Winter 2018 Anime Thread

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Will watch Card Captor Sakura Clear Card Arc. I'm sure 99% will be boring but it'll keep me entertained enough & I like the CLAMP art style. Battle outfits were always changed & would change every episode instead of the same boring ass outfits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Actually, after doing a representation of what the thread would look like with Pop Team Epic as the image, I like the current one even more. It's just so lame that it's great.

Here's the fake thread image if anyone cares.
O3vXK1W.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Some upcoming series in 2018.

Am excited for: SAO, Konosuba, Re:Zero, Attack on Titan, Code Geass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
More SAO to give me an excuse to get drunk and mock it is always welcome

• 2Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hmmmm.

Just Overlord II I care about.
Past that 2nd season of Fate, I'm just no longer a fan.
Mahoutsukai is just great story telling.
Black Clover I'm sick of the yelling, but good characters.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Fate/Extra should be good at least. We're nowhere close the terrible Apocrypha and its boring Gary Stu of a main character. At least its written by Nasu and not some random fanfic writer.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Rewatching season 1 of Overlord today. Yeah, this show was fun. He just dealt with the little stabby girl in the best way possible. Love it.

Only 4 more episodes to go. Nice.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Rewatching season 1 of Overlord today. Yeah, this show was fun. He just dealt with the little stabby girl in the best way possible. Love it.

Only 4 more episodes to go. Nice.

Rewatched it yesterday too. Still enjoyable. Will see how it goes this season. Lizard men seem kinda boring at first glance.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Starting off the new year by binging Nanatsu no Taizai, and I'll file this under things I should've done sooner. Only 8 episodes in, but I'm probably gonna finish it tonight/tomorrow.

Can't wait for the episode when Meliodas finally learns to cook and then dominates Chinese Cuisine RS.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I made the mistake to check out the Citrus manga. Next thing I know its 3 am. Very different from that I expected.

On the other hand Death March may or may not have some redeeming qualities: MC is interested in mature women, but gets loli harem instead (minus the android and the lizard girl, which is a battle maniac anyway). Goes to prostitutes instead.

One of the rare breeds of japanese LN protagonists that has balls and is not allergic to vaginas.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Per the torrent I grabbed - "The first episode received an early screening at a special event held at United Cinema Aqua City Odaiba on 17.12.2017, as well as an early broadcast on AbemaTV on 30.12.2017. Regular broadcasting begins on January 9, 2018." Still wanna re-watch season 1 before I dive into it though.

Finished with Nanatsu no Taizai, so good. For all that fighting and power though, they sure do have a hard time actually killing most people. Now I just gotta find the OVA's and such that aren't in Russian...

Gowther is best girl.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's a new show that began today. It was available from HorribleSubs.
Sora yori mo Tooi Basho

I watched it and REALLY liked the show. It gives me a good sense of wonder. I wasn't that into the animation, but it grew on me by the time the episode was over. I'm planning on watching this all the way through.

The concept is there's this girl in her 2nd year of high school. She discovered a journal that she wrote when she was younger saying that in HS she would finally change who she was. Take risks and stuff. Go on an adventure. Great idea for a show. I dig it.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
what's a solid recent-ish series to start?

is made in abyss good? the reviews are super high but i don't know about the kiddy art style lol

i was told to watch Rage of bahamut, confirm/deny?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
You get over the art style pretty quick, the show is goddamn gorgeous

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
is made in abyss good? the reviews are super high but i don't know about the kiddy art style lol
That's just to lure you in. The series is all fluffy at the beginning, but later shit hits the fan.

fAIL7yZ.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
what's a solid recent-ish series to start?

i was told to watch Rage of bahamut, confirm/deny?

What was said about Made in Abyss above. Get ready for despair.

Rage of Bahamut was good, especially the first 24 ep season. Was less a fan of the second one but still entertaining. Show is damn good looking.

I'll add Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous) we just talked about in the Fall thread. First real show that really sold on CG and very interesting to boot.

Are you interested by a specific genre or are you up for whatever? Trying to think about a lot of good shows we had this year.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I haven't really finished a lot of series, the ones i enjoyed the most were probably:

shokugeki no soma, AoT season 1 (havent watched S2), one punch man, samurai champloo, gundam 00

I think i started a few episodes of Re:Zero last year but completely forgot about it, worth going back to?

I'll start with Rage of Bahamut and Made In Abyss... that picture intrigues me hahah

• 1Like