Winter 2023 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Stain was the best 'vilain' of them all tbh. That scene where he confronts the hero and they just freeze there was just so well done.
I do really enjoy the philosophical aspect of it.

Over time without a truly evil threat like All For One and an extremely effective and charismatic hero like All Might eroded the quality of heroes and villains across the board. It's all corporate and money and other fake shit just to keep society stable. While society being stable is good it ended up corrupting idealistic types like Stain and Nagant. The existence of Final Boss Demon Lord Shigaraki would naturally force pussy heroes out of the game and force resolute powerhouses to emerge. Trimming off the weak.

Neat concept for the bloated Superhero genre.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I do really enjoy the philosophical aspect of it.

Over time without a truly evil threat like All For One and an extremely effective and charismatic hero like All Might eroded the quality of heroes and villains across the board. It's all corporate and money and other fake shit just to keep society stable. While society being stable is good it ended up corrupting idealistic types like Stain and Nagant. The existence of Final Boss Demon Lord Shigaraki would naturally force pussy heroes out of the game and force resolute powerhouses to emerge. Trimming off the weak.

Neat concept for the bloated Superhero genre.
Social Darwinism makes for good entertainment in fiction.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not trying to be redundant here since I've said this before, but Trigun Stampede is simply great. So good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
If the Heroes fought OFA / Shiragaki with the intent to kill, this would be a short anime. I had thought the last arc was going to introduce someone with an absurd quirk, then kill them, but it looks like it'll be this arc.

and that is why Invincible > MHA!

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So if Goblin Slayer is the only thing I've liked in the last half decade of anime, is there anything else out I can watch that isn't just nonsense harem fanservice?

The fantasy aspect is super sweet, but every random thing I try devolves in to comparing boob sizes and collecting elf waifus within 2 episodes.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bofuri 1st season is wholesome fun. Waiting to get all of season 2 before binging. After taking meds to keep me alive through the sugar spikes of sweetness and wholesome goodness.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So if Goblin Slayer is the only thing I've liked in the last half decade of anime, is there anything else out I can watch that isn't just nonsense harem fanservice?

The fantasy aspect is super sweet, but every random thing I try devolves in to comparing boob sizes and collecting elf waifus within 2 episodes.

Attack on Titan
Jujutsu Kaizen
Demon Slayer

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Attack on Titan
Jujutsu Kaizen
Demon Slayer

To add;
Chainsaw Man
Bleach 1000 Year
Golden Kamuy
Shield Hero
Blade of the Immortal- dark as fuck.
DanMachi- the last season especially has a lot of death but is closer to fan service in some ways.

Every last one of these has fantastic action and some show a lot of death. Ronne, I think you've either watched the wrong anime or just don't like the genre.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
this plus the first season of Vinland saga

Ah yea I forgot about Vinland. First season was great, but I got a couple episodes in to season 2 and...nothing is happening? Thorfin is sad and works on a farm? Does it ever get any better?

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Trigun Stampede, though its sci-fi and cgi (cgi is superb though).

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ah yea I forgot about Vinland. First season was great, but I got a couple episodes in to season 2 and...nothing is happening? Thorfin is sad and works on a farm? Does it ever get any better?
Vinland Saga is a great story but if you mean does it ever go back to the bitching blood-soaked madness of season 1, the answer is no. The rest of the story is about Thorfinn paying the price for his self-indulgent cowardice.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the few episodes I watched of S2 weren't BAD, just...nothing like the first season and felt kinda boring by comparison.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Yea the few episodes I watched of S2 weren't BAD, just...nothing like the first season and felt kinda boring by comparison.
It gets worse as the story progresses. Never been able to finish the manga.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Askeladd really carried the show. Who here even gave a fuck about Thorfinn when you were watching S1?

• 2Solidarity

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Campfire cooking is probably my favorite relaxing show this season.

suiPewPew.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That image makes me think that he is dicking the slime.

Now I wonder what dicking a slime would be like.

• 1WTF