Witcher 3

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally beat the base game today. And woudn't you know it? Apparently I'm a gigantic piece of shit because I got the "bad ending". Time to spend another stupid amount of hours beating the hearts of stone expansion.
How bad was your ending?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That's one thing i advise people to not do - enjoy the ending you got for a while before googling the rest, since it kills any closure you got. Besides, even the worst one is solid, unlike certain other RPG trilogy...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's one thing i advise people to not do - enjoy the ending you got for a while before googling the rest, since it kills any closure you got. Besides, even the worst one is solid, unlike certain other RPG trilogy...
Picking colors with Shepard was amazing.

Just finished it on normal with a full combat / fast attack / light armor build. Never played a previous Witcher game. Endings:

- best Ciri ending where she becomes a Witcher
- supported the daughter to rule Skellige (best ending I think)
- never assassinated Radovid, so his army won and went on to exterminate minorities
- nothing about werewolves
- romanced Yennefer and retired in the north with her

Anyway, GOTY material. Everything was so well done.

HUH_sl

shitlord
What difficulty did you play? I thought about going full combat/oil, but signs are just way too OP.
I played through on the hardest difficulty with a built like that. I hated how signs worked with the keyboard/mouse controls so I just completely ignored them for 99% of the game. Used fast attacks, lightarmor, swords with bleed on them, the two life leech decoctions and was basically an immortal killing machine that did a shit ton of damage. Pretty sure every build ends up OP as hell.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I've finally been playing this for a few weeks after managing to finish up Witcher 1 & 2 years after starting both of them, and good lord, despite all of the comments as to the vast size of the game, I really wasn't prepared for just how huge it is. A random turn into some shady corner in a rinky-dink village can open up a huge quest line that lasts an hour or more. I am truly in awe of how much content was stuffed into this. If I were forced to complain about something, it'd be that it's really easy to level past a shitload of quests and ?s. I still try to complete whatever I can, but it'd be nice to get more than 1XP point for a quest that took me 30 minutes to finish, but then I guess that would just compound the problem.

Anyway, awesome game (yeah, brand new information, I know).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Personally I felt like most of the leveling was completely unnecessary and even contradicted the way Geralt is established as seasoned veteran, but I guess gamers need to have some measure of progress.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Witcher 3 expansion cover art revealed. Hey at least it's something.

rrr_img_131592.jpg

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Witcher 3 expansion cover art revealed. Hey at least it's something.
Speaking of. The Blood and Wine achievements were uploaded to Steam's database yesterday. Expansion achievements typically precede the actual release by a few weeks. So there's a good chance it'll come out w/ in the next 2-3 weeks (hopefully).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed the game, but I don't think I can muster the strength for an entire second play through. I was waiting for the 2nd expac to drop before I played through the first though. Hopefully it won't be super easy, but even if it is, I don't see myself going starting at square one again. I think it took me 120 hours before I saw the credits roll.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
When Blood & Wine comes out, any idea what would be the easiest way to upgrade to it + hearts of stone + most up to date patch? I played for about 100 hundreds and beat Witcher when it first came out, yet never stayed up to date on any of the balance/update patches. I also didn't feel like coming back and playing during Hearts of Stone. Although, with Blood & Wine I now kind of want to come back and play through HoS and B&W. Think there will be a master download that has the most up to date patch + hearts of stone + blood & wine or will I have to get on GOG and manually download each individual patch & each individual expansion.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
When Blood & Wine comes out, any idea what would be the easiest way to upgrade to it + hearts of stone + most up to date patch? I played for about 100 hundreds and beat Witcher when it first came out, yet never stayed up to date on any of the balance/update patches. I also didn't feel like coming back and playing during Hearts of Stone. Although, with Blood & Wine I now kind of want to come back and play through HoS and B&W. Think there will be a master download that has the most up to date patch + hearts of stone + blood & wine or will I have to get on GOG and manually download each individual patch & each individual expansion.
Depends on how they did their patching. I know I had to hunt down pirate patches for Divinity, since they didn't have the original incremental patches available anymore and I was too lazy to redownload the whole thing. If you have GoG Galaxy just try running it and see what happens, you might be lucky, although I feel like they are doing rather good job with the additions being easily downloaded on top of the base game, since they ran that whole free DLC thing.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...on-out-may-31/

This expansion pack is an old-school add on with 20 hours of new adventures, where players will travel to the land of Toussaint...Toussaint is different from anything we ever did in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Sunny and beautiful, it's almost a fantasy land straight out of a fairytale.

Playstation Blog flicker stream with a handful of photos of the x-pac.The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Blood and Wine | Flickr - Photo Sharing!One of the photos reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.