Winter 2023 Anime Thread

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you gave up on Handyman Saitou early on like I did, it gets a lot more interesting later, with a more continuous story. So many twists and turns.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
If you gave up on Handyman Saitou early on like I did, it gets a lot more interesting later, with a more continuous story. So many twists and turns.

So you......didn't give up on it. Good man.

1 hour AOT episode, you know what time it is American Inventors.

IT'S GENOCIDE TIME.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I kind of like Eminence of Shadow. Only because the whole thing where he is just making shit up for lulz like a LARP within a LARP is pretty amusing.

He is an absolute psycho though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I binged that. Eminence of Shadow is like... extremely elaborate satire of multiple genres or I am just going insane.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Okay I binged that. Eminence of Shadow is like... extremely elaborate satire of multiple genres or I am just going insane.
It’s so cringe it can be entertaining. It’s definitely an unusual show. I’m not sure it’s intended to be a satire, but the main characters obsession with not being a main character certainly makes it come off like one at times.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eminence is genre satire that refuses to admit to being satire, which is probably the only reason the show worked. Playing it straight the entire time and never stopping to wink at the audience like satire typically does, still being completely serious when you're introducing a villain named Perv Asshat or when the main character names his secret persona Mundane Mann.

Taking itself so seriously is part of the inexplicable magic of the show. Cause like I said earlier I sure as hell couldn't tell you what I actually liked about the show but I still watched the whole thing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I began to get suspicious when I was all. Is this a harem anime? Oh it is... but wait it isn't. Wait he has multiple harems somehow? He's seemingly ignorant of both of them? He doesn't seem to give a single shit or even be cognizant of these relatively well done plot reveals about the cult of diablos that the rest of the characters are freaking out about. He super OP but they don't even spend 30 seconds explaining why.

They totally bait and switched the first female character before he got reincarnated which made me lol.

He also wants to be this minor background character but does everythign possible to live through his favorite fantasy tropes like being a dark horse in a tournament for no reason.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh god MHA yesterday...how the FUCK did I not catch this right away?

When I first watched I just thought 'oh no All Might will need to be rescued from some random villain' but upon closer inspection that's not some random villain!!!

Also he never tripped Deku's danger sense which is either a plot-hole you could drive a truck of peace through or, considering that in his own twisted way he venerates All Might as much as Deku does, perhaps he had no malicious intent to set off danger sense in the first place.

1678056585409.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Handyman saitou is some funny shit. It's all over the place and you'll probably scratch your head going wtf for the first couple episodes, but it really pulls things together, while somehow managing to stay all over the place at the same time.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Handyman saitou is some funny shit. It's all over the place and you'll probably scratch your head going wtf for the first couple episodes, but it really pulls things together, while somehow managing to stay all over the place at the same time.

Gintama would be the best comparison I can think of.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started the Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess... but I might have to drop it. It's really boring and not even very funny. The show somehow makes lesbo princesses not very appealing.

Last edited:

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Started the Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess... but I might have to drop it. It's really boring and not even very funny. The show somehow makes lesbo princesses not very appealing.
i like it, the MC reminds me of Chisato. I find it enjoyable.

I gotta say tho this season is awesome with the wide variety of shit it brings out that just hit the right notes.

Tomo chan is some of the funniest shit.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Mountains of Madness (HP Lovecraft) anime. I came.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That MHA episode smelled lIke onions to me.
Very predictable, quite feels inducing anyway. Heroic chosen one or not, Midoriya needs a reminder that he's still a kid. Oh and the episode kinda slips it in there on the sly but Shoto has some flight capability now.

Probably gonna be nothing but feels for the rest of the season given that it's only two episodes unless they want to be dicks and end it on a cliffhanger, but that would be a first. We're so close to the end, I wonder if they're gonna cram all that's left into a single season or if they'll draw it out into two, or maybe one and a half + OVAs or something.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This MHA arc is really weird to me. I thought it was going to have him be a kind of wandering hero thing or something but this... isn't that.