Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

odekthal_sl

shitlord
Warriors are fine DPS wise but need gear (like in so many other games) to really start shining. Biggest gripe anyone might have with the class is it's very limited kit of feasable damaging abilities - for PVE you essentially spam 3 (4 if counting the innate) abilities over and over again. Apart from that they probably offer the most group/raid utility and they can field the most Interrupt Armor removal without significantly sacrificing DPS (own or groups).

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I apologize for the lack of information on the subject . Looking back, I probably should have given Flipmode a whole bunch more information to go with when he edited the OP but here goes:

A decent chunk of us on Rerolled played FF:ARR together. We were the 4th group worldwide to beat turn 4 (read: we were pretty good at the game). When it was obvious that the majority of the content in ARR had been exhausted we started talking about the only other upcoming game that seemed to have some hard PVE content in it: Wildstar. Based on this, I've kept in contact with everyone through PMs and we pretty much agreed that we'd make a guild for Wildstar and attempt to tackle the 40 man raids (I'm looking at you Cinge, Sutekh, & Syia for example!).

Obviously when you're hoping to have a group capable of 40 man raiding the biggest hurdle is finding 39 other people that aren't total idiots. I've run a fairly successful guild in Aion & Rift and managed to get a decent sized number of players from outside Rerolled that were interested in playing but even with the Rerolled group we were still below the 60ish person roster it'll take for a solid 40 man raid group. When I saw that no one was planning on making a more official Rerolled guild, I figured I'd step up and invite the people here looking for a group to play with, which makes sense since we already had a fairly good chunk of posters from here interested.

In terms of having a standard recruitment page, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Rather then copy & paste as that would make an even bigger wall of text, I invite you to read the standard guild pitch found at:http://www.sinfilledafterlife.com/fo....php?f=4&t=268&http://www.sinfilledafterlife.com/fo....php?f=4&t=197I think you'll find it up to par. N.B.: Any Rerolled poster can skip passed the application part since we won't be requiring that until post launch.

In terms of an official raid schedule, that's a tough one to say at this time. It's going to depend on how many players are interested in raiding. I figured we'd determine that based on some voting when everyone is set up & starting to gear up towards raiding. It's a safe bet it'll be at least 3 nights a week with a maximum of 5.
BRO I DONT KNOW.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
First I had myself talked into playing this even though I wasn't too impressed by the beta. Then I went to preorder and backed out because I've been down this road too many times (fuck you Bioware.) Today I'm sitting at work reading these inspirational posts about good times with good people in a guild having fun in a new MMO. I just fucking preordered see you fags Saturday afternoon =)

P.S. I hope we are on Eastern times.

iannis

Musty Nester
The best thing about warriors is that they were intended to be completely fluid I think. I say I think because the beta servers were so fucking awful. It wasn't even latency it was the server itself constantly shitting the bed.

A lot of mobility. Stalkers have a harder time moving and derpsing. But holy GOD are they boring. It really is 3 buttons, that's not an exaggeration.

If they've fixed their servers then warriors should be a lot better. I doubt they're any more fun, though.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Drakken too, that's what I made on my Warrior. Maybe humans also, not sure.

Classes haven't changed much since a while ago, I mean they made many small changes and some mechanical changes and rebalancing areas into other areas(like stalkers from burst into sustained DPS) but overall it's still the same fairly boring classes. Pretty sure I won't bother with the game at this point, the shit I dislike outweights the shit I like plus the whole finding the right guild and shit, meh.
Chua is the only race that can't be a Warrior. I was actually commenting on which races are the coolest.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I mean, is this game worth looking at? In the CBT it was pretty ass.
I'm 30/70 on it being worth it. 30% being worth it. Depends how bored I am this weekend.

I've played most classes up through 15-20 in some build or another in the last year or two. Stalker was the most fun because their class mechanic is actually fun to use (not a 1-2m cooldown). The Esper was a close second. Engineers are really cool but it seems like everyone is playing them and they felt bland to me. Essentially just using your start ability just killed everything. But then I only played them when they were first released to beta and never played them with tweaks.

Medic just felt really slow and clunky. Didn't enjoy it personally.

Spellslinger felt boring and pretty simple to play.

Warrior never played past level 3. Boring.

I haven't played the game in 5 months so everything is probably different to some degree or another.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Useful links for choosing classes :

Which WildStar Class is Right For You? - IGN

Character Creation - Wildstar Wiki

Build tool (site also has semi useful build dB ) :

WildStar Build Guides :: WildStar Builder by WS-Base

Class Poll result (from first link) :

rrr_img_67837.png

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
First I had myself talked into playing this even though I wasn't too impressed by the beta. Then I went to preorder and backed out because I've been down this road too many times (fuck you Bioware.) Today I'm sitting at work reading these inspirational posts about good times with good people in a guild having fun in a new MMO. I just fucking preordered see you fags Saturday afternoon =)

P.S. I hope we are on Eastern times.
I just did the same thing. Didn't last in ARR but maybe this will be different.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm 30/70 on it being worth it. 30% being worth it. Depends how bored I am this weekend.

I've played most classes up through 15-20 in some build or another in the last year or two. Stalker was the most fun because their class mechanic is actually fun to use (not a 1-2m cooldown). The Esper was a close second. Engineers are really cool but it seems like everyone is playing them and they felt bland to me. Essentially just using your start ability just killed everything. But then I only played them when they were first released to beta and never played them with tweaks.

Medic just felt really slow and clunky. Didn't enjoy it personally.

Spellslinger felt boring and pretty simple to play.

Warrior never played past level 3. Boring.

I haven't played the game in 5 months so everything is probably different to some degree or another.
I found the trick to engi's is just timing your stuns to get your +opp damage in (if you pay even a little bit of attention you can boost your damage significantly) and a really small amount of pet ability management (if you feel like it).

Esper and Engi felt like variants on a single class to me with engi more active, esper more passive. But it's basically the exact same idea. With esper you just self heal, dodge, and soak while your blades/points spinup. With engi you stun and pet.

They both get the thumbs up from me. I just wish that they had an AA or a weapon that turned your electric zot beam into a flamethrower. Because shit needs to go on fire in the future. For science.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah ARR I jumped ship when we ended up with like 10 warriors in ISIS and didn't feel like rerolling jobs, I've got like half a dozen people that are in reasonably good wow guilds that would probably join on whatever server, I just don't really want to do anything more than 3 MAYBE 4 nights a week. I cut myself off from the 5 night bullshit in wow during Dragon Soul and it has had noticeable impacts on my life in positive ways. But, I still hate playing with trashcan garbage players :/ So if we can get something decent going I can probably bring several. They seem interested, on mumble right now. Mostly a question of days (I know people don't wanna go that hard. frankly, if I wanted to go 5 nights I'd go join Voodoo or somewhere and get world firsts all that bullshit).

I would say, should try very hard to see what servers other guilds are declaring on within the last day or two when they announce the servers - Being on a live server vs a dead one is going to make SUCH a difference in recruitment and economy.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I can do 5 days a week for maybe 2-3 weeks and that's for a specific reason(IE difficult check(dps, gear etc) boss that needs beaten asap) but I have pretty much given on up that(5 day schedule) for any kind of long term.

I must be one odd bean, all these post about people not liking medic and it always low on polls, but I loved it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Warriors are least unique class. Very much classic warrior from every other MMO. You might hate that, you might love that.

They're going to be the 'FUCK THIS GUY' class. By which I mean people are going to see 'that warrior' coming at them in BG and just run, even with their friends. He may not necessarily be a oneshot class like stalker can be, but he'll be annoying enough to fuck your crew up with CC and utility shit while not dying. They get some pretty good amps for PVE stuff too. Can be good with waiting for your buff-stars to align and then kapow.

I personally didn't tank with one, but it looked like we had plenty of tools. I haven't looked at the very latest incarnation of our tanking amps, but they were okay not super. Like we had one that gave us +50% healing when under 30% hp. Except as soon as you hit 31% hp it faded. Not so great.

Taxt_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I can do 5 days a week for maybe 2-3 weeks and that's for a specific reason(IE difficult check(dps, gear etc) boss that needs beaten asap) but I have pretty much given on up that(5 day schedule) for any kind of long term.

I must be one odd bean, all these post about people not liking medic and it always low on polls, but I loved it.
If the google docs list is any indication you're not an odd bean, as there is massive amounts of medics. Seems people are eating up the warrior hate though, which makes me an odd bean.

On the whole over the years SFA has had the philosophy that we strive to accomplish what most guilds do in 5 nights week, while only raiding 3. With new content we often added a 4th, or after awhile have an optional 4th night on the weekend for old content. We have every intention of going very hard at Wildstar however, so I guess a finalized schedule will really come down the vote of the masses. But honestly, most of us ended up with SFA due to the fact we wanted to play with great players and kills bosses at a competitive rate, but didn't want to raid 30 hours a week for 6 nights.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always found it funny when watching run around in circles when fighting a mob, its as if they think they are avoiding damage. I felt like screaming at them...you can't avoid normal attacks! Normal attacks are hitscan, they either hit or miss, regardless of your position relative to the mob at the time it attacks.

I wish Carbine had went more with the futuristic sci-fi armor designs. All the raid gear looks like it belongs in a fantasy setting, rather than a "sci-fi / space based mmo".

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
THis game has to have the worst "deluxe edition" ever. What is supposed to entice me to spend an extra $15?
Free mount, a title and an ugly costume!

Btw, I can't stand playing as a warrior. Never got one past lvl3 I think. The chunky animation for its builder attack just ruins the whole experience.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I always found it funny when watching run around in circles when fighting a mob, its as if they think they are avoiding damage. I felt like screaming at them...you can't avoid normal attacks! Normal attacks are hitscan, they either hit or miss, regardless of your position relative to the mob at the time it attacks.

I wish Carbine had went more with the futuristic sci-fi armor designs. All the raid gear looks like it belongs in a fantasy setting, rather than a "sci-fi / space based mmo".
Uhhh... Engineer raid armor looks rad as hell.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just chalk that up to their horrible tutorial/newbie experience. They spend an inordinate amount of time telling you shit you already know (i.e. WASD is to move) and very little time explaining the nuances of their game.

The raid gear as a whole, looks really dull and uninspired... almost like they're unfinished in someways. If a pillar of your core game is going to emphasize raiding, I'd expect the gear rewards to look amazing. Some of the artifact weapons, on the other hand, look pretty cool though.