Witcher 3

Gator

Molten Core Raider
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...on-out-may-31/

This expansion pack is an old-school add on with 20 hours of new adventures, where players will travel to the land of Toussaint...Toussaint is different from anything we ever did in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Sunny and beautiful, it?s almost a fantasy land straight out of a fairytale.

Playstation Blog flicker stream with a handful of photos of the x-pac.The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Blood and Wine | Flickr - Photo Sharing!One of the photos reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's the official trailer but polygon has a longer play through.

I hope I can score a 1070 for this as my 660 is getting long in the tooth. I also need to level my Geralt a couple of levels for the expansion.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So I just started playing Hearts of Stone since Blood and Wine comes out soon. Messing around with this runewright dude, and what the hell? Where in the fuck do you find anything related to glyphs of warding? Haven't found anything in the game, can't find jack shit online either.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty sure you have to pay the rune guy money to unlock the glyphs and different tiers. I think I ended up spending like 45k to unlock everything. Not sure why they went with that mechanic. It's a bit strange to have a such a large money sink in a non mmo game... Seems like cdpr went the lazy route instead of having different quests. Kinda stupid as you end up running out of mobs to kill very quick. In fact I had to keep meditating for some spider mobs to respawn in order to reach level 39 as I had done all the quests in the expansion and was still 38. CDPR really fucked up on the leveling curve in the game.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished Hearts of Stone tonight and hit 39 exploring a few last waypoints in the north east. Good story. Can't wait for the next one. Should be able to finish my armor and get get the rest of my potions to superior before then.

Vorph

CDPR really fucked up on the leveling curve in the game.
Going to start a new game when Blood and Wine is out, and I'll definitely be using a mod to force quests to always give xp. No way in hell I'm playing the game again the way I did the first time, running from one end of the map to the other constantly just to make sure I did all the quests in the correct order by level.

Vorph

Sounds like the mods I mentioned may not be necessary at all for replaying the game after the release of Blood and Wine. Enemy scaling is definitely being added, and it sounds like quest scaling is in as well. I read a review of Blood and Wine (which gave it a 10/10) that said that the expansion is intended for level 34 or so, which makes no sense to me when HoS started at like 32 and most people finished it at around 39-40. Seems like the scaling stuff is definitely going to be needed if you don't want the expansion to be just as trivial as the vanilla game was at release even on Death March.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Pretty sure you have to pay the rune guy money to unlock the glyphs and different tiers. I think I ended up spending like 45k to unlock everything. Not sure why they went with that mechanic. It's a bit strange to have a such a large money sink in a non mmo game... Seems like cdpr went the lazy route instead of having different quests. Kinda stupid as you end up running out of mobs to kill very quick. In fact I had to keep meditating for some spider mobs to respawn in order to reach level 39 as I had done all the quests in the expansion and was still 38. CDPR really fucked up on the leveling curve in the game.
I already paid him for the unlocks, I'm talking about some of the subcomponents in order to make the super glyphs. For the auto-quen armor glyph you need a glyph of warding. I've never seen one of these fucking anywhere.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blood and wine unlocks in a couple of hours according to steam. Think I will purchase a 970 and will call it tomorrow at newegg so I can play with a decent frame rate.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Patch 1.20 change log

With Patch 1.20 we introduce a number of improvements to the base game and Hearts of Stone, including a major HUD overhaul and additional menu options. We've also implemented a number of fixes like the missing interaction from chests in quest titled 'Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear' and more! You'll find the full list of changes below:

IMPROVEMENTS
Adds book titled 'A Miraculous Guide to Gwent' which displays number of gwent cards missing from player's base-game collection and information on where to find them, thus facilitating completion of achievement titled Collect 'Em All. Tome in question can be obtained either from gwent playing scholar in Prologue or from merchant near St. Gregory's Bridge in Gildorf district of Novigrad.
Adds option to display herb names above available interactions.
Adds option in Options/Gameplay to enable enemy level upscaling. If foes are too easy to defeat due to level difference, upscaling will render them a challenge. Change will not affect experience point gain, loot, or quest rewards. Option can be enabled or disabled at any time, even during combat (however, Vitality/Essence of foes is then fully restored).
Adds option in Options/Gameplay to disable automatic drawing and sheathing of sword.
Increases incidence of, and thus chances of finding, several monster-based ingredients required for crafting high level alchemy formulae.
Improves Player Statistics panel, adding maneuverable Geralt model. Improves visuals in panel for better readability.
Adds new functionality to books and scrolls. When first collected, they can be read immediately using single button without need of navigating to Inventory panel. All found but not yet read books and scrolls are stored in Quest Items and Other categories. Once read, books and scrolls can be sold as their content is saved in Books section of Glossary.
Improves overall visuals in Character Development panel.
Improves Inventory whereby items are divided into additional subcategories within their grids: weapons and armor; oils, potions and bombs; quest items and others; food and equestrian gear; crafting and alchemy. Additionally, introduces redesign of tooltips enabling their resizing with single button. Also, item comparison is easier than ever given addition of summary of changes in stats.
Improves Inventory navigation when using gamepad. Slots are divided into sections and right stick can be used to jump between them.
Improves Crafting panel in merchant shops. Adds option to purchase missing diagram components directly from Crafting panel when talking to merchant, as well as clearer descriptions and option to resize item descriptions.
Introduces redesign of Repair panel in merchant shops. Adds single button enabling players to repair all equipped items.
Improves Remove Upgrade panel in merchant shops.
Improves Quick Access Menu whereby it can be accessed in one of two modes, with action either paused or slowed depending on button used.
Adds functionality whereby crossbow bolts can be switched via Quick Access Menu rather than being equipped from Inventory.
Adds counter for bombs and crossbow bolts to Quick Access Menu.
Improves region maps by adding pin filtering, more intuitive quest tracking, and a region overview for faster navigation.
Adds three new custom pins allowing players to mark areas for future reference.
Improves Adrenaline Bar which better displays number of stored Adrenaline Points and their status.
Improves display and behavior of Buffs, displayed in more intuitive manner showing time left, strength percentage, stacks, charges, or permanence where applicable. Buff icons now blink for approx. 10 seconds before expiration. For improved visibility, names and exact expiration times for all effects are only visible when Quick Access menu is active.
Changes icons for decoctions, rendering them recognizable at first glance.
Changes icons for oils, rendering them recognizable at first glance.
Changes gwent card icons in shops, rendering factions recognizable at first glance.
Changes icons for mutagens.
Adds feature whereby equipment exceeding player character level can be previewed on character.
Improves sorting in Journal whereby active quest tab is always open and tracked quest is at top of quest list.
Improves quest item visuals so that Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine quest items are now tagged with blue and red exclamation points, respectively.

GWENT
Quest titled Collect 'Em All is now marked as failed if player does not succeed in collecting Milva, Vampire Bruxa and Dandelion gwent cards during gwent tournament in quest titled A Matter of Life and Death.

VISUAL
Fixes PC-specific issue whereby there was no change in appearance between Nvidia Hairworks 3-day beard (stage 2) and full beard (stage 4).
Fixes issue whereby Geralt's clothing was not properly restored after sex scenes.
Fixes visual issue whereby guards holding torches would have inverse kinematics when animated.
Fixes PS4-specific visual issue whereby texture of water puddles would not fade properly.

GAMEPLAY
Updates description of Superior Blizzard potion. Potion now slows time for a short period whenever an enemy is slain. Additionally, during this period actions do not deplete Stamina if 3 Adrenaline Points are available.
Fixes issue whereby indicator for Oil charges would appear incorrectly in New Game Plus mode.
Fixes issue whereby Flood of Anger skill could endlessly increase Sign intensity.
Fixes issue whereby Ciri could be missing her scabbard in certain situations.
Fixes issues whereby damage from Northern Wind bombs could be calculated incorrectly.
Fixes issue whereby pool of experience points would invert to negative value when player reached level 70 cap or used Potion of Clearance.
Fixes PC platform-specific issue whereby only the 'E' key would open Stash chest despite user manually changing relevant key binding.

Hearts of Stone
Fixes issue whereby Rotation Runestone effect would not appear correctly in Hearts of Stone expansion.
Fixes rare issue whereby foliage in Velen and Novigrad would disappear upon completion of Hearts of Stone expansion.
Fixes rare issue whereby a chest in quest titled From Ofier's Distant Shores in the Hearts of Stone expansion would not contain relevant diagrams.
Modifies Vitality cost of Olgierd's Saber to 15% in Hearts of Stone expansion.
Fixes issue whereby trap door in herbalist's hut in Hearts of Stone expansion could not be opened.
Fixes issue whereby bandit camp north of Zuetzer Castle in Hearts of Stone expansion would not gray out correctly.
Fixes issue whereby question mark would not disappear upon exploring Kilkerinn Ruins in Hearts of Stone expansion.
Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled Sword, Famine and Perfidy could not be completed.
Fixes rare issue whereby an infinite loading screen could occur after speaking with Olgierd subsequent to completing all tasks requested by him in Hearts of Stone expansion.
Fixes visual issue involving reflection on river's surface in new location added for Hearts of Stone expansion.

OTHER
Fixes issue whereby Vivaldi could fail to appear in Novigrad.
Fixes issue whereby interaction could be missing from chests containing loot in quest titled Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear.
Fixes rare issue whereby Triss could be rendered immobile in quest titled Now or Never.
Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled Shortcut could not be completed.
Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled Freya Be Praised! could not be completed.
Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled Unlucky's Treasure could not be completed.
Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled 'The Things Men Do For Coin... could not be completed.
Fixes issue whereby treasure hunt titled Temerian Valuables could not be completed.
Fixes issue whereby quest givers for contract quests titled Deadly Delights, Jenny o' the Woods, and Phantom of the Trade Route could occasionally fail to appear.
Fixes issue whereby players could not speak with an NPC in quest titled Novigrad, Closed City.
Fixes issue whereby an ifrit in quest titled Redania's Most Wanted could not be reached.
Fixes issue whereby quest titled Hey, You Wanna Look at My Stuff? could not be completed through interaction with relevant merchant.
Fixes rare issue whereby interaction was inactive on treasure chest in quest titled Take What You Want.
Fixes rare issue whereby, under certain conditions, the Francesca Findabair the Beautiful gwent leader card was not awarded as intended.
Fixes issue whereby a witch hunter in quest titled Novigrad, Closed City could prove immortal.
Fixes issue whereby certain bandits appearing in quest titled Get Junior would have empty health bars.
Fixes rare issue whereby, under certain circumstances, objective titled Gather Allies would fail incorrectly in quest titled The Isle of Mists.
Fixes issue whereby players could not start a New Game Plus despite having completed the game.
Fixes rare issue whereby services provided by master armorers were not unlocked properly.
Fixes issue whereby Sukrus would fail to appear by van Hoorn's warehouse in quest titled Of Swords and Dumplings.
Fixes issue whereby players could not talk with Fergus and complete quest titled Master Armorers.
Fixes issue whereby door to bathhouse could be locked during quest titled Get Junior.
Fixes rare issue whereby forktail in quest titled To Bait a Forktail... could prove immortal.
Fixes issue preventing completion of minor quests titled The Soldier Statuette and The Nobleman Statuette.
Fixes issue whereby two Zoltan gwent cards would appear beneath the Hanged Man's Tree.
Fixes issue whereby players could not complete quest titled Contract: The Griffin from the Highlands if attempted to do so after completing quest titled Master Armorers.
Fixes issue whereby interaction with Roche was impossible in quest titled An Eye for an Eye.
Fixes issue whereby Sigismund Dijkstra gwent card could not be acquired from the Bloody Baron under certain conditions.
Fixes rare issue whereby werewolf could disappear during quest titled Wild At Heart.
Fixes rare issue whereby infinite loading screen could occur during quest titled King's Gambit.
Fixes issue whereby quest giver would fail to appear in quest titled Contract: The Creature from the Oxenfurt Forest.
Fixes issue whereby Kurisu would fail to appear in Freya's Temple during quest titled Taken as a Lass.
Fixes issue whereby interactions were blocked during exploration upon completion of quest titled Disturbance.
Fixes issue whereby cockatrice would appear underground in quest titled Contract: Shrieker.
Fixes rare issue whereby an infinite loading screen cold occur after talking to Avallac'h in quest titled On Thin Ice.
Fixes issue whereby Sven would respawn despite having been killed in quest titled In the Heart of the Woods.

Adds new functionality to books and scrolls. When first collected, they can be read immediately using single button without need of navigating to Inventory panel. All found but not yet read books and scrolls are stored in Quest Items and Other categories. Once read, books and scrolls can be sold as their content is saved in Books section of Glossary.

This should have been added ages ago, but good to see it now.

PS: The HD graphics mod still works with the patch.

The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project at The Witcher 3 Nexus - Mods and community

I installed it, notice no performance hit with it, so see no reason not to add it.

EDIT: The changes they made to the gwent collection also makes you auto fail the collection quest if you load a save where you passed the point where you can get 3 unique cards. Previously I think that quest was just forever active without you really knowing where and if you could get all cards. If you've passed it, I think you will just see the quest update, then fail a second later.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It released early( like 2 days) on Xbox one. I got pretty far into the quest before having to leave for work each day. Very beautiful and fun expansion. It's a must buy for any and all Knights Errant.

Vorph

Heh, the list of bugs being reported over at reddit is as long as the changelog. Think I'll be waiting another patch or two before starting my new game.

I still don't understand why they released an expansion that begins around level 34 when people who completed vanilla + HoS are at least level 40.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Guess I'll wait too. Hopefully it won't be too long. I was looking forward to diving back into this.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Guess I'll wait too. Hopefully it won't be too long. I was looking forward to diving back into this.
Are they mainly PC related because the only bug I got is the tutorial pops up even when turned off.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Did they end up adding in quests always giving exp or do you still have to mod it? Grey quests in a single player game, straight retarded.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still don't understand why they released an expansion that begins around level 34 when people who completed vanilla + HoS are at least level 40.
For whatever reason the mob levels vary widely but on broken bones even the level 35 mobs hit hard and are a challenge with my viper gear from the HOS expansion at level 40. But most mobs I have been encountering are 37+ with some going as far as 47 so far. It's a really strange mob level span with no rhyme or reason. Just need to back and do those low level quests before proceeding further with the main line again. The main quest is excellent but especially for those who read the series, it's even better.

And the bugs I have been encountering have been mostly graphical. I am getting a distinct b team feeling from the expansion but its still great nonetheless.

Vorph

No, you still need a mod for that. There's two of them and the more popular one gives you 100% xp across the board without any regard for how it was supposed to work, so Death March gives 100% xp instead of 80%, etc. The other one does it correctly by only ignoring level but letting any other modifiers still apply. I saw someone say one of them was updated already, but I couldn't remember if that was the good one or not.

And there's a lot of console players reporting bugs as well. Mostly stuff that isn't game-breaking, but having a bunch of fucked up looking armor textures would be enough by itself to keep me from playing until it's fixed. It sounds like there's a lot of UI annoyances too, like 'new' items no longer being flagged as such at the beginning of each tab, buffs not showing durations, and some other stuff.