Winter 2014 Anime Thread

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So just found this thread ,apologies for bit of a hijack ,I wanted to see if of you experts might suggest Anime (recent or old) that I would enjoy along the lines of Berserk ? I'm no expert at all , enjoyed some anime over the years , and it might be heresy for the cultured pro's, but Berserk is one of my favorites I've watched. Was just curious if there was anything similar or suggestions if I liked that.

(side note my wife actually watched the whole Death Note series with me and enjoyed the story , so wouldn't mind any pro suggestions for something we might both enjoy also )

Sean_sl

shitlord
Witch Craft Works- Great animation, cool setting.
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga- Yeah...
Seitokai Yakuindomo*- Yay more Seitokai Yakuindomo.
Space Dandy- Funny enough.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So just found this thread ,apologies for bit of a hijack ,I wanted to see if of you experts might suggest Anime (recent or old) that I would enjoy along the lines of Berserk ? I'm no expert at all , enjoyed some anime over the years , and it might be heresy for the cultured pro's, but Berserk is one of my favorites I've watched. Was just curious if there was anything similar or suggestions if I liked that.

(side note my wife actually watched the whole Death Note series with me and enjoyed the story , so wouldn't mind any pro suggestions for something we might both enjoy also )
Start with Black Lagoon.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Not too much is similar to Berserk, but you can try Guin Saga(so long as its not in terrible English dub)

Sean_sl

shitlord
Noragami- Pretty Fun.
Tonari no Seki-kun- Short, but fucking HILARIOUS.
Nobunaga the Fool- Crazy collection of historical figures, Satelight animated mecha? Count me the fuck in.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
(Space Dandy) Why the fuck does it sound like random assholes are voice acting shit all of the fucking time? Christ I hate English voice actors.

Lina_sl

shitlord
Witch Craft Works- Great animation, cool setting.
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga- Yeah...
Seitokai Yakuindomo*- Yay more Seitokai Yakuindomo.
Space Dandy- Funny enough.
#2 Wtf... Yeah, more please. Funny.

Needless

Toe Sucker
weaboo bros, whats an interesting series to pick up?
I watched AoT last night and want something else.

I keep reading Kill La Kill is awesome? and Sword Art Online?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

You might like Claymore or Shingeki no Kyojin. Black Lagoon was mentioned already, which is another good suggestion.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Claymore and Kyojin i 2nd but not sure the Black Lagoon reference when bringing up Berserk - sure its a good and dark series but the lore to be found is incomparable. Kyojin also isnt big on lore but its huge on mystery and intrigue so thats a huge bonus.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Both those anime are strictly better than the .hack ones, including the ones leading up to //GU. SAO is more about "survival" while Log Horizon is touching on some more interesting concepts within mmorpgs and persistent online games. Both are pretty f'n awesome.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Cool shit, i'll check out Log Horizon tonight, already watched the first episode of SAO, pretty neat.. kind of cliche, but im curious about it lol
Made me want to play some .hack
frown.png

Sean_sl

shitlord
Both those anime are strictly better than the .hack ones, including the ones leading up to //GU. SAO is more about "survival" while Log Horizon is touching on some more interesting concepts within mmorpgs and persistent online games. Both are pretty f'n awesome.
Yeah, SAO and Log Horizon are very different beasts. Log Horizon definitely touches on some really cool concepts, especially how certain aspects of how LH is setup changes the psychology of people.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Appreciate the Black Lagoon/CLaymore and other suggestions , also I enjoyed some of the .hack so will have to look into the Log Horizon , had never heard of that.