Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Their servers capacity are higher than most. Their "low pop" are equivalent to at least medium pop on most games.

Full medium pop on a weekend during prime time TWO MONTHS into a game? That's better than any MMO has done in probably 6 years.
You don't know what Low or Medium means in their game, and other than some vague statements from the developer that their servers hold more players, neither does anyone else. Second, there is no such thing as full medium population in Wildstar two months later. Many of the servers never get off of low and the ones that do tend to do so for a few hours on the weekend. Stormtalon, the most populated PvE server, stays Low 95% of the week. More people were playing ToR two months later than are playing Wildstar, FFXIV has two million people paying for it right now, and ESO still has like 750k+ subscribers. So, yeah, Wildstar is doing better than any MMO in the last 6 years...unless you count all of those MMOs released in the last 6 years. Wildstar is hurting, and if it weren't for CREDD system it would already be on life support.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
free 1 week trial if you want to try it out
WildStar Free Trial Giveaway Incoming! | WildStar

i feel bad for carbine, reminds me a lot of rift where they made a mostly great game but completely missed thinking about where all the money in gaming is.
The game at 50 becomes everything that sucks about wow, daily rep grind and elder gem(valor) farm. I will say this about most themepark mmos, you need to make logging in and playing your game fun. Repeating the same dailies every day is not fun.

Give me a game with open dungeons, and items where rare drops for crafting come off rare spawns. In essence give me a sandbox that actually has content for pve intermixxed with its pvp.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
free 1 week trial if you want to try it out
WildStar Free Trial Giveaway Incoming! | WildStar

i feel bad for carbine, reminds me a lot of rift where they made a mostly great game but completely missed thinking about where all the money in gaming is.
Even if they did, that's not a sure way of success. Especially when there are a lot of casual games already out there. I can only hope the market moves more and move to providing niches with slight mixes(ie you can have a pvp game with some pve etc). Nothing wrong with carbines idea's, just a matter of can they be happy and sustainable with it. I think they can, but they wont be hitting multi million subs with it and for some reason that is the only way retard gamers measure success.

@rafter. Iirc that 2m FFXIV was registered accounts(not active subs). Which is also boosted by consoles. Not saying its a bad game but welcome to video game media. I have no clue about TESO, 750k I could see that first month, but after that? No way.

The game at 50 becomes everything that sucks about wow, daily rep grind and elder gem(valor) farm. I will say this about most themepark mmos, you need to make logging in and playing your game fun. Repeating the same dailies every day is not fun.

Give me a game with open dungeons, and items where rare drops for crafting come off rare spawns. In essence give me a sandbox that actually has content for pve intermixxed with its pvp.
I can't help but feel like majority of the people who spout off shit like this never actually hit 50. It takes all of a couple days to max out rep for the attunement process and that is the only rep that matters. Elder gems can be capped in a few hours.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't help but feel like majority of the people who spout off shit like this never actually hit 50. It takes all of a couple days to max out rep for the attunement process and that is the only rep that matters. Elder gems can be capped in a few hours.
Its more the rep grind from vendors and shit like that, basically other than running the same old instances over and over its the most effecient way to get your EG.

And of course I am 50, I enjoy the combat, the raiding and the pvp(well when they fix it). I have hated the quest leveling, every damn game like this forces you to level with their terrible quest hub leveling.

Underjoyed_sl

shitlord

spot on

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is what is wrong with the last 11 years of mmorpgs. I pay 50-60$ for a 60 hour tutorial just so I can start playing FarmVille. "Oh, I just need to log on an hour a day to cap my gooder points. What a fucking blast I am having." "I love paying 15$ a month for 5-6 hours of raid time." How many of you couldn't wait to hit 50 so you could stop playing as much as you had been? How many of you legit fucking thanked god when you hit max level? I did. Best part of MMORPGS? Hating every second you spend with a stranger. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure why you looked at this game for that. It was very obvious what this game was before launch.

This is what is wrong with the last 11 years of mmorpgs. I pay 50-60$ for a 60 hour tutorial just so I can start playing FarmVille. "Oh, I just need to log on an hour a day to cap my gooder points. What a fucking blast I am having." "I love paying 15$ a month for 5-6 hours of raid time." How many of you couldn't wait to hit 50 so you could stop playing as much as you had been? How many of you legit fucking thanked god when you hit max level? I did. Best part of MMORPGS? Hating every second you spend with a stranger. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!?
You sound upset. Just fyi most raiders probably put in 40-60hours or more a month in raids alone for $15 a month. Pvpers probably put in just as much if not more. No clue what others do, though I am sure there are housing people or casuals still leveling up.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You sound upset. Just fyi most raiders probably put in 40-60hours or more a month in raids alone for $15 a month. Pvpers probably put in just as much if not more. No clue what others do, though I am sure there are housing people or casuals still leveling up.
that seems kind of high for raiders, especially after raids are on farm for months before the next one comes out. id guess that number is closer to 15-20. Your number might be right for the top end of progression raiders but to call it "most" is ridiculous.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that seems kind of high for raiders, especially after raids are on farm for months before the next one comes out. id guess that number is closer to 15-20.
True, once on farm it drops. Any kind of progression though and I probably low balled it, outside the semi casual raid guilds that run around.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
that seems kind of high for raiders, especially after raids are on farm for months before the next one comes out. id guess that number is closer to 15-20. Your number might be right for the top end of progression raiders but to call it "most" is ridiculous.
Huh? Unless I'm miss-reading Cinge's post he was talking about number of hours that raiders raid in a MONTH.

If you think that during progression (of which all Wildstar guilds currently fall under since no one has cleared all raid content) guilds raid 15-20 hours in a month then I don't know what to tell you. We raid 12 hours a week and are on the middle to casual side of raiding. There are five other guilds on our server that advertise their raid schedule as being 20+ hours a god damn week. I would probably have to check passed the top 200 progression guilds to find one that raided less then 15-20 hours a month lol.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm he edited. Yeah farmed status you probably drop to 15-20 hours a month, but progression. Even semi casual guilds are putting in 3-4 nights a week at probably 3-4 hours a night at minimum, so 36 hours a month. That's minimum. I'd bet majority of the guilds are putting in close to 50-60 hours with the hardcore going 80+ hours.

Edit : Btw I PM'd you back Vold.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Hmm he edited. Yeah farmed status you probably drop to 15-20 hours a month, but progression. Even semi casual guilds are putting in 3-4 nights a week at probably 3-4 hours a night at minimum, so 36 hours a month. That's minimum. I'd bet majority of the guilds are putting in close to 50-60 hours with the hardcore going 80+ hours.
Yes. You have to be so very completely out of touch with the raid scene to believe that it is even possible that anyone is raiding 15-20 hours in a month during progression. I just browsed my servers guild recruitment forum to try to find a singular guild that raided what amounts to 5 hours a week and couldn't find a single one. I did however find a dozen that raid the amount he's quoting in a week. I'm hoping that's what he thought the discussion was concerning. He'd still be wrong mind you but at least not insane wrong?

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
100% my fault. I was thinking 5-6 hours weekly raiding for 15$, not monthly. I still doubt any of you raiding 20+ hours a week are being entertained for even a quarter of that. I would LOVE to watch/listen to one of your raid nights if you wouldn't mind
biggrin.png

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
100% my fault. I was thinking 5-6 hours weekly raiding for 15$, not monthly. I still doubt any of you raiding 20+ hours a week are being entertained for even a quarter of that. I would LOVE to watch/listen to one of your raid nights if you wouldn't mind
biggrin.png
Sure. I stream all of our raids of which they'll be one tomorrow from 9pm to 1am EST.Twitch

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, if doing the 30 minutes of dailies a day for the few pieces of gear you DON'T NEED is too much for you.... not sure what to say.

Raids are pretty fun.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
biggrin.png
Why would someone raid if they were not being entertained? It's not a job or a requirement, you can quit anytime.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes. You have to be so very completely out of touch with the raid scene to believe that it is even possible that anyone is raiding 15-20 hours in a month during progression. I just browsed my servers guild recruitment forum to try to find a singular guild that raided what amounts to 5 hours a week and couldn't find a single one. I did however find a dozen that raid the amount he's quoting in a week. I'm hoping that's what he thought the discussion was concerning. He'd still be wrong mind you but at least not insane wrong?
well again, hes saying most raiders raid for 40-60 hours a month but for every raider whos raiding 4-5 hours day, theres one thats raiding for a couple hours once every couple days. You guys see it from your perspective since your putting in a lot of hours but to call yourselves "most" is a very skewed view of what playerbases consist of.