Winter 2021 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Genre: Animation, Drama, Comedy, Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2021-01-10

Cast: Yumi Uchiyama, Ai Kayano, Ai Kakuma, Konomi Kohara, Lynn, Toshiyuki Morikawa, Hisako Kanemoto, Daisuke Namikawa, Tomokazu Sugita

Overview: The story follows a 34-year-old man who is killed after trying to save someone from getting hit by a car. He soon finds himself reincarnated in a magical world as Rudeus Greyrat, except that he gets his whole life reset, starting as a baby. With all of his knowledge from his previous life, and a new heaping helping of magical ability, Rudeus quickly becomes a formidable warrior ready for adventure. Oh, and he's still a total pervert.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

winter-2021.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I want the thread image to be

PS - Thanks! You're very active today.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Done. Managed to salvage your first post. Best to put the charts in a 2nd post so it doesn't get borked when we add show info.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

of course you would

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Shitload of stuff to watch this season. True Cooking Master Boy S2 though... that's gonna rock.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't Mushoku Tensei the original isekai novel? Yet didn't get a manga or anime til a decade later?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, everything looks great now. Thanks Denamian Denamian

Anyway, the new season of Anime is almost upon us. It really felt like this season flew past.

The biggest show new show that I'm looking for is one that the Trailer came out October '19. I liked it so much that I read all 25 volumes of the Light Novel, and it was fantastic.

They dropped a 2nd trailer way back in July, so here is that trailer as well.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wasn't Mushoku Tensei the original isekai novel? Yet didn't get a manga or anime til a decade later?
naw it's recent as hell

isekai imo comes in "batches" the oldest i remember is like fushigi yugi, escaflowne, el hazard 90s

i'm sure other ppl remember older shit

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks to be a solid season. AoT, RE:Zero, Dr. Stone, Promised Neverland, Log Horizon, Mushoku Tensei for sure. Maybe Slime and Spider as well.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My list for this season is going to be HUGE.

Jujutsu Kaisen - Might as well continue this one.
Attack on Titan - Ditto
That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime - LOVED the first season. I'm glad to see that it's back.
Re: Zero - Yup, that's a keeper.
Promised Neverland - Season 1 was good. Pretty dark shit, but I liked it.
Log Horizon - Season 3! Fuck yeah. I hope the animation quality resumes where season 1 left off, instead of following in season 2's footsteps.
Mushoku Tensei - It's going to be an amazing ride.
Seven Deadly Sins - I didn't know this was getting a new season. Nice.
Redo of Healer - Looks like another Isekai series. I'll give it a shot.
So I'm a Spider, So What? - Another Isekai. It'll probably be in the Slime category, but why not.
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town - Ok, long ass name, but I'll give it a shot. Sounds like another Isekai.
Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki - Another Isakai! Haha, I'll try this as well.
Umamusume: Pretty Derby - The horse girls are back for season 2. I oddly liked season 1, so why not?
Wave!! Surfing Yappe!! - I doubt I'll like it, but I live in Hawaii and haven't tried surfing yet. Maybe this will get me interested.

Ok, that's enough for me.

Malkav

French Madman
Beat me to the post once again.

Pro-tip for next time, Livechart already has a great image format to avoid doing multiple screenshots. Just click on the picture icon to the right of "TV, OAVs, Movies, All".

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh, that would rule. Thanks. Sorry that I seem to jump the gun. I only thought about putting it up because a lot of the current season is already over (as of this week).

EDIT: Ok, that's much better. Changing the post that has the chart.

Malkav

French Madman
Oh, that would rule. Thanks. Sorry that I seem to jump the gun. I only thought about putting it up because a lot of the current season is already over (as of this week).

Haha no worries, been too busy lately lately to think about doing it, so your post is welcome. :)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Looks to be a solid season. AoT, RE:Zero, Dr. Stone, Promised Neverland, Log Horizon, Mushoku Tensei for sure. Maybe Slime and Spider as well.
i'd say this the most bestest season in recent memory

imo, the best sleeper hit will be spider girl

Malkav

French Madman
Glad to see Slime and Log Horizon returning.

Also, Cells at Work, and Cells at Work : BLACK at the same time. The second one should be entertaining, it's basically Cells at Work but in a fucked up body (stressed drinking sleep deprived chain smoker).

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This is seriously looking like the most stuff I will have ever watched in a single season. At least 10 must watch, and another 10-15 that look really fucking good too. And I wasn't joking about True Master Cooking Boy S2. S1 was awesome, been looking forward to this.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database