Will Smith n Oscar Town

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
At this level of money, it's all about social ranking. The difference between $500 million and $250 million is essentially not getting into certain social circles or groups. You will literally be shunned. Like dropping from a billionaire to a multi-millionaire, you would think you are fine, meanwhile 80% of your social contacts will abandon you.

I know, you say it's fine, because they are still a multi-millionaire even after the divorce. But for people at this level, you already have the money. What you need is the clout. You get addicted to being the MOTU, the big dick. Rich people don't like hanging around with "losers", people who lose their wealth, they think it's bad karma. Which is why they tend to just network amongst themselves, or get scammed by people who pretend they have money or come from money.

Not to mention often in these situations (not in Jada's case because she's famous), the dependent spouse gets completely thrown out of that world. Think sports wives or the 4th young wife of a billionaire. If they divorce, they are millionaires, but they will not be socializing anymore with the other millionaire social circles. They will get thrown back to general population - rich, but nobodies. So they often allow their husbands to cheat, because they would rather stay in the upper class, rather than be rich and thrown down to associate with the middle class.

You don't understand this mentality because it is not your world. It isn't my world either, but at least I'm adjacent so I have some insight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Will-Smith-and-Duane-Martin-GettyImages-109510561.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would think there would be some clause or something, couldn't he get sued to hell saying that ?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would think there would be some clause or something, couldn't he get sued to hell saying that ?
can you get sued if you say something that's true?

i mean, yes you can get sued for anything, but is there a legitimate case?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it's not true then saying such a thing would have every lawyer in the country jumping to represent that lawsuit. Easiest $$$ ever.

If it is true then it's more complicated but if there's an intent to harm his career more than his marriage it could still be a lawsuit.

j00t

If it's not true then saying such a thing would have every lawyer in the country jumping to represent that lawsuit. Easiest $$$ ever.

If it is true then it's more complicated but if there's an intent to harm his career more than his marriage it could still be a lawsuit.
i don't disagree, in theory. if there's an intent to harm his career it could be a lawsuit, but you'd have to prove it's an intent to harm his career, first. i don't know anything about this dude, so who knows, but i think when it comes to a lawsuit, the burden of proof is on the lawyer trying to prove that it's not just brother bilaal giving his opinion. right? i got my law degree from watching boston legal, so i'm pretty sure i know what i'm talking about

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would think there would be NDA or some crap back in Will's prime

• 1Like

j00t

5 years ago this would have been a silly bullshit story. now it seems less bullshitty cuz Jada neutered Will for everyone to see and he's on board with it. everyone thinks she's blackmailing him.
i mean, i think 5 years ago it would have been brushed aside more easily, but there's been rumors of will smith having sex with men for a LONG time

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i don't disagree, in theory. if there's an intent to harm his career it could be a lawsuit, but you'd have to prove it's an intent to harm his career, first. i don't know anything about this dude, so who knows, but i think when it comes to a lawsuit, the burden of proof is on the lawyer trying to prove that it's not just brother bilaal giving his opinion. right? i got my law degree from watching boston legal, so i'm pretty sure i know what i'm talking about
how about intent to profit?

cuz he wrote a book
re01ZxE0hwPLHM9EwNyH9cnLZ407hq8Ao5jyDYfoAhDy9qt_sNn0cdvir-ot_wJA8Mwldtd-nnA=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i mean, i think 5 years ago it would have been brushed aside more easily, but there's been rumors of will smith having sex with men for a LONG time
there are lots of rumors about male celebrities. i think guys create them because they are jealous because their girlfriend thinks the celeb is hot. oh you think he's hot? well i heard he was in the hospital and had his stomach pumped of a quart of semen. he's a fag! i heard that about George Michael in the 80s, that was true, but i also heard that same story about people like Bonjovi or Patrick Swayze around the same time. i was like, why are all these men drinking quarts of cum and then going to the hospital?

j00t

there are lots of rumors about male celebrities. i think guys create them because they are jealous because their girlfriend thinks the celeb is hot. oh you think he's hot? well i heard he was in the hospital and had his stomach pumped of a quart of semen. he's a fag! i heard that about George Michael in the 80s, that was true, but i also heard that same story about people like Bonjovi or Patrick Swayze around the same time. i was like, why are all these men drinking quarts of cum and then going to the hospital?
well, it's possible that it was conflated with his first movie, since he's gay in it and makes out with some dude.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess I was too young for Bon Jovi and Swayze rumors. The only rumors of faggotness that I remember from growing up were George Michael and New Kids on the Block. The stomach pumping thing, along with a rodent wrapped in tape, was attributed to New Kids, so pretty sure that is just out and out bullshit slander. George Michael was caught going to gay cruising places then published by national newspapers; the story the kids were spreading was "public bathrooms" which none of us knew existed outside of rest stops and the state fair grounds/Six Flags.

There was a lot of hate toward DeCrapio too (due to Titanic) but no singular rumor coalesced around him.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
GM did get busted blowing some guy in a public bathroom.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I guess I was too young for Bon Jovi and Swayze rumors. The only rumors of faggotness that I remember from growing up were George Michael and New Kids on the Block. The stomach pumping thing, along with a rodent wrapped in tape, was attributed to New Kids, so pretty sure that is just out and out bullshit slander. George Michael was caught going to gay cruising places then published by national newspapers; the story the kids were spreading was "public bathrooms" which none of us knew existed outside of rest stops and the state fair grounds/Six Flags.

There was a lot of hate toward DeCrapio too (due to Titanic) but no singular rumor coalesced around him.
Swayze and Bonjovi was the thing 5 years or so before NKOTB. yes i heard the same stomach pumping stories about the boy bands too. it just happened to be the stuff girls were into that made these guys drink too much jizz. although, some of that wild stuff about George Michael and Michael Jackson or the Coreys did eerily pan out. so who the fuck knows.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can't sue over that shit lol

I'm inclined to think it's a lie just to sell his book though. Confirmation bias will instantly get him tons of believers (as evidenced in this very thread) but the fact that he's apparently claiming that 'everyone wanted to be with Jada' undermines his credibility even further.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
GM did get busted blowing some guy in a public bathroom.
yep, but that happened within the last ten years. George Michael was rumored to be gay back in the 80s when chicks were going apeshit over him. i never understood it. i thought girls would be into macho manly men, not effeminate pussies. but whatever.