stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Willy's Wonderland (2021)

Tagline: Let Playtime Begin

Genre: Thriller, Horror, Fantasy

Director: Kevin Lewis

Cast: Nicolas Cage, Emily Tosta, Beth Grant, Ric Reitz, Chris Warner, Terayle Hill, Caylee Cowan, Grant Cramer, Chris Schmidt Jr., Duke Jackson, David Sheftell, Christian Delgrosso, Taylor Towery, Jiri Stanek, B.J. Guyer, Jonathan Mercedes

Release: 2021-02-12

Plot: A janitor is forced to spend the night in a twisted amusement park where he is pulled into a living nightmare. As the threatening animatronic characters come to life, the janitor has to fight his way from one monster to another to survive until morning and get out of the park.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Cast: Nicolas Cage
Plot: A janitor is forced
happy episode 8 GIF

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I really think Cage losing all his money a while back was a blessing. Now we all get to all partake in the schlock he's had to put out in order to pay the debts.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
isn't... this the exact plot of 5 nights at freddy's? except instead of 5 nights it's just one?

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Cage made a lot of shit movies, but he had a lot of zingers early on. If this is anything like Mandy, it's another undersold winner. The concept is long overdue. Fuck those creepy ass chuckecheese fucks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
History of Swear words is pretty damn funny. Cage gets you right away in the first episode with the Fuck monologue lol

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Standard b horror movie. It's not Mandy.

I can't really say anything bad about it. I felt the first 50 minutes were solid.

The movie lost punctuation with me in the second half. It sort of lost you after how rapidly they started to dispose of the characters without really working toward any resolution. It's a short movie, and its b horror-- so all of that's completely normal.

I guess the reason for that is, I felt the supporting cast was necessary since they didn't want to use Nic as anything besides wallpaper. So when they started killing off people, that's essentially killing off dialogue since Nic isn't a speaking role in this movie.

But yeah, if I was producing I could have tuned up the meat of the movie about 45 mins in forward.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I thought almost the exact opposite--once it got going, it got better and better Nic's behavior gets even more absurd. The peak for me was
every time he took his break and did the same thing, drank a soda, played pinball, then back to cleaning, up until the final montage with him playing pinball. The track for it is great too:

It might be heresy, but I think I enjoyed it more than Mandy and I thought Mandy was very good.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
None of the kills tried to compete for Zombie/Monster Kill of the Week, nor did it go for hilarity. You don't actually get to see the tits either.

All they needed to do was lean into one ridiculous aspect and truly go for it, but it ultimately doesn't attempt to reach there on any front.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database