Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Raiding 3 nights a week and progressing isnt that hard in this game, sure you wont be elite and in Datascape but you can still progress. Never understood the mentality to raid 5 days or more in any mmo, even in wow only did 4 max.

This game is casual friendly, its just not bad player friendly.
This is either a strawman argument or you misread. This is what he said as far as time:

"I raided 4 months in beta (3-4hrs/day,4-5days/week),"

Pretty sure that's not considered casual these days... probably 5-10 years ago it was. Even if someone is playing 40 hours a week in three separate mmos, that time still would be divided up and whatever game they are playing at that time would still be at a casual pace inside of it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4-6hrs/night, 5days/week was cutting edge 10 years ago. That only included raid times for a guild that respected Fri/Sat off.

Might have been more demanding if there was public world bosses requiring more than 20 nolifers.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think those time are accurate 5 days a week is hardcore. 20 hours plus a week is hardcore to me, 12 to 19 is semi hardcore and under 12 is casual. You can get alot done in 12 hours of wildstar raiding.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
State of the Game

Highlights (or lowlights):

-Megaservers.They talk about launch day insane queues, the opening of more servers, and the need now to"rectify that toot sweet".Then they explain the benefits of everyone mashed together.

-Content updates."An aggressive drop schedule was something we had planned from the beginning. Our goal was to get new content out there and into your hands as fast as possible. However, we soon learned a pretty painful lesson: the quicker we tried to get content out the door, the buggier it ended up."Nuff said. They are slowing down to improve quality because"To date we've managed to fix more than three thousand bugs, which equates to 61 pages of patch notes. That's pretty good."Cool how they pat themselves on their own backs like that.

-Attunement."The raid content was designed to have players actually play it."So they nerfed the reqs to get to it. Basically they realized most of the people walking out the front door never got finished this stage.

-Elder Game Itemization."We got a ton of testing and feedback on the early leveling content in beta stages, as that is what gets tested the most."And it looks like they promptly ignored most of it."We?ve been making positive changes related to rune slots and how desirable the hard content rewards are andwe?re not close to finished yet."Erm.. call me when it's soup.

-PvP."Early PvP systems incentivized toxic behavior and play patterns."Have no idea what this shit means. I only tried it out a few times before I realized they were making me miss WoW Battlegrounds, and since I had no interest in going back to WoW...

-The Big Finish:"We?re working on the next post that will detail the major features we?re tweaking and introducing into the game and how WildStar really does provide gaming experiences for all play styles ? casual and hardcore."Translation:"Please casuals! Come back! Give us another chance and we'll make it up to you! We're sorry and we promise to change our hardcore tune."

Not ready to fire this back up yet. As I said, call me when it's soup.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So what did they do to attunement? I stalled at the dungeon step because everyone had done that part and PUGs (at that time anyway) were 100% guaranteed to fail. Probably could have slogged or begged ny way through it but then there were all the world bosses to deal with and I just didn't have the patience

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
As far as I know, the only attunement changes of import were Dungeons (and Adventures?) becoming Bronze level requirements instead of Silver.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Those all sound quite sensible. The world boss retroactive especially since it was silly

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So what did they do to attunement? I stalled at the dungeon step because everyone had done that part and PUGs (at that time anyway) were 100% guaranteed to fail. Probably could have slogged or begged ny way through it but then there were all the world bosses to deal with and I just didn't have the patience
As I recall you whined about it for a day then never logged in again. We did attunements with shitloads of more people after you, you were just in that 'group' of people that don't have a solid group, but then get pissy when people finish before you, and then 2 days later it doesn't matter because everyone is done regardless.

Other people in that group:
The ones that came into the dungeon groups but were so awful at the game that the timers wouldn't get finished, but insist it's always "These bad groups" they get stuck with.
The ones that bitched about being excluded but literally never logged in and expected everyone to service them at the drop of a hat.

Pretty sure you were the first one though, you whined that you couldn't get a group for like a solid single day and then never existed again.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
As I recall you whined about it for a day then never logged in again. We did attunements with shitloads of more people after you, you were just in that 'group' of people that don't have a solid group, but then get pissy when people finish before you, and then 2 days later it doesn't matter because everyone is done regardless.

Other people in that group:
The ones that came into the dungeon groups but were so awful at the game that the timers wouldn't get finished, but insist it's always "These bad groups" they get stuck with.
The ones that bitched about being excluded but literally never logged in and expected everyone to service them at the drop of a hat.

Pretty sure you were the first one though, you whined that you couldn't get a group for like a solid single day and then never existed again.
In his defense he did look for over a week.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I never asked anyone to service me or to carry me. The people I had done the scenarios with got past the dungeon step and the guild started raiding at which point no one did dungeons.

I joined PUGs for two weeks with no luck, joined the channel that someone else on the server set up for attunement (which promptly vanished like 48 hours later) and offered to help anyone who needed the scenarios while I did Scorchwing and the damn Tree thing etc. as a way to try and get better equipment to help the process.

When the second month ended (thanks cheap early C.R.E.D.D.) I realized that just logging in to farm faction and get the daily tradeskill token wasnt worth it and let the sub expire. So yeah that was a lot more than a day.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm interested to see who got him. He mentions that he got an offer he couldn't refuse. Is that a big company or just anything is better then here move.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Got this today in an email if anyone wants to use these 7 day keys:

Guest Pass for U.S. Servers:
5BC5276HNMKD3QI9E0B7
Y52LBAQ1XP3UI3C3OUA4

Guest Pass for E.U. Servers:
1LGBDN6IC7PLGD1527W6
OIHC040PT2HT6HNO61X8

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I'm interested to see who got him. He mentions that he got an offer he couldn't refuse. Is that a big company or just anything is better then here move.
I anticipate him going to Blizzard to work on HoTS like Shelton. He talks about loving pvp and if you watched him actually play the game he has no idea what a rotation looks like or how his game even functions.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
From an MMO design perspective (if such things interest you) there was a very detailed write up on the design flaws of the game. A lot of it has been touched upon here, but there was a reddit thread a few days ago with some very insightful analysis.

Reddit - Whatever happened to Wildstar?

If you take the time to go through it its a pretty interesting discussion. Wildstar did a lot of pretty neat things, maybe they can turn it around a bit in the future.