<Silver Donator>
Noms out!
Screenshot_20220208-111723_Chrome.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If Dune doesn't win for Cinematography at the very least, it'll be a travesty. Dennis V films are the absolute best in slot when it comes to that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Jane Campion/Power of the Dog will probably win all their noms.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I looked up this Power of the Dog shit and now I’m just pissed it wasn’t a Dog the Bounty Hunter biopic

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I watched Power of the Dog. It was one of those that you can tell is a good movie but it's not at all fun to watch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Fuck the academy and their racist bullshit. Everyone can suck a thousand cocks. Amod please delete this thread.

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 11 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I literally haven't followed the 2021 releases at all, but if recent trends persist, Dune wins the majority of technical awards (maybe + Cinematography), Power of the Dog the favorite for production / direction /screenplay with West Side Story the main competition (probably Costumes), with actors going to a grab bag of films (Dench and Hinds for Belfast?)

My brain is having a hard time wrapping my mind around Oscar Nominees Kristen Stewart, Kirsten Dunst, and Andrew Garfield, but this was the shortest eligibility window, yes?

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fick the academy and their racist bullshit. Everyone can suck a thousand cocks. Amod please delete this thread.
This. Why anyone takes those clowns seriously or cares what they think is beyond me.

• 2Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Here's what I've seen so far and how I rank them:

1. Dune - Denis Villeneuve is my favorite director right now.

2. Licorice Pizza - really enjoyed this one. I'd be fine with this winning best pic for sure.

3. Nighmare Alley - The movie over all was dang good, but the first act was a MASTERPIECE. Second half was good but lost a bit of steam.

4. The Power of the Dog - Great story. Slow burn. My kinda flick. Not for everyone.

5. Don't Look Up - I thought the first half was super funny but the second half a little too on the nose preachathon. Still great and would watch again.

6. Belfast - good but wouldn't watch twice.

• 2Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zero fucks given if Ricky Gervais is not hosting it.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor

Jane Campion's been the darling of the fem-auteur arthouse crowd for years, they've been waiting for her to make any kinda movie to give her the Oscar for since she got stiffed for The Piano. Don't be shocked if Power of The Dog sweeps its lanes, considering Hollywood today vs the mid-90s this'll be more of a coronation than a contest.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
While I didn't love Dune its such a horrible season. It should win almost everything.

It didn't even get nominated for directing .... Power of the dog over Dune... Fuck off

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The fact that Don't Look Up is on the best picture list pretty much tells you that this is a leftoid fart sniffing contest. My top three films of the year I enjoyed were Spiderman: NWH, Zilla vs Kong, and GB Afterlife (Dune a VERY close 4th). There is not a single other movie from last year I even want to watch again.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hopefully the homeless throw their own shit at the celebs when they step over them for their annual circle jerk.