Winter 2014 Anime Thread

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
So just found this thread ,apologies for bit of a hijack ,I wanted to see if of you experts might suggest Anime (recent or old) that I would enjoy along the lines of Berserk ? I'm no expert at all , enjoyed some anime over the years , and it might be heresy for the cultured pro's, but Berserk is one of my favorites I've watched. Was just curious if there was anything similar or suggestions if I liked that.

(side note my wife actually watched the whole Death Note series with me and enjoyed the story , so wouldn't mind any pro suggestions for something we might both enjoy also )
Gungrave.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Nobunagun- Another Nobunaga show, seems pretty decent too.
The Pilot's Love Song- Set in the same world as The Princess and the Pilot. Really good stuff. I love the designs in it, great if you love planes and stuff.
SoniAni: Super Sonic the Animation- Jesus Christ, this character is a walking fetish. Dull show. Do not want.
Buddy Complex- Looks like this will be a fun mecha show, good designs.

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Mushishi second season. Its over. I absolutely loved the first season, hope this one will be just as entrancing as the first.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Just watched the first episode of kill La kill... at first I was like what the fuuuuuuuuck am I watching? Was loling by the end.

I think I'll make some good use out of this crunchyroll sub hah

Sean_sl

shitlord
D-Frag- Pretty funny.
Hamatora- Good stuff, love things about people with powers. Cool use of colors too.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Witch Craft Works- Great animation, cool setting.
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga- Yeah...
Seitokai Yakuindomo*- Yay more Seitokai Yakuindomo.
Space Dandy- Funny enough.
Gonna check that out, looks interesting enough.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Just watched the first episode of kill La kill... at first I was like what the fuuuuuuuuck am I watching? Was loling by the end.

I think I'll make some good use out of this crunchyroll sub hah
Cosplay~

rrr_img_56212.jpg

rrr_img_56213.jpg

Sean_sl

shitlord
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren- It returns, huzzah.
Onee-chan ga Kita!- Super short, decently funny.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Checking Out / Continuing to Watch List
Witch Craft Works
Noragami
Magi
Nobunaga the Fool
Tokyo Ravens
Hamatora
Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta
Mahou Sensou
Nisekoi
Kill la Kill
Strike the Blood
Log Horizon

Sean_sl

shitlord
Magical Warfare- Pretty cool, another people with powers show.
Gin no Saji S2- More of this is always great.
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei- Decently funny.
Strange+- So bad that I don't know what to say. Not even funny bad, just bad bad.
ZX Ignition- Not terrible.
Pupa- Well, that was weird.
Hozuki no Reitetsu- Boring. No thanks.
Sakura Trick- Also boring. Zzz.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Sean pretty much has this season covered.

here my take so far:
Mushishi Tokubetsu-hen- ok, didnt dislike it, but also didnt love it. gonna watch the next 2 ep to see where it goes
Tonari no Seki-kun- didnt like it
Saki - The Nationals- ok, if you liked chihayafuru - gonna give it another ep or 2
Nobunaga the Fool- sounds good on paper, but another nobunaga themed anime wasnt really necessary, and adding spaceships and steam-punk(?) robots doesnt really help
Space Dandy- poor mans cowboy bepop? didnt like, gonna wait if others recommend in a few weeks
Noragami- yeah another blood lad theme, 2 more ep to see if it gets better
Witch Craft Works- one of the better ones this season
Nobunagun- liked it. could be epic monster battles.
Wooser no Sono Higurashi Kakusei-hen- japanese pedobear? didnt like that much
D-Frag- Very similar to "Going Home Club" (forgot japanese title). will check out for a few more ep.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Space Dandy shouldn't be compared to Cowboy Bebop. It's way closer to Outlaw Star.
i never saw outlaw star so i'll take your word for it.

Strange+- didnt like. i guess they tried hard to be funny or something and failed.
Gin no Saji S2- liked the first season, 2nd more of the same so far.
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei - Engaged to the Unidentified- funny high school drama, liked it.
ZX IGNITION- nice design, weak story/setup, first ep was kinda confusing. gonna check out a few more ep though.
Pupa- wow! too bad it's only 4 minutes. this would have serious potential in a movie or something.

a few more to come ...

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Buddy Complex- if you replace the Witchcraft in Witch Craft Works with giant robots from the future i think it's exactly the same anime. felt kinda stupid after watching first ep
Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta - The Pilot's Love Song- 12 year old kids flying ww2 era airplanes. wasn't really terrible ep, but didnt like much either.
Hozuki no Reitetsu- boring, didnt like
Hamatora- not terrible, but kinda boring

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pupa is just a borderline guro manga. Its a particularly niche manga setting and even more so anime. So its like guro+ Bro-con and sis-con. Its a short series and there isn't a lot of plot development or too many details that is thrown in the manga. Probably not gonna be everyone's cup of tea.

Witch Craft Works is a incredibly well, cleanly drawn manga and I'm sure the anime will be well produced, but I've found it has abysmal, unpredictable character growth/development. Lots of cool actiony stuff, outside of the MC of the series.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sekai Seifuku ~Bouryaku no Zvezda~ in summary: "If you swear fealty to me, I shall share my snacks and the world with you."