Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Whats the state of warrior dps at the moment? I'm torn between Stalker and Warrior but there seems to be an overabundance of stalkers everywhere.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anybody else have a crazy amount of trouble when they enter the game and the load screen takes like literally 5 minutes?
I had a few times where I'd get to character select, pick my character, and then the load screen would literally not go away (30min plus waiting while doing some laundry). I had to kill the program, log in again (no queue though, which was nice), create a new character, then log out and go to my main.

It's happened a few times.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know if it changes later, but early on there's 2 clear problems with healers.

-The biggest problem is they all seem to have a mobile, spammable spell that heals *themselves* and others at the same time.

-The second biggest problem that I don't seem to see anyone talking about in regards to the issue is that THERE IS NO RESOURCE MANAGEMENT. I spam healed on my esper for 12 levels straight of BG's. I ran out of focus 1 time. ever. It was so shocking when it happened I didn't even realize what was going on haha.

I keep reading the issue gets better later on but for those of us leveling in pvp it sure is aggravating.
Actually there is resource management although half of it is not really visable unless you are doing adventures/raids/dungeons.

Each of the healers have a reasource of some type the esper and medic have actuators and psi points that have some powers that build them up and others that spend them. The spenders are your big heals or big DPS bombs. The spell slingers are a bit odd they turn on and off their special character power to that when active has 4 slots to empower the next ability used.

All of the healers also have a secondary reasource I believe is called focus. I never even noticed it in pvp or soloing because it regens fast enough for soloing and you die enough in pvp you rarely run out of it. But in dungeons its a big limiting factor because if you are not given time to let it regenerate once its out you cannot cast any heals and it regenerates somewhat slowly. In adventures if people are full sprinting from place to place it is very possible for the end boss fight you won't be able to heal at all or very sparingly.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I rarely die in pvp these days, and my focus is always bottomed out. I have 3 peices of focus regen gear and focus regen AMPS and one focus regen ability. It's almost better for your team if you take a death in PVP just to get your focus back.

Which is shit design.

If there were focus stim packs or food that were made readily available I'd have no qualms with it.

Caliane

Actually there is resource management although half of it is not really visable unless you are doing adventures/raids/dungeons.

Each of the healers have a reasource of some type the esper and medic have actuators and psi points that have some powers that build them up and others that spend them. The spenders are your big heals or big DPS bombs. The spell slingers are a bit odd they turn on and off their special character power to that when active has 4 slots to empower the next ability used.

All of the healers also have a secondary reasource I believe is called focus. I never even noticed it in pvp or soloing because it regens fast enough for soloing and you die enough in pvp you rarely run out of it. But in dungeons its a big limiting factor because if you are not given time to let it regenerate once its out you cannot cast any heals and it regenerates somewhat slowly. In adventures if people are full sprinting from place to place it is very possible for the end boss fight you won't be able to heal at all or very sparingly.
That was his point. he was talking about focus. Which is effectively mana for healers.

its tuned for raid bosses. NOT 30s-2min pvp fights. healers never run out of focus in pvp.
And as many have complained here. pve and pvp are at odds due to that. one is going to get busted by balance for the other.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Warrior is the top DPS right now, and it doesn't even seem close.
At max level they are not. They were second from all the tests in beta. Obviously skill can move you up or down. They actually tied with espers. Stalker was tops. Medic was 4th and spellslingers were last.

Vitality

HUSTLE
That was his point. he was talking about focus. Which is effectively mana for healers.

its tuned for raid bosses. NOT 30s-2min pvp fights. healers never run out of focus in pvp.
And as many have complained here. pve and pvp are at odds due to that. one is going to get busted by balance for the other.
I run out of focus in pvp, as stated in my above post. I run out of focus in dungeons, I run out of focus in adventures. I run out of focus in chain solo pulling at certain AE Farms for leather.

I have focus regen AMPS and abilities slotted, and focus regen gear. It simply can't keep up with the amount of focus usage required for the class to be viable in a healing situation.

At this rate, raids seem like a complete nightmare for medics to heal in for longer than 2 minutes.

Spoken from the viewpoint of a Medic.

Caliane

I run out of focus in pvp, as stated in my above post. I run out of focus in dungeons, I run out of focus in adventures. I run out of focus in chain solo pulling at certain AE Farms for leather.

I have focus regen AMPS and abilities slotted, and focus regen gear. It simply can't keep up with the amount of focus usage required for the class to be viable in a healing situation.

Unless you are Vitality, and never die in pvp.
biggrin.png

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider

At this rate, raids seem like a complete nightmare for medics to heal in for longer than 2 minutes.

Everything I read from beta seconded that, Medic's biggest issue (and weakness compared to the other healers) was focus regen.

Column_sl

shitlord
At max level they are not. They were second from all the tests in beta. Obviously skill can move you up or down. They actually tied with espers. Stalker was tops. Medic was 4th and spellslingers were last.
That doesn't correspond to anything I've seen in game ,or on streams. Just open any top Wildstar streamer , and you can see warriors are topping.

Hell, here is Kungens stream right now where they are doing a mini boss

rrr_img_68515.jpg
rrr_img_68516.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I see we have transitioned into class balance bitching. That's a plus IMO compared to what we usually bitch about in new MMO's.

I hope they fix the nameplate bug soon. I know they are aware of it and are trying to find the problem. Two MMO's in a row now that i've played where for some reason fucking nameplates are an issue.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Well warriors were the biggest whining babies on the forums during beta. It seems they over-buffed them in the latest class balance patch.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I see we have transitioned into class balance bitching. That's a plus IMO compared to what we usually bitch about in new MMO's.

I hope they fix the nameplate bug soon. I know they are aware of it and are trying to find the problem. Two MMO's in a row now that i've played where for some reason fucking nameplates are an issue.
Disable shadows and report back if you're still having the nameplate issue.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm curious to see how warriors do in the raids that require a lot of movement and not being able to do dps to the boss for stretches.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
That doesn't correspond to anything I've seen in game ,or on streams. Just open any top Wildstar streamer right now, and you can see warriors are topping.

Hell, here is Kungens stream right now where they are doing a mini boss

rrr_img_68515.jpg
rrr_img_68516.jpg
Those max level raids? Max gear? Optimum players? Gonna say probably not at this point, at least on the gear/levels. So you can't compare a class at this stage. Classes are balanced at the top of the heap, not while leveling.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord

What is the bug with nameplates? Haven't encountered it yet myself.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I'm completely hooked on this game. Absolutely loving it. Combat is awesome. The world is great. The quests are quick and easy with some really funny parts. Awesome game.