Winter 2022 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Love of Kill

Genre: Animation, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2022-01-13

Cast: Saori Onishi, Hiro Shimono, Kenyu Horiuchi, Kohei Amasaki, Tomoaki Maeno, Hochu Otsuka, Ayumu Murase, Masakazu Morita, Yoko Hikasa

Overview: She's a professional hitman. And he…is also a professional hitman. And she's his target. Caught in a deadly game of cat and mouse, will she fall first…or will he?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Could Amod Amod please rename this "Winter 2022 Anime Thread"?

winter-2022.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Could Amod Amod please rename this "Winter 2022 Anime Thread"?
This notification never popped up , either granularity or it was edited in, they don't show when added. Either way thread title fixed, apologies for the delay.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I typed @ amod together when making the thread, just like I'm doing now. It doesn't actually look like anything at first, but after I hit "Post topic" it became the regular Amod Amod link.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I typed @ amod together when making the thread, just like I'm doing now. It doesn't actually look like anything at first, but after I hit "Post topic" it became the regular Amod Amod link.

It doesn't look like you edited it in either, as there is no edit history for your post. Guess we can chalk it up to a random glitch, as I did get this one.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, Demon Slayer is continuing with the coming season. That's good.
JoJo Stone Oceean... I have no idea, but I'll give it a shot. Girl in jail gets a pendant that unlocks "powers" in her. No idea, but whatever.
The Irregular is back for yet another series. I think it's another starting point, but no idea yet.
Tabi Hani should be good for the tourists among us.
Leadale - Another stuck in a game type. Maybe.
Shikkakumon - Looks like another Isekai. Again, maybe.
Genjitsu - This was the Isekai series where the guy becomes the king and revitalizes the nation with his Isekai knowledge. It was decent, and it's back.
Tensai - Idiot lord auctions his town off and shit goes wrong. It's a dumb idea, but may be enjoyable.
Fantasy Bishoujo - Another Isekai. 2 old dudes are summoned to a new world. One becomes a pretty young girl, the other remains an old dude. They have to stop a demon king to get back. Looks dumb, but again, it may be enjoyable.
Bofuri season 2 - Hell yeah.
Eien no 831 - No idea, but the art style in the picture of the crosswalk looks good. The synopsis doesn't do anything for me, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
Platinum End is continuing. Good.

Jujutsu Kaisen movie.
Two Fate/ movies.
A new Hero Academia movie.

Pretty big list, but I'll give every new episode a watch and see what I actually like.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Watched mobile suit gundam Hathaway.

Id seen tiny snippets of gundam stuff in the 90s, and also macross stuff. Just never got the whole experience.

But with modern art, fuck did the fight scenes in the city in Hathaway blow me away. Like give me more now.

Was wondering if someone could give me a list of what order to watch everything gundam on netflix.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Watched mobile suit gundam Hathaway.

Id seen tiny snippets of gundam stuff in the 90s, and also macross stuff. Just never got the whole experience.

But with modern art, fuck did the fight scenes in the city in Hathaway blow me away. Like give me more now.

Was wondering if someone could give me a list of what order to watch everything gundam on netflix.

Not sure what Netflix has, but for the main UC timeline you can either start with the original series or The Origin. The original series is pretty damn rough to get in to, I would suggest trying the 3 compilation movies.

The bare bones of the UC shows would be:

1: Mobile Suit Gundam
2: Zeta Gundam
3: Gundam ZZ
4: Char's Counterattack
5 (or 1): The Origin (OVAs or series)
6: Hathaway

Zeta and ZZ have compilation movie versions (A New Translation) that clean up some of the old animation.

After that you have Unicorn and Narrative, which wraps up the UC timeline.

There are some good side stories like Thunderbolt and 08th MS Team.

Of the alternate universe shows, Iron Blooded Orphans is on Netflix and is an absolute must watch. Completely standalone series, fucking brutal.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wtithout watching all of it, I like imagining it as a more violent the expanse. I've certainly been lost on why you have hordes of mechs to me, but then you suddenly have similar looking ones that are gundams and therefore god mode. Limited resources and harder to make? Like watching Hathaway, I thought the early fights as mobile as they were, were gundams. (I vaguely recall much more slow paced robo's being your ghetto tank suits in the old stuff?)

Shame, I'm supposed to be working on Arcane and other stuff.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this new Bleach arc the about the Quincy "king" wrecking everyone and taking over Soul Society?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The new Irregular at Magic High School show started, but it's taking place 4 years earlier, before high school age. And the brother and sister don't seem to like each other at first.
1 hour, 11 minutes.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched four shows today:
Leadale - best of the bunch, but doesn't seem amazing.
Hakozume - didn't get past the first few minutes.
Tokyo 24 - Lame.
Orient - Even more lame.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database