Winter 2024 Anime Thread

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
fluffy paradise normalizing possession and eating ze bugs
possessed GIF

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Watched Frieren based on the praise here, this show is an enjoyable watch. I can't say exactly what it is, but it hits on multiple levels. It was a bit misleading reading through here, I thought the season was going to be ending at episode 24 so I wouldn't have to wait, woops, now I'm on the weekly drip.

Getting a bit of Hellsing vibes in the sense that, whatever happens, Frieren will power up and unleash whatever next level she has.

I also think it is going to be a real missed opportunity if shadow clone Frieren is not taken out by a mimic.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watched Frieren based on the praise here, this show is an enjoyable watch. I can't say exactly what it is, but it hits on multiple levels. It was a bit misleading reading through here, I thought the season was going to be ending at episode 24 so I wouldn't have to wait, woops, now I'm on the weekly drip.

Getting a bit of Hellsing vibes in the sense that, whatever happens, Frieren will power up and unleash whatever next level she has.

I also think it is going to be a real missed opportunity if shadow clone Frieren is not taken out by a mimic.
That would be a bit on the nose, tongue in cheek kind of cute/funny. Though, I kind of want to see them all devise some real tricky shit instead. The hair fighter person, cant think of "its" name - that seems just as dangerous some kind of way.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lulu's voice cast needs a raise, that annoying as Ga Ga Pi is successfully annoying to the point i could imagine some child sounding like that.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Whoever said something about The Weakest Tamer screw you. Now when I'm working I watch the latest episode knowing full well it's for 3yos. So stupid. It is nice to know that there are cartoons made with simple themes for the grandkids.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Whoever said something about The Weakest Tamer screw you. Now when I'm working I watch the latest episode knowing full well it's for 3yos. So stupid. It is nice to know that there are cartoons made with simple themes for the grandkids.
Sometimes those kinda simple kids animes are nice to watch. They tend to be pretty chill and simple watches.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lmfao I'm a couple episodes behind but THIS is a big part of why Frieren is so good. The one major anime trope the show didn't avoid was the overpowered protagonist but they do such a good job undercutting that with humor on top of stuff like Fern being able to cast faster.

1709313121238.png

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Wow, another typical Frieren episode. By that I mean up to a very high standard, amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This week's Ishura was good shit. I like the strategizing, if you wanna call it that. Entertaining episode.

• 1Like

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Only 3, that's a shame, with that count I doubt they will even make it through (or even start) the last mage test. I was at least hoping for some resolution on that front.

It is odd to watch Denken sometimes. His style, voice actor, and mannerisms would all make me think he's a baddy in any other show. In this one, he seems like a pretty pragmatic dude. I was a fan of the good ole fashion "Aren't you a man?" settle this with fisticuffs approach.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Them stopping Frieren after this trial is a good spot. In a year or three after Squenix gets the manga through current arc or to an ending then they will have enough material for another full season.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ring King is good enough as a trash anime. My singular complaint (aside from another soy boy MC) is the random scenes where it shows movement. The ground NEVER matches the speed. Feet are constantly sliding over the surface instead of being fixed in one location.

• 1Like