Witcher 3

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Silent protagonist is dead. Fallout 4 is going with a voice over actor for the main character. Nail in the coffin brosef.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Silent protagonist is dead. Fallout 4 is going with a voice over actor for the main character. Nail in the coffin brosef.
Not really the same thing imo. Part of the whole "Silent Protagonist" is they are generally a blank slate personality-wise that allows the player to form their own mythos around that avatar. It's not just about having a voice actor there to voice a bunch of neutral lines. I personally enjoy both styles, sometimes I want a Witcher 3 type of story told to me while I play and sometimes I want a Fallout style story that I can form instead.

Sulrn

Deuces
Using a Bethesda game as reasoning to end a conversation about story telling makes me laugh.

Thank you for the smile.
smile.png

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
This game has such a fucking great soundtrack.

This little gem is my absolute favourite:

And

This plays throughout the game many times, but it hits the hardest at the masterful Empress ending.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I picked it up for 30 on steam today, should I go ahead and pony up the 25 for the expansion? Are the content or gameplay expansions? Would it enhance my playthough?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the DLC that's out so far isn't the only planned one I don't think, so its probably worth it to go ahead and grab the season pass.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is one more coming in Feb/March or something next year. Don't quote me on the when, but the 2nd part of the DLC is supposedly the larger chunk. The one that has already been released is already sizable (10-12'ish hours or so).

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
So I picked it up for 30 on steam today, should I go ahead and pony up the 25 for the expansion? Are the content or gameplay expansions? Would it enhance my playthough?
You've waited this long might as well play through the game and grab the DLC if you want it down the road. IIRC the DLC is level 30 or something anyway.

don't forget to download the free DLCs as well, eg the alternate looks for Ciri, Triss and Yen, couple of new quests and gear sets (Wolf school), some neutral gwent cards, finisher animations and new game+

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The DLC is lvl 30+, which are levels you are going to reach when you finish the basic game, there are some QoL improvements, but the basic game is almost too big on its own. That said, if you are going to enjoy the basic game, you will definitely enjoy the DLC too since it's more of the same.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
W3 will undoubtedly be THE GOTY - im just glad they didnt bump heads with DAI last year. Did anything else come out this year close to as good as W3?

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fanboys will say Fallout 4, but I think W3 is indisputably GOTY. MGS4 is also wildly popular, and could rank among the top 10 easily, but I still think W3 is miles ahead of everything else.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh FO4 was no way comparable to the greatness of W3 - Fuck even using console commands i couldnt find any actual fun in playing it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
MSGV has a lot of raving fanboys, but I heard the ending was nowhere nearly as good.

I don't think anyone can pretend Fallout 4 is anywhere near W3 territory when it comes to quality and the yearly iterations of CoD/Battlefield are getting boring. Ass Creed wasn't as bad as Unity, but not really impressive. Pillars of Eternity came out last year, right ? The last SC2 expansion was pretty good, but didn't have as much impact. GW2 expansion came out, but I haven't heard much good news from people not playing it 24/7

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Metal gear was so over rated. Those faggot's reused so many areas fans of the series are fucking blind.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Witcher 3 > Bloodborne > Fallout 4 > MGSV
This looks about right; W3 and Bloodborne are nearly tied for me but was very surprised with how much I ended up enjoying W3. Wasn't exactly a huge fanboy of the first two Witcher games but loved the 3rd.

Sulrn

Deuces
I had a lot more fun playing MGS5 (the only MGS I've played/purchased) than FO4. You guys are haters.
frown.png

Also looking forward to how the MGSonline works out next quarter.