Winter 2018 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Re: Zero was an incredible show. You just have to get past the part of the MC being a total complaining bitch. It happens a lot, but the good of the show FAR outweighs the bad. It ruled.

Here's a list of all the recent shows that I liked enough to justify downloading the series to save for a second watch.

Ajin (season 1 & 2)
Aldnoah.Zero
Baby Steps (seasons 1 & 2)
Ballroom e Youkoso
Boku no Hero Academia (seasons 1 & 2)
DanMachi (top tier show. season 1 was awesome. Season 2 was called Sword Oratoria, but it wasn't as good)
GATE
Gundam Build Fighters (seasons 1 & 2)
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Haikyuu!! (seasons 1, 2 & 3)
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (seasons 1 & 2)
Log Horizon (seasons 1 & 2)
Made in Abyss
No Game No Life
One-Punch Man
Overlord
Re: Creators
Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Shokugeki no Soma (seasons 1, 2 & 3)
Sword Art Online (seasons 1, 2 & Movie)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I didn't like SAO or Log Horizon but i'll check iinto some of those other ones after i look into Made In Abyss & Rage of bahamut.

Thanks my dude

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol alrdy on episode 7, i really like the atmosphere and music/ambience of Made In Abyss

Startin to get spooky

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
You're only about an hour away from being horrified, and another hour away from hating life

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You just have to get past the part of the MC being a total complaining bitch. It happens a lot, but the good of the show FAR outweighs the bad.
This is cultural cuz Japs more readily identify w/ the bitchy mc, cuz they are all just a bunch of complain bitches.

So we suffer w/ weakbread characters b/c these are the types that are more identifiable w/ a Jap audience.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
You're only about an hour away from being horrified, and another hour away from hating life

shit good thing i stopped after 9, right when they get to layer 4. I'll save the trauma for tomorrow haha

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
what's a solid recent-ish series to start?

is made in abyss good? the reviews are super high but i don't know about the kiddy art style lol

i was told to watch Rage of bahamut, confirm/deny?

Made in Abyss will have your feelings all over the place to the point it was un-enjoyable! Yet satisfying.

Here you go. You're in the maternity ward looking thru the glass at all the newborns. You find a baby that in your mind you are saying, "OMG that is the cutest baby I have ever seen"! Then the baby's head explodes. You get baby parts spread all over the glass that slowly slide down. The baby's face remains in tact somehow as it hits the window, and sticks there not sliding like the rest. You're horrified of course, but as that baby's face is stuck there smiling, you think it's still kinda cute as tears roll from it's eyes. It's kinda like that.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Per the torrent I grabbed - "The first episode received an early screening at a special event held at United Cinema Aqua City Odaiba on 17.12.2017, as well as an early broadcast on AbemaTV on 30.12.2017. Regular broadcasting begins on January 9, 2018." Still wanna re-watch season 1 before I dive into it though.

Finished with Nanatsu no Taizai, so good. For all that fighting and power though, they sure do have a hard time actually killing most people. Now I just gotta find the OVA's and such that aren't in Russian...

Gowther is best girl.
Wtf? Diane is best girl.

What will season 2 of Nanatsu cover from the manga?

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I genuinenly didn't know how it could be 'fucked up', but that left me feeling similar to how it feels watching requiem for a dream for the first time.

Jesus christ that was a wild ride, but fantastic.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I genuinenly didn't know how it could be 'fucked up', but that left me feeling similar to how it feels watching requiem for a dream for the first time.

Jesus christ that was a wild ride, but fantastic.
Just think, there will be a Season 2 next Winter (I think)... that is going really messed up.

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This Shokugeki no soma show is incredible. A fucking anime about cooking and I’m all invested. Cracks my ass up. Resubbed to Crunchyroll so I just binge at work. Guess Made in Abyss is next.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I genuinenly didn't know how it could be 'fucked up'
Somehow I'm envious, because after many seasons of anime I got a bit jaded. Especially after Higurashi. That one was a super slow buildup and pure messing with your expectations over and over again, resulting in some rocket grade nightmare fuel.

Also, it's time:
nanachi-popteamepic.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
This Shokugeki no soma show is incredible. A fucking anime about cooking and I’m all invested. Cracks my ass up. Resubbed to Crunchyroll so I just binge at work. Guess Made in Abyss is next.

I had no idea there was a season 3 already, i need to go watch that ASAP. I love that show lol

I started Rage of Bahamut last night to cleanse myself of that despair from MiA, seems pretty neat. The animation style is very nice and quite detailed, i think i'll go finish Food Wars first though now that i know theres a newer season i missed!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone else having problem putting this thread on their watch list? I can watch other threads, but not this one for some reason.

I had no idea there was a season 3 already, i need to go watch that ASAP. I love that show lol!

There's also 12 more episodes coming next season.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
For all you Amazon Prime members. Just got this email about 20 minutes ago

We have great news: you no longer need a subscription to watch the shows and movies on Anime Strike. All titles are now included with your Prime membership at no additional charge, effective today, in addition to thousands more movies and TV shows. There is no action needed on your part—we’ve automatically canceled your recurring subscription for you.

They automatically cancelled my Anime Strike sub because Amazon actually has good customer service, for anyone who has Anime Strike already.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
For all you Amazon Prime members. Just got this email about 20 minutes ago

They automatically cancelled my Anime Strike sub because Amazon actually has good customer service, for anyone who has Anime Strike already.

Neat, that saves me some downloading each week

• 1Like