Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wildstar doesn't worry me with content density and availability. What worries me about the game is another game where I spend 100 hours on the quest treadmill to end game where I end up with either dungeon or raid grinding.

I can dismiss the boredom of a quest hub game if the classes are fun, but for me, they appear to be very bland. Yay I'm in space and I currently have two different mages, a warrior and a rogue to pick from. Yawn.

Hopefully the combat is entertaining enough to keep me interested long enough. The game seems to be worth the price of a box, but I don't know how long it can keep a person interested.
I agree with you about classes blandness, and having only 8 skills to choose feels quite limited, gameplay wise. I'm eager to see how that will compute comes lvl 50, especially warplots and PvP.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There was a time I was looking forward to Wednesday. Another one without any info.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've actually been getting the sense that EQNext has really stole a lot of the momentum of this game. Wildstar might be a really fun game and worth the box price, but people see one yellow ! or ? and they instantly go meh. If EQnext delivers something really good at the unveil, Wildstar might be dead in the water depending on the release date of EQnext.

Goldenmean_sl

shitlord
EQNext hasn't shown any of its cards yet, so any momentum stealing has been entirely due to people getting their hopes up. They've said "*mumble* sandbox *mumble*" and everyone has been desperately fantasizing about what that might mean. I'd be surprised if the EQNext reveal didn't end up disappointing many of them due to mismanaged expectations.

I hope EQNext is good also, but I'm not about to start investing any emotion into it until I actually see it. Until then, Wildstar is a mostly known "More of the same" quantity.

Really though, even if EQNext is the second coming of sandbox style MMOs, it still seems to be targeting a very different market than Wildstar. Lots of the more casual side of the MMO space is going to prefer SpaceWoW to "Falling out of Kelethin version 3.0"

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'll start following EQNext when there actually something to follow. I hope it's good but until they unveil it's 100% speculation.

This might not end up being the next coming, but I have pretty good idea what to expect.
smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've actually been getting the sense that EQNext has really stole a lot of the momentum of this game. Wildstar might be a really fun game and worth the box price, but people see one yellow ! or ? and they instantly go meh. If EQnext delivers something really good at the unveil, Wildstar might be dead in the water depending on the release date of EQnext.
Nah, they just lost steam because they haven't really released any information. EQN is nothing right now since there is nothing out there about it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EQN is going to to curb stomp these games... Unless you're really just looking for a WoW clone there is nothing this game will offer. just my opinion..

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
EQN is going to to curb stomp these games... Unless you're really just looking for a WoW close there is nothing this game will offer. just my opinion..
You hope so or you know so? I haven't seen any info about EQN yet.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Obviously he hopes, there are no facts about EQN, and it is going to face alot of backlash in one month from all those people that build it up to be their wish game, without any hard evidence of it being even in the same genre.

Keep in mind Wildstar hasnt revealed their payment plans. Just imagine it being a F2P model, well done with monetization in account features, convenience, housing and cosmetics. That's what WoW offers right there without a $15/month tag.

Finally, even though WoW++ is uninteresting for many here, there are millions of current and ex-WoW players for whom it is interesting, and if they grab their share of those plus some new blood they get their million+ players. Many people might say otherwise but they might want a well-done WoW+, myself included. There just hasnt been a well-done WoW+ so far, only mediocre or worse cash grabs.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There just hasnt been a well-done WoW+ so far, only mediocre or worse cash grabs.
That's essentially it, every WoW clone has been worse than WoW. And that's the part that sucks, I've enjoyed WoW, and liked some of its clone like Rift and SWTOR enough to level 3 characters in each to the cap. My hope for this game is that they actually make a better a WoW clone that is better than WoW.

If they do that, and have enough end content to keep me busy, I'll be happy. And what makes me so hopeful is that they seem to say all the right things...good PR or genuine, I don't know...only time will tell.

I just want a damn MMO that last me more than just a few months.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Really people? Talking about a game nobody knows anything about and how it's going to destroy every game as we know it because Smed says so? A game that's supposed to be released in a few months, but they haven't even shown screenshots?

Please remove Smed's penis from throat

Really people? Talking about a game nobody knows anything about and how it's going to destroy every game as we know it because Smed says so? A game that's supposed to be released in a few months, but they haven't even shown screenshots?

EQN is not coming out this year they be lucky to get it out by dec 2014 which is assume is the target date.
Smed has more Spin then the Minister of Information below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

Cheers mates.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Plenty of info out.. just need to know where to look..I'll go out on a limb and say EQN will release before Dec 2014..

Itzena_sl

shitlord
So after all the bullshit from the dev about how CASUALS RUINED GAMING this turns out to be yet another mediocre MMORPG which will implode a month after launch?

Oh what a shock.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So after all the bullshit from the dev about how CASUALS RUINED GAMING this turns out to be yet another mediocre MMORPG which will implode a month after launch?

Oh what a shock.
Wait, what? Are you reading infoz I haven't seen, or just basing this statement on this thread? Im probably gonna steer clear of Wildstar based on the combat system alone (personal preference), but it certainly doesn't look all that 'mediocre' to me. Production value looks quite high actually, and there are some decently innovative systems in place from what I've read.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's the Itzena non-wow troll post. No need to respond to him. It's nothing new, he's been doing it for years.
Look... We all get it. I think you have a bud on the dev team right? We all know what that means.

So without doing anything "wrong" I will explain it this way. They have some great ideas. Like most concepts, they are great on paper. The reality is, when put into action, the result will most likely be less than exciting. On a positive spin though, they seem to have a lot of fun ideas. The key will be to keep implementing these new ideas until the result is really fun to play.

The negative spin is Itzena's exact quote. I wish them well. We aren't dumb though.