and

Beta Key for U.S. Servers:
8Q3K-DZ3F-K6Y4-CVG6-2VV4
Beta Key for European Servers:
P4YG-ANBZ-VYQU-J89H-S27C
Used bold (first I tried). Thanks.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
So is the engine improved on this yet? I had severe performance issues for the entire closed beta.
I had no problems this weekend.

However, if you have SLI, make sure you disable it. It's not currently supported and causes some graphical glitches when enabled.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
US Keys:

9FWR-G47D-RV8Z-NNBX-RS8H
6KZ7-K6W5-MNSY-PRBV-SRLA

Euro Keys:

PM3U-7TLT-QY5C-BZVW-ACD6
MP7C-M2EN-HHQL-V8WW-TQWU

Devnull_sl

shitlord
So is the engine improved on this yet? I had severe performance issues for the entire closed beta.
Yeah, it's much better on a single 660ti at least. I went from chugging at 10-30fps in towns to a pretty solid 60-70fps all the time on high settings. If you have config files from a previous version you should delete them though. %APPDATA%\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I had no problems this weekend.

However, if you have SLI, make sure you disable it. It's not currently supported and causes some graphical glitches when enabled.
Shit. This is probably one of the things I was having. Twin 770s and I always keep that on for other games. Thanks for this, I'll have to disable it.

Now where is the feature to disable me from going through another boring starting zone... again...in this game just to try out a different class?

I've tried 2 so far but want to do warrior rockdude next, but I'm all out of starting zones to languish in. God I wish this game didn't start out wanting to make me rip my eyeballs from their sockets.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The consensus I have heard about espers were that the class doesn't really feel right until 30-35ish, but after that point they are strong and the movement issues are mostly gone.
The classes are head scratchingly unbalanced in terms of how they progress. If you want a good newbie experience, try stalker - they pretty much explode out the gates at level 2.

Medic is also decent start, warrior is still pretty terrible at 15, engineer is terrible to start with and becomes great ~15, haven't tried any of the others really. Spellslinger was so horrible at the start I couldn't continue ;p

For a quick path review :
Solider - the experimental weapons trials are almost always really useful, weapon crates suck, and all the other activities are relatively painless. Probably a good one if you want to progress without sinking too much time into it. Skills are not usable anywhere they are useful, so are pretty much trash.

Settler - the buff machines they build are fantastic. They add enormous utility by building taxis and shit everywhere as well. Gameplay is terrible though, it's like a never ending pickup items quest. Finishing zones will take a decent chunk of extra effort over levelling, but at least you are making other people happy right ? ;p Skills include summoning 1hour buff items and vending machines. No complaints there.

Scientist - if you are OCD this path will quite possibly kill you. Scan everything everywhere endlessly. They get to open some locked areas and do various interesting stuff with computers, like hacking enemy turrets and making them fight for you. At least you can have the scanbot scan stuff for you while you are running around. Never came close to finishing any zone after the first one, this one is a brutal timesink. Can summon group members to them, which is likely to be very useful, but has a retardedly long cooldown.

Explorer - this one is straightforward - if you like climbing on top of things and jumping puzzles, why not get rewarded for it ? It has the hardest missions, at least for me, I failed a few of the jump puzzles etc more than once. They seem to get the most hidden areas to themselves, which makes sense. They also get turbo speed boost flags all over the place - group members can follow you through them for the speed boost. Amusingly the flag effects stack until you are travelling at warp speed, which is a good way to die from falling damage ;p Speaking of which, their skills are shit - 15% less falling damage ? As an *activated* ability ? With a short duration and ludicrous cooldown ? Riiiiiight.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Engineer start is fine as long as you treat it like you would a Paladin tank in WoW. Group up and AoE everything using the Brusier bot for interrupt/stun and electrocute to finish groups off. My medic was killing maybe half as fast as my engineer at the same level. Stalker OWNS anything 1v1 or 1v2 in some cases but I'm not certain if it killed faster then my engineer if there were a lot of mobs around since I could grab 5 or more every pull and and kill them all in one go. I'd often chain pull my way through entire caves just occasionally hitting v never bothering to care how many I grabbed.

Noahx

N00b
I ran Stalker to 24 over the past few weekends. Originally I really didn't like the game but without much else to do, I kept plowing through. Eventually small little things won me over. Here are a few things I feel changed my perspective.

The stat system: You can tweek your stats with gear to hit different bonus levels for "more stats". 147 Brutality is great but 150 gets you an addition +blah blah to damage. Makes for a fun puzzle with gear at times.

General exploration: If you want to grind from ? to ? quests, feel free, but you are missing out on all sorts of interesting gems. Explore a little... find yourself in the middle of the sea on an ice berg, in an impossible to reach location unless you are clever... a box with decent gear is there waiting for you. Not many dev teams put time into doing this.

Harvesting/Crafting: Ya, its pretty much the same but sometimes this shit fights back or takes you into a rabbit hole of bonus loot... this isn't huge but it shows unique-ness.

Dungeons Fights: Welcome back to wiping and learning shit. You and your team won't just steam roll through first, second or third time. You will wipe. You will also learn from every wipe. I spent 2 hours in a PUG figuring out the first dungeon together. We wiped probably 10+ times, if not more. But each wipe on a fight we saw progress, tweaked things/skills, and got closer... when we beat the boss - shit felt good.

"Tough" mobs in the world: You will be off killing typical "boars" and mixed in the population are a few with different names or an aura. These are strong mobs that have x2-x4 hps/dmg... great to do with a duo... or you can give it a go by yourself if you are skillful enough. I found myself challenging the 2group content solo, often dying to then try again in a different spec or strat to win. Even 3man stuff with two people was fun to do. One instance I killed one of these special mobs and a quest mob popped out of its stomach to award me for rescuing them - pretty cool.

Challenges: These random events pop up and give you a chance at loot... Run to the top of a mount in 30 seconds, kill X mount of a certain mob in 3 mins, loot as many beers possible in 60 seconds... all giving you better chance at decent rewards as you perform better. This was a decent distraction from boring questing. Even better, if you got "bronze level" and didn't hit the loot slot machine like you wanted, give it another go when the cooldown is up and beat your last try (silver or gold) and hope for that rare piece of loot with better odds.

So those are just a few things I felt turned the tides for me. There are still things that are pretty poor or mundane...general questing being one of them but i'm probably going to avoid all but the main line or decent loot quests because there are better things to do (challenges, pvp, dungeons, or just general exploration/killing).

PVP/Warplots and Raids - jury is still out for me here. Mix feelings about the pvp and raids I don't have much xp with yet.

Yes, it's one of those game that takes a bit to warm up... and even more importantly is playing a class that you enjoy general adventuring with. Pick the wrong one, you can be pretty disappointed... luckily, there is only 6 and various starting zones to make it a little easier to trying things out.

I hope any of you find some shred of fun in the game like I have. I know how it feels to be "wanting" in the MMO space. Its nice to have something to look forward to again within the MMO space.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pretty much figured out this game isn't for me last weekend and they sent me another key for this weekend.

US key: CG7M-WJU2-ACUP-4QF5-GWGT

Euro Key: RTUU-DQK5-6RSX-9LNV-TYMJ

odekthal_sl

shitlord
Speaking of which, their skills are shit - 15% less falling damage ? As an *activated* ability ? With a short duration and ludicrous cooldown ? Riiiiiight.
did they change safe fall? it used to be -15/30/45% fall damage lasting until cancelled and could be put on all party members, the 1 minute cooldown always sucked tho
anyway why would any explorer use anything but safe fall which prevents ALL fall damage
tongue.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keys, enjoy:

Beta Key for U.S. Servers:
8PE8-TEAX-JD2E-MUH3-PE4Z

Beta Key for European Servers:
P4J6-JV99-5HGH-66TV-VT66

iannis

Musty Nester
did they change safe fall? it used to be -15/30/45% fall damage lasting until cancelled and could be put on all party members, the 1 minute cooldown always sucked tho
anyway why would any explorer use anything but safe fall which prevents ALL fall damage
tongue.png
Yeah. They constantly changed the path abilities. And very few of the iterations were interesting.

Scientist and Settler are probably going to get the only good ones. Create a portal to your hometown on a 30m recharge timer and create a temporary vend/repair bot on a 30m recharge. Soldiers get to like... summon food every 30 minutes and teleport the group to somewhere that will probably crash the game. Explorers get a beacon teleport, but the restrictions on it tend to make it useless except for maybe 1 specific puzzle that I never encoutered where you have to push a button behind a locked door.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Engineer start is fine as long as you treat it like you would a Paladin tank in WoW. Group up and AoE everything using the Brusier bot for interrupt/stun and electrocute to finish groups off. My medic was killing maybe half as fast as my engineer at the same level. Stalker OWNS anything 1v1 or 1v2 in some cases but I'm not certain if it killed faster then my engineer if there were a lot of mobs around since I could grab 5 or more every pull and and kill them all in one go. I'd often chain pull my way through entire caves just occasionally hitting v never bothering to care how many I grabbed.
One thing to note about low level engineers I was doinking around a bit this last weekend with a level 10 engineer in pvp. I went from 10 -13 doing pvp and wound up with top damage or second place for most damage done every match. No clue how that holds up over time but even prior to 15 they seem very competent damage wise. I could not test the tanking stuff as I was just starting to get a couple of the tanking type abilities.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Yeah, Engineers just rip stuff up, doesn't even matter if you spec tank or dps... things die. Medic is pretty savage too.
Esper.. I fell asleep on at 5, then that's when I rolled the Medic.