Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Use strikethrough in t1 to unlock if you go for the crit aura. It helps shieldsurge do ancillary damage when it hits mobs plus you may be called on / elect to interrupt and you don't want that deflected if you can help it.
Just a note, CCs cannot be deflected

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Still no help from petitions initially made over two weeks ago - trade skills bugged and world story bugged at lvl 42. I'll be cancelling my account.

As an aside their latest bug - some people don't see loot rewards or get to roll on them from doing adventures.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Games buggy, no arguments here. Just check back in here for the content patch coming in about a week to see if it changes, that is if you have any desire to play left.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
So what part of the world story is bugged? The newest patch fixes most of them I've heard of for the world story. I had a few difficulties in mine, but I managed to figure out what options to enable to circumvent it...

Still no help from petitions initially made over two weeks ago - trade skills bugged and world story bugged at lvl 42. I'll be cancelling my account.

As an aside their latest bug - some people don't see loot rewards or get to roll on them from doing adventures.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I managed to complete every quest (aside from attunement) without much problem. Deathbringer Kala in Wilderrun gave me some issue for a day, but was working ok the next.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Yea I'm 43 (44?) and haven't run in to any road blocks other than kala for a day, just didn't want to immediately jump to defense.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Then again, I've seen dozens of people in chat complain about a bugged quest, when they just didn't read it properly. Example: One of the later Grimvault quests the dude states when you accept the quest 'you need to be at least partially infected in order to use the vents'. Well what do you know, let it get up to 50% and you can use the quest object. But nope, everyone is fucking bandwagon complaining in general chat about how they can't progress blah blah blah. Lol.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its the players and the developers fault that quests are sometimes hard to figure out. A player should take more time to read shit, but thats not going to happen. A developer should take the time to put simple touches in such as flashing the Corruption bar when you click the quest for a "hint" of what to do. Players need to have their hand held at times, and this game isnt very affectionate.

Carl_sl

shitlord
The corruption bar should probably be in a different spot by default. My eyes are never at the top right corner of my screen, especially when I'm fighting something in the center of the screen. The problem arises so infrequently that I never bother to move it so it just keeps happening.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just learned all of your characters on the same faction are automatically added as neighbors once they have a house. That's becoming a really nice way of having a whole lot of plugs at my disposal. Now if only there was a shared bank so I could transfer items easier...

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I just learned all of your characters on the same faction are automatically added as neighbors once they have a house. That's becoming a really nice way of having a whole lot of plugs at my disposal. Now if only there was a shared bank so I could transfer items easier...
This... Expands dong...

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Honestly, I don't get why MMO developers aren't leaning more towards "account-wide" features such as this. Personal housing, banking, the list goes on.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow the teleport miners. I must report 5 a night. People need to put security on their accounts.

Velsu_sl

shitlord
Yeah there are lots of teleport miners, speedhackers in battlegrounds and other ugly stuff.

I wonder if they can even deal with it somehow or things will stay like that and game will slowly perish?

blank_sl

shitlord
There's a reason developers keep pushing garbage out the gates, and that reason is people like YOU who buy these shit games. Do some soul searching and stop being apart of the problem next time, if anyone of you can even pinch together two beans in those inflated aspy balloons you call heads.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So what are engineers doing at 50 as far as builds go for dps? My build right now at 35 is this:

Engineer Builder - WS-Base

But I am looking at the T8 abilities and they look pretty lackluster, nothing that jumps out like a couple of the T4s did. I was thinking of maybe going for Zap T4 but when looking around at builds I haven't seen anyone use that at all.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I have been all over the place but I have yet to do a vet PVE instance, I pretty much only PVP. Since I am doing group PVP with my guild my build is pretty much every CC we have (blind, snare, stun etc) and electrocute.

I agree on the T8's. They seem like shit and half the T4's are broken. What I have been doing for group PVP -Engineer Builder - WS-BaseI am obviously short on some of these so only T4 on Unstable Anomoly.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
So what are engineers doing at 50 as far as builds go for dps? My build right now at 35 is this:

Engineer Builder - WS-Base

But I am looking at the T8 abilities and they look pretty lackluster, nothing that jumps out like a couple of the T4s did. I was thinking of maybe going for Zap T4 but when looking around at builds I haven't seen anyone use that at all.
If you do some parses you'll see by far the majority of Eng DPS comes from your Vol spenders. A lot of folks are using Electrocute. Bolt Caster is superior, particularly for single target, which is a large part of end game. After spenders your artillery bot does great dps and benefits most from additional points.

You want to be using T8 Electrocute or BC. T7 or T8 into Artillery Bot. T4 Zap for an I2 interrupt. Volatile Injection and Quick Burst will always be on your bar no matter what build you use. VI is an option to put spare points into but QB stays at T0

Personally I use :

Always on my bar : Volatile Injection, Quick Burst, Artillery Bot, Zap

Second Bot : Bruiser (solo) or Diminisher (not solo)

Spender : Bolt Caster (single tgt), Electrocute (multiple tgt)

Optional builder : I still like T4 BS even though I try not to use it

This addon is great :SassyBuilds - Action Bars - WildStar Addons - Curse

It allows you to switch between builds. You can set up as many builds as you like and it will swap your abilities in and out. I have a half dozen set up on it. As somebody posted in the comments you can even use the following command in a macro to swap : /eval Apollo.GetAddon("SassyBuilds"):ActivateBuild("buil d name")

AP >> all for Eng so prioritize Finesse.

Your primary objective is to maximize the uptime on your spenders by optimizing Volatility gain.

Make sure you are using the Amp 'Reckless Dash' as well as 'Volatility Rising' and get a pair of boots with 'Dasher' on them. Player made boots can have one of four specials - Dasher being one of them. Once you've done this with practise you don't need any builders. Double roll straight into your finisher. Saying that you're at the mercy of lag so most folk keep up a builder, either a T0 Pulse Blast or a T4 Bio Shell. Last option isn't bad so you double roll straight into a T4 Bio Shell, pop Volatile Injection and/or innate and on into your DPS which is as simple as spamming your spender and hitting QB when it pops.

This guy is on the ball :In the Zone: A DPS Engineer Guide - Engineer - WildStar Forums

Open to correction but I believe he is in the guild doing world firsts and is their top DPS. This is his gear/stats :

rrr_img_69733.jpg