Winter 2018 Anime Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Overlord 2 : Why should I fucking care about those lizard people? I mean, seriously, a whole fucking episode about lizardmen politics?

No shit. This fight with Cocytus and a bunch of undead is just going to go so well for the Lizardmen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
You know, I kinda expect them to be able to mount a good defence and they will end up getting recruited by Ains instead of being turned into undeads.
There is no reason to develop them if they'll just end up as random henchmen in the end.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
It's not that Kiznaiver was bad, it's just that after Inferno Cop and Kill La Kill a lot of people had these weird expectations for what a "Trigger" anime is supposed to be.

Trigger experiments a lot, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Just watch "Turning Girls" on the Anime Bancho channel on Youtube. That's also done by Trigger, where they basically rounded up the female staff (like, the cleaning lady) and let them shitpost an anime together:

Kiznaiver was horrendous, I gave it up after 4 episodes.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Kiznaiver was horrendous, I gave it up after 4 episodes.
This was the right move. I think 90% of the reason I kept watching is because I liked the intro. The other 10% was Nico.

On the subject of Trigger, Space Patrol Luluco. I don't really have anything to say about it, but I feel like it doesn't get enough love. Plus its like ~2hrs total, so its a quick watch.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Are yall forgetting that Little Witch Academia was their latest big show?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
1516234641804.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
These two are "sisters" in the lightest sense of the word.

"Wild" blonde chick and her mother move to a new town after her mother marries some new hot shot business man. Blonde girl starts attending a new school, and meets the president of the rules committee. Turns out, this girl that always follows the rules is her step-sister... I think. She's the daughter of the new husband, but it doesn't actually state that the mother adopted her. And the rules committee girl (15) is already engaged to one of her teachers, who is seen making out with her. Blonde girl asks about that once they're back home, so the rules girl gives her a kiss saying something like "you were asking for it."

And that's Citrus. The way I wrote it is shit, but the show itself is amusing. I don't hate it.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
beautiful episode of magus bride. God i fucking love this show.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The 2nd episode of Death March kara was as good as the first. This is another "stuck in the game" type of show. But it's kind of a cross between Overlord & Log Horizon. The guy is way beyond OP because he cheated the system at first with items and gave himself a level that other people could never possibly get to. As a result, he seems to have unlimited talent points, and is dumping them into every skill he acquires along the way.

EDIT: Oh, I'm also getting a slight Harem style vibe. Maybe not, but maybe at the same time. And thinking a little more, the story is similar to the "Trapped with my Smart Phone" anime.

And by that I mean an OP main character and a relatively happy story.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
EDIT: Oh, I'm also getting a slight Harem style vibe. Maybe not, but maybe at the same time. And thinking a little more, the story is similar to the "Trapped with my Smart Phone" anime.
No, it's a SoL cooking/traveling story. He gets a harem full of underage lolis (some of them thirsty as fuck), but treats them all as daughters and goes to older "professional onee-sans" for sexual relief. Also, he does all the OP stuff behind the scenes to not attract attention.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, it's a SoL cooking/traveling story. He gets a harem full of underage lolis (some of them thirsty as fuck), but treats them all as daughters and goes to older "professional onee-sans" for sexual relief. Also, he does all the OP stuff behind the scenes to not attract attention.
It would be refreshing to see a MC actually go get some snu-snu, rather than remain blue-balled while being surrounded by his harem.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is it boring for you? The latest few just bored me to tears, it's the worst sao-clone I'm

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
is it boring for you? The latest few just bored me to tears, it's the worst sao-clone I'm
No, it's more a relaxing and comfy show you watch for the world building, like Flying Witch.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
lol, Darling in the Franxx is one huge sexual allegory.

Though I sure hope this whole MC has a floppy dick arc won't be too long.
That other pilot was also annoying as fuck.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Darling felt like a step backward to me, hope it gets past the little love drama quick. Magus bride was good again, I think I can honestly that there hasn't been a bad episode in that entire series.

• 1Like