Winter 2024 Anime Thread

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh look it's like, that exact same scene from the beginning of SAO.

Regardless, i'll be watching Solo Leveling. Looks like good shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Fluffy Paradise is exactly what it sounds like it is. I enjoyed it. Very wholesome. Many fluffies. Not furries, fluffies.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
From last week, but whatever.

1704599384625.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sweet, Mashle is back... and lmao I love this intro. If solo leveling matches the hype, saturdays are gonna be pretty dope.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I've cooled off on Shangri La - its just okay. It had a ton of potential but it seems highly wasted on tropes. There is little advancement in each episode, in fact its like a glorified Log Horizon of sorts. Sunraku is the only interesting character outside of the boss Bunny. His two friends are whatever, the story is whatever, they didnt capitalize on his battle with the wolf, in fact all its done is left him uninteresting and giving us 2 min of the town and people commenting on his looks every episode. Then we're stuck seeing him in other games that have nothing to do with the main game.

its down to a 6 or 6.5 out of 10

Oh wait that arena shit he did in bunny land was cool but unfortunately its one of the few cool things since the wolf encounter.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I agree. I really liked the first couple of episodes so I found the web novel and read ahead a bit. I really stopped caring and gave up around this time also, right after beating this undead cowboy boss guy.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've cooled off on Shangri La - its just okay. It had a ton of potential but it seems highly wasted on tropes. There is little advancement in each episode, in fact its like a glorified Log Horizon of sorts. Sunraku is the only interesting character outside of the boss Bunny. His two friends are whatever, the story is whatever, they didnt capitalize on his battle with the wolf, in fact all its done is left him uninteresting and giving us 2 min of the town and people commenting on his looks every episode. Then we're stuck seeing him in other games that have nothing to do with the main game.

its down to a 6 or 6.5 out of 10

Oh wait that arena shit he did in bunny land was cool but unfortunately its one of the few cool things since the wolf encounter.
I agree, it seems to be floundering in uninteresting stuff. Don't really care about the chick who has a crush on him.. at all. Remove that aspect of the anime and nothing would be lost. It would have been more interesting if they had known each other in some other way, and have it be a surprise that she was so good in the god tier game.

Anyway. First episode of Solo was really good, someone mentioned there was a lot of cgi? I didn't notice much at all, if any, you'd have to really look for it or be irrationally against its use to have an issue. The added stuff that introduced the future characters was well done. A-1 Studios is doing alright with it so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Started watching Berserk with a friend of mine. Fifth anime I've ever watched (DBZ, Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, this).

It was either Berserk or Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA didn't do anything for me after a few episodes. Berserk is pretty awesome though. Seeing tons of similarities with Fromsoft games.

Watching the OG Berserk show which is, I think, from the 90's. Basically Fromsoft: The Anime. I highly recommend it for other From-heads who haven't seen it.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Started watching Berserk with a friend of mine. Fifth anime I've ever watched (DBZ, Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, this).

It was either Berserk or Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA didn't do anything for me after a few episodes. Berserk is pretty awesome though. Seeing tons of similarities with Fromsoft games.

Watching the OG Berserk show which is, I think, from the 90's. Basically Fromsoft: The Anime. I highly recommend it for other From-heads who haven't seen it.
depends WHICH fma you watch, there are 2 pick the correct one

velk

Trakanon Raider
Solo Levelling - eh, it was ok, but pretty formulaic. will watch a few more to see if it picks up.

Delicious in Dungeon - WTF ? Well, can't complain about it being unoriginal I guess - was entertaining despite the crazy.

Chained Soldier - aka "Cuck: the anime". This is a no unless I get really bored I think.

Wrong Way to Use Healing - mildly funny, some potential there.

Sasaki and Peeps - this is a yes. Who can complain about using interdimensional travel to get a decent meal or a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed ? ;p I look forward to the epic disaster that is going to be him trying to launder money on the earth side.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Fluffy Paradise ep 2 has solidified this as a definite watch for this season.
Solo Leveling - Slow start, but all in either way, the manhwa was a total banger.
Frieren - Onion ninjas multiplying.
Mashle - So dumb it's great.
Apothecary Diaries - Loving it. MC is my kind of weirdo.
SLF - Not sure where they are going with this. Still has some momentum from the start, but it needs to start going places. <3 Emul

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Watched apothecary over the last few days, seeing some of you liked it. It's good, but it feels like it's a remake of Saiunkoku Monogatari. Which was great, though.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Delicious in Dungeon - WTF ? Well, can't complain about it being unoriginal I guess - was entertaining despite the crazy.

I’m getting campfire cooking vibes from this show. That was an S-tier show that took a few episodes to fully hit its stride. If the show can kinda pull off the same mix of action and mega chill it’ll probably be a winner, so I’m definitely sticking with it.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is this some sort of cooking show season? Tis time for torture has caught my off guard.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy is back - gotta ignore it till its over so i can enjoy the binge along with solo leveling.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy is back - gotta ignore it till its over so i can enjoy the binge along with solo leveling.
I completely missed the first season, so I am enjoying that now. I love the manga.