Winter 2014 Anime Thread

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn't call it the worst list ever, you can make an argument for a lot of characters on there. I hate #1 though, he doesn't deserve that spot.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lelouch not in the top 5 is dumb. He was fucking amazing. Goku in the top 5 is dumb. Astro Boy making the list is puzzling, not to mention being number 4... Shinji's is fucking ridiculous.

They at least had a lot of the deserving characters actually on the list.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Mmm, an alright list IMO. There are so many good anime characters it's easy to get mad some didn't make the list. I'd have Makunouchi Ippo in the top 20 definitely. Goku deserves the spot for influence alone. I'm surprised Lain and Afro are on there. A couple of them I don't recognize.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's a mainstream anime list, and a lot of choices were probably thrown on there due to people easily recognizing them. Its IGN, so I wouldn't sweat it.

I might've had a character likeOkazaki TomoyafromClannadon my list, considering the type of personality he had and the transition he makes throughout the series.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
clearly they just needed an article written. the latest character they had was afro from 2007 and then a couple of 2006 death note chars. it's 2014 with a new season beginning, they skipped at least 6 years of anime just cuz they're inept, but again they probably just needed something written. but yea, like previously said, they needed to be mainstream and they needed to fill up a few slots with omages, (astroboy/lupin shit)

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
i don't see why afro samurai or astroboy were there, nor why they included haruka but not naota from flcl. but with these kinds of lists there will always be omissions etc.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was trying to think through the biggest omissions. The fact that nobody from Gurren Langann or Attack on Titan made it pretty much says it all.

Also, Code Geass is eight years old...where did the time go?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Rofl, Shinji as #1? Either this entire thing was leading up to that just to troll people or the writer is on some serious fucking drugs.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Some of those articles I think are written with obvious shit like that just to stir up discussion and angst to their site.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
I was trying to think through the biggest omissions. The fact that nobody from Gurren Langann or Attack on Titan made it pretty much says it all.
Was thinking about this, but the majority of choices on that list are from shows that are mostly carried by a single character. Where without them the show would have been meh. For the amazing shows that they are, I don't think TTGL or Attack on Titan had one standout amazing lead. Kamina maybe, but he was only a small part of the show. Shinji was listed due to popularity and influence, not necessarily likability. Still shouldn't be in the #1 spot though.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rofl, Shinji as #1? Either this entire thing was leading up to that just to troll people or the writer is on some serious fucking drugs.
After reading the reasoning of the writer for Shinji, I'm sure the writer self identified with him. So it is ok the list sucks, the writer is a pathetic sack of shit.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
This is the worse list ever - i dont even fuckin know how Luffy did not make the top 25 on this shit.

Top 25 Greatest Anime Characters - IGN
Muchbetter list than I was expecting - only one Narutard, no Bleach, etc, Could have done without Lelouch, though - CG wasn't even the best anime ofthat year, let alone any longer period of time. Could have dropped the Death Note pair too - replace them with Kenshiro and Anthy Himemiya or something.