Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Vitality

HUSTLE
You buy credd with your credit card. It's an item in the game. You auction it for price.
And the sale price fluctuates based on demand/supply etc, works a lot like the GW2 Gems or whatever they're called.

I think you might be able to put a sell order/buy order up for a price you're willing to buy/sell at, not sure, I'll have a look tonight on the specifics.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone who plays this game is a simpleton. Just another WoW clone with shitty quest hub leveling, horrible arena style PVP aoe-fests, and shitty action combat worse than tera.

Come at me.
You can do better then that. I'm not seeing any creativity or effort in your post. You didn't happen to work on the Pantheon kickstater did you?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
And the sale price fluctuates based on demand/supply etc, works a lot like the GW2 Gems or whatever they're called.

I think you might be able to put a sell order/buy order up for a price you're willing to buy/sell at, not sure, I'll have a look tonight on the specifics.
Buy orders are a little different I believe, higher fees and only good for 48 hours for CREDD.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any thoughts on the paths? Settler is a fucking bother and a half.
Scientist is boring as fuck. But if you're somewhat of a min-maxer, it's the only path that I see as useful. An ability to summon your group, or teleport to the capital city aren't match by any of the other paths - in my opinion. Settler can summon a mailbox and a vendor, so it's probably second best, as far as abilities go.

You are an addict like most of us including myself. People need to start paying more attention to these threads and open betas. I myself am sick and tired of phasing because it just makes grouping a fucking pita. You literally need to be in sync quest for quest with someone to do the majority of it or you can't even see them. This was a huge frustration of mine in ESO also. You don't change the world with phasing, you segregate it.
This has been my absolute biggest pet peeve. The add mentoring into the game, which excites me because typically my wife (as a stay at home mom) gets to play more than me and usually outlevels me. However, when we can play together and she goes to mentor me -we can't see each other because she already completed the quests in the area and is in a different phase.

Talk about some absolute horseshit and very little foresight into how their advertised features would actually interact.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is the Soldier evac spell not at all functionally useful?
It saves from a wipe on a bad pull or something, but it's not like the death penalties in this game are extreme. Scientist and Settler just overall save you more time.

I'm interested in seeing how CREDD works out. I'm not ashamed to admit I've bought WoW gold before. I only have so much time to invest in a game, and I sure as fuck don't want to spend it just farming so I can actually enjoy it. I like the idea of legal but market driven gold buying option.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
This has been my absolute biggest pet peeve. The add mentoring into the game, which excites me because typically my wife (as a stay at home mom) gets to play more than me and usually outlevels me. However, when we can play together and she goes to mentor me -we can't see each other because she already completed the quests in the area and is in a different phase.

Talk about some absolute horseshit and very little foresight into how their advertised features would actually interact.
How do you know there was no foresight on the part of the developers when it comes to their design decision on how to implement phasing?

I've played 3 MMOs now that have phasing and all 3 of them ( WoW, TESO and Wildstar) all handle phasing the same exact way. Anyone who has completed the quest won't be able to see those who have not and vice versa. I'll go out on a limb and assert the reason phasing doesn't work how you want it to is because it is a technically complex task that would cost a lot of time and development resources to implement and push the schedule to the right. On top of that, for every player who dislikes phasing for the exact reason you listed, there are X number of players (and they know what value X is) that primarily solos the phased quests and likes the immersion they create.

When all is said and done, the smart design decision from a cost/benefit perspective is to design how phasing works exactly the same way as WoW did it.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
How do you know there was no foresight on the part of the developers when it comes to their design decision on how to implement phasing?
Because their systems specifically don't work with each other. It's a stupid design, whether they consciously made that decision, or just didn't think about it.

I've played 3 MMOs now that have phasing and all 3 of them ( WoW, TESO and Wildstar) all handle phasing the same exact way. Anyone who has completed the quest won't be able to see those who have not and vice versa. I'll go out on a limb and assert the reason phasing doesn't work how you want it to is because it is a technically complex task that would cost a lot of time and development resources to implement and push the schedule to the right.
I'm not sure if you're joking or not. They already have the technology for phasing. Hell, they even have the technology for groups to sync into the same phase. How fucking hard is it to just have the mentor be put into the same phase as mentoree?

On top of that, for every player who dislikes phasing for the exact reason you listed, there are X number of players (and they know what value X is) that primarily solos the phased quests and likes the immersion they create.
Not sure if you're stupid, or just not understanding what I'm saying. What I'm suggesting doesn't change their playstyle or preference for phasing whatsoever. It would just let me play with my wife using a system they've used as a selling point for the game.

I don't dislike phasing. I dislike that my wife,when scaling down in level specifically to play with me, is unable to do so because their systems conflict with each other. The entire point of the mentoring system is so higher level players can scale down to play with you without ruining the experience (by 1-shotting everything) or make it pointless (offering no experience because you're grouped with someone too high). However the mentor system is completely fucking pointless when she can't join my phase because she's higher level and already did that quest area.

When all is said and done, the smart design decision from a cost/benefit perspective is to design how phasing works exactly the same way as WoW did it.
Except WoW hasn't ever advertised a system specifically for friends who are further progressed than you to scale down to play with you. So why copy a design of a system that conflicts with your own indigenous systems?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Because their systems specifically don't work with each other. It's a stupid design, whether they consciously made that decision, or just didn't think about it.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not. They already have the technology for phasing. Hell, they even have the technology for groups to sync into the same phase. How fucking hard is it to just have the mentor be put into the same phase as mentoree?

Not sure if you're stupid, or just not understanding what I'm saying. What I'm suggesting doesn't change their playstyle or preference for phasing whatsoever. It would just let me play with my wife using a system they've used as a selling point for the game.

I don't dislike phasing. I dislike that my wife,when scaling down in level specifically to play with me, is unable to do so because their systems conflict with each other. The entire point of the mentoring system is so higher level players can scale down to play with you without ruining the experience (by 1-shotting everything) or make it pointless (offering no experience because you're grouped with someone too high). However the mentor system is completely fucking pointless when she can't join my phase because she's higher level and already did that quest area.

Except WoW hasn't ever advertised a system specifically for friends who are further progressed than you to scale down to play with you. So why copy a design of a system that conflicts with your own indigenous systems?
Not really certain if you are stupid or just not understanding what I was saying, but what part of too technologically complex to make it cost effective did you have a problem comprehending?

We have all kind of bozos on this forum who whine and complain about some aspect of MMOs not functioning how they want it to function and believe it would be incredibly simple for the developers to code the game to meet their desires. Ooh boy if it was only that simple Utnayan would be the greatest, most famous designer in the history of MMOs.

Your complaint about phasing has always been the #1 complaint about phasing. Do you seriously think the developers didn't think about that issue years ago? The fact the phasing system works just like it does in other MMOs should give you enough information (assuming you aren't stupid) to figure out why it doesn't work exactly like you want it to work.

BTW if you want to group with your wife, here is a simple solution: do an adventure or dungeon.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think you read my post, or even play WildStar if you think it's some huge technological leap that can't be accomplished (considering they use similar technology to sync groups to the same phase). I'm no programmer, but I cannot honestly believe or accept that they can't take your character backwards in phases as easily as they move you forward through them.

Regardless, the point is if they want to implement and advertise a mentoring system, then they should actually support it and not just shoehorn it into a game that's incompatible in some aspects. I don't know why you're defending a system that's obviously retarded.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I don't think you read my post, or even play WildStar if you think it's some huge technological leap that can't be accomplished (considering they use the technology to sync groups to the same phase).

The point is, if they want to implement and advertise a mentoring system, then they should actually support it and not just shoehorn it into a game that's incompatible.
Well I did read your post and I play Wildstar so time for you to come to the realization MMO design doesn't revolve around your wants and desires. If it was so simple to design and code what you wanted then phasing would have been designed and implemented exactly like you believe it should have been. Once again, the fact that it isn't should tell you something. Since you don't seem to be getting my point, your belief that it should be simple to implement isn't as simple a thing as you perceive it to be.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I did read your post and I play Wildstar so time for you to come to the realization MMO design doesn't revolve around your wants and desires. If it was so simple to design and code what you wanted then phasing would have been designed and implemented exactly like you believe it should have been. Once again, the fact that it isn't should tell you something. Since you don't seem to be getting my point, your belief that it should be simple to implement isn't as simple a thing as you perceive it to be.
This is such a fucking ridiculous conversation. I can't believe you're actually defending a broken system. It has nothing to do with my personal wants or desires, their system is just fucking stupidly broken for ANYONE who wants to level with a mentor in a phased quest area.

I don't give a fuck how 'hard' it is to implement.

That's not my fucking problem, it's theirs. Maybe they should have thought about that before they implemented a half-assed mentoring system.

Please remove your nose from Carbine's asshole and maybe you'll regain some of your sense.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The proper phrase is "Fuck phasing."

Yet another gimmick that WoW tested, and turns out, it's fucking pointless and gay.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The proper phrase is "Fuck phasing."

Yet another gimmick that WoW tested, and turns out, it's fucking pointless and gay.
Phasing has it's place. The majority of us don't want to go back to one raid boss per server and dungeons being camped. Phasing in the open questing world is annoying and a failed gimmick to breath life into questing. It's become a barrier to grouping with random people and a bigger frustration to group with actual friends if you aren't perfectly synced with each other.

misery_sl

shitlord
Phasing is like salt. A bit can round out a game perfectly, but if you add just a little too much, the whole dish is fucked.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Phasing has it's place.The majority of us don't want to go back to one raid boss per server and dungeons being camped.Phasing in the open questing world is annoying and a failed gimmick to breath life into questing. It's become a barrier to grouping with random people and a bigger frustration to group with actual friends if you aren't perfectly synced with each other.
You are confusing phasing with instancing. They are completely different technologies.

Del

Vyemm Raider
If you're in a different "phase" or whatever, can't you just hit the sync to group button to meet up with each other? It's always worked for me before. /shrug