Winter 2014 Anime Thread

velk

Trakanon Raider
Post L's death? What are you takling about? Death Note ends with L's death and Light goes on to remake the world in his image. There is nothing after L's death.

Anything you've heard about season 2 is a lie.
Well obviously, making a second season would be like making a second highlander movie, it's just a mistake no-one is stupid enough to make right ?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Live action Death Note by Christopher Nolan or live action Code Geass by Guillermo del Toro? Assume blockbuster budgets.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I should mention that I've watched about 5 eps TTGL...
You just needed to watch 3 more episodes I believe. I would say at least the first 10-11 episodes are just setting up the anime still although by episode 8 it reaches a new level.

Kaio

Live action Death Note by Christopher Nolan or live action Code Geass by Guillermo del Toro? Assume blockbuster budgets.
Neither, because when dealing with longer story lines you lose most of the details and build-up with the shorter time span of a movie. With that said Nolan could definitely pull it off as a duology ending with L's death. Then some dick monkey will go ahead and make a direct to video sequel involving the two kids and b-list actor version of Light that we can all safely ignore (like the starship trooper sequels!).

Edit: Log Horizon is just getting fucking better and better. The world building is paying off and makes the action episodes like this seem even more epic even though it's just side characters on the spot light now. It's definitely better then sword are online, which was awesome so that is saying something.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
nolan is too good for anime like death note.

death note should only be directed by some obscure yellow monkey from the cursed isle of japan. in fact, all anime should be directed by yellow monkeys and never touch hollywood.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Death Note is not good movie material.

You could do some awesome stuff with Code Geass, but there's far too much material to cover to do the main series justice. A prequel movie to the main series would work though.

Kaio

I wonder if they can try resuscitation like the real world like cpr instead of just spells because he's a real person (in that world at least!)

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder if they can try resuscitation like the real world like cpr instead of just spells because he's a real person (in that world at least!)
Bro I am sure they hit that fool with a bolt a lightning and bring his ass back to life.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Indeed - Has Space Dandy picked up any?
Honestly, I watched like 2 episodes and I was bored. It just didn't hook me. I did watch the Japanese dub of it though, maybe it's better in English.

After having 5-6 eps of everything now I think thatThe Pilot's Love Song(best new show),Tonari no Seki-kun,Nisekoi, andD-Fragare the most entertaining of the "new" shows.Nourin,Sekai Seifuku ~Bouryaku no Zvezda~, andMikakunin de Shinkoukeihave their moments too.

The rest of this stuff is okay, but nothing really stands out as great.

Witch Craft Works
Magical Warfare
Noragami
Nobunagun
Nobunaga the Fool
Wizard Barristers Benmashi Cecil
Buddy Complex
Hamatora
Z/X Ignition
ImoCho
Onee-chan ga Kita

And the returning shows are all still as good as they were:

Magi
Hunter X Hunter
Gin no Saji
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Log Horizon
Strike the Blood
Ace of Diamond
Kuroko's Basketball
Hajime no Ippo
Golden Time
Nagi no Asakura
Kill la Kill

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The last few episodes of Magi (since the new OP/ED I think) do not have previews, however Crunchyroll did have this message up: "Due to the Sochi Olympics, episode 20 will air 2/23."

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
And the returning shows are all still as good as they were:

Magi
Hunter X Hunter
Gin no Saji
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Log Horizon
Strike the Blood
Ace of Diamond
Kuroko's Basketball