Windows 10

spronk

FPS noob
0m234lL.png

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
anyone having trouble with battlenet? It keeps crashing on me and I can't figure out what's causing it

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reverted back to a local account. I couldn't access my NAS and other computers with my Microsoft account + PIN as a login. They need to fix that shit.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Reverted back to a local account. I couldn't access my NAS and other computers with my Microsoft account + PIN as a login. They need to fix that shit.
I use a Microsoft account with the PIN option and I can access my NAS and other computers just fine.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So, I did the upgrade on my computers and the did a clean install on my desktop because all of my files are set to read only and its saying I don't have permission to modify them (even though I'm the admin). So after wiping and clean installing, it lets me change the file permission from read only, except they don't stick. I only noticed because EQ2 couldnt write to the log file and basically stopped working after the upgrade. Any suggestions?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
liking 10 so far, only issues i had was -i'm a lefty and it recognized my lefty Naga,,,and on booting up this evening, it switched my mouse buttons. while i use the mouse with my left hand, i keep the buttons to default left click is left click right is right not left is right and right is left..

other than that, i like the speed of Edge browser, the one issue i have that will, honestly, stop me from using it until i figure how to move it.,. is the hub on the right side of the window, i NEED favorites on the left side of my screen, i have had favorites/bookmarks on the left side for the past 30odd years of me web browsing, and frankly, it feels WEIRD to look to the right hand side of the window and i don't like it at all. just give me an option to have the damn thing on the left side of the window when it is open, that is all i ask.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Sucks for you man but I don't think your MS account and PIN is the problem here. Sharing across all of my comps has been fine and I use MS accounts with password, PIN and touch patterns.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So my brother is telling me that I can't do a fresh install until I get the automatic update to 'upgrade' my windows 8.1 key. He says the installer only works with an actual Windows 10 key if I just try to install from the downloader that was linked a few pages back. Does that make any sense. I was going to do a fresh install tonight, but I only have a 8.1 Pro key, not a Windows 10 key and the auto updater still hasn't gone through for either of my boxes.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So my brother is telling me that I can't do a fresh install until I get the automatic update to 'upgrade' my windows 8.1 key. He says the installer only works with an actual Windows 10 key if I just try to install from the downloader that was linked a few pages back. Does that make any sense. I was going to do a fresh install tonight, but I only have a 8.1 Pro key, not a Windows 10 key and the auto updater still hasn't gone through for either of my boxes.
He's right. You must do the upgrade first so it will generate your new key.Download this, it will force the upgrade without having to wait for your turn on their Windows Update thing.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Ah, gotcha. Thanks. I have that file. I was trying to make a USB installer and I keep getting the "Something happened" error at like 50%. Will do the update, then try to make the installer again for a clean install.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Ah, gotcha. Thanks. I have that file. I was trying to make a USB installer and I keep getting the "Something happened" error at like 50%. Will do the update, then try to make the installer again for a clean install.
Just be careful. You have to have your original Product ID to upgrade with the tool Skandia linked. If you don't have it there is a simple VBS script you can run that will display it hereHow to Find Your Lost Windows or Office Product Keys.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
No you don't, you can skip it and then it'll activate later.
Are you sure? Even the link provided says you need it available.

I mean, I agree that it should know how to find the key on your system during the upgrade since Microsoft created the damn tool, but researching the upgrade (because one of my computers refuses to allow me to reserve a Windows 10 key) has led me to a number of sites that say the old Product ID is required.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The steps I have seen on clean installing have said that you just skip when it asks for the key during install (provided you have upgraded to Win10 first before doing a clean install). It will activate itself once you're online again.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
everything i have read says to skip the key part and it will auto activate on finish and going online.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
everything i have read says to skip the key part and it will auto activate on finish and going online.
It will, if you activated it on the upgrade copy before you wiped for the clean install.

Make sure to not wipe your upgrade copy until it's activated as authentic. The activation servers are pretty busy in the middle of the day.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm going to laugh when extension support makes it suck like IE.