Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yes, Sin Filled Afterlife. Voldeth, Cinge, and a couple others (Pajac maybe?) are officers and can invite.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Wait, so storm talon actually sucks as far as progression? Well maybe not sucks but is behind servers with guilds that have cleared multiple bosses. Must be if voldeth is first to attune. Or am I reading that wrong.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
More like anyone that is raiding already is beyond hardcore. IE the people that were raiding in beta and knew how to silver all the dugneons going into launch.

Goonsquad Officer
I've got me and two real life friends looking for a guild. is the RR guild still taking folks? we're still in the 20's.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Wait, so storm talon actually sucks as far as progression? Well maybe not sucks but is behind servers with guilds that have cleared multiple bosses. Must be if voldeth is first to attune. Or am I reading that wrong.
Depends on the server. Pergo and some of the PVP servers have guilds that were clearing raid content during Beta. Stormtalon is the largest PVE server but doesn't have any such guild like that - we were the first to complete attunement.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I think Swordmaiden may be my least favorite dungeon in my entire MMO history. It's stupid easy, and the entire challenge is climbing walls, avoiding trash, and not getting gayed by the optionals. Having ran a number of people through it for silver it makes me question their entire design philosophy.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, any word on what they're going to do about the insane amount of bots running around atm?
Yeah, it is unreal. Good luck getting any farming, mining or wood resource past T3 unless you are buying it off the broker. I can't believe it is this bad; there is a serious loophole somewhere that needs to get shut down. Even reporting them is hard because they port so fast you can barely see the damn name, heh.

Since it is mainly all hacked accounts, I guess a start would be forcing everyone to use an authenticator and then start banning bots from there. That would probably cause no small amount of rage, however. I just wonder if it is a relative handful of guys handling all these bots, or if there really are hundreds and hundreds of people just hacking the shit out of it.

I guess you could also get some volunteer guides or something to just hang around in these zones - there aren't that many zones, really - and zap 'em as they see 'em. Round them up and port them to like a jail or something (I seem to remember EQ having something like this) until someone with real power came down to sort out the bad guys. Of course you would get some abuse there, but I bet you would have a legion of rabid fanboys ready to do this service for the community.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it is unreal. Good luck getting any farming, mining or wood resource past T3 unless you are buying it off the broker. I can't believe it is this bad; there is a serious loophole somewhere that needs to get shut down. Even reporting them is hard because they port so fast you can barely see the damn name, heh.

Since it is mainly all hacked accounts, I guess a start would be forcing everyone to use an authenticator and then start banning bots from there. That would probably cause no small amount of rage, however. I just wonder if it is a relative handful of guys handling all these bots, or if there really are hundreds and hundreds of people just hacking the shit out of it.

I guess you could also get some volunteer guides or something to just hang around in these zones - there aren't that many zones, really - and zap 'em as they see 'em. Round them up and port them to like a jail or something (I seem to remember EQ having something like this) until someone with real power came down to sort out the bad guys. Of course you would get some abuse there, but I bet you would have a legion of rabid fanboys ready to do this service for the community.
Usually its a handful of people handling the bots, remember back in GW2 in WvW would see them in the Rat area of the map (like 40-50) and I would go up there and farm them till the handler noticed and made them all attack me.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Well, hopefully something is done soon. It's bad level 35 and up. Has Carbine stated anything yet? I know they're aware of the problem and have been banning in waves, but I wonder if they have a more permanent solution in mind?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just did an Adventure with 3 Stalkers 1 Medic and 1 Spellslinger (me). Was the most faceroll group I've ever been in.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, hopefully something is done soon. It's bad level 35 and up. Has Carbine stated anything yet? I know they're aware of the problem and have been banning in waves, but I wonder if they have a more permanent solution in mind?
It's funny to watch the bans, since most of them are probably compromised accounts that then just get unbanned once the person gets it back, but said person doesn't change their ways and just gets their account taken again and we repeat the cycle all over again.

And I don't see any company ever stopping bots completely, the people who write the codes are always a step ahead of any kind of software/code fix.