-gif-Imgur-30H1.gif

The only way this even seems remotely worth it for me is if they got special travel no one else could get, like mages in WoW.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't know much about Combat Escape. Might be useful while leveling to get out of a shitty tunnel area. Has anyone used it here?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Now I just have to decide if I want my Esper to be one of those fucking hamster things or not.

Any quick crafting advice? I typically hate crafting so usually go the gathering route, but always willing to suck it up if there's some huge benefit to raids from one of the professions.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know much about Combat Escape. Might be useful while leveling to get out of a shitty tunnel area. Has anyone used it here?
I've never leveled the Soldier path high enough to know but the description says
Bail Out! Situation getting a little too hot to handle? Use this to take you and your group to a safe area. Cannot be used in Battlegrounds or Warplots. 30 minutes 2.5s in PvE, 30.s in PvP
Safe area is probably a res point? There is also an OOC heal but that is worthless for a path ability as far as I am concerned. Also there is the high likelihood that a lot of people will roll Soldier path because "noob!" and ease of leveling.

I'll probably go Scientist.

Now I just have to decide if I want my Esper to be one of those fucking hamster things or not.

Any quick crafting advice? I typically hate crafting so usually go the gathering route, but always willing to suck it up if there's some huge benefit to raids from one of the professions.
From my >25 level experience crafted gear is typically better then any leveling gear you find. It costs money to level up a profession though. Not a huge amount I think but not insignificant either. I'm planning on leveling dual gathering professions starting off because in beta my craft was sitting on 15-20 gold while my dual gather was in the hundreds.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Explorers get a second customizable recall point it looks like:

rrr_img_68024.png
I guess an hour isn't bad considering everyone playing gets one free townie every 30 minutes.

Still, I miss the good old days of 30 minute instant travel porting to anywhere, or even unlimited porting for certain classes. I don't know why games don't stick that onto the classes people hate playing the most like tank or healer. You'd get a lot more people rolling them because of that alone.

Extra gold doesn't work putting more tanks into games to make queues go faster.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I was just looking at the Esper class, lots of changes from when I played a year ago. Looks like they almost have some kind of drain/damage based skills. Shame you can't tank with one. That would be interesting.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think that's a one off ability so when you recall, you then have to wait to reapply.
Likely true, which makes it a bit awkward, but free recalls for quest turn-ins seems good. Or recall to a raid location etc.

Safefall seems good if raid bosses do huge knockups too.

Just speculating of course.