Witcher 3

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn xxexx you posted the old video.

Thats Ciri and Yennefer in the video. Fucking hells yeah!

Fadaar

That guy
Why in the unholy fuck do YouTube embeds on this site (and only this site) not have the button to make videos fullscreen? Must be some weird problem exclusive only to my laptop (HP Chromebook 11), but man is it annoying.

Fadaar

That guy
Not sure if there's anything I can do about it being ChromeOS + Chrome browser, but I'll try and look into it. Embeds work fine on my Windows 7 desktop with Firefox, so must be something with Chrome.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why in the unholy fuck do YouTube embeds on this site (and only this site) not have the button to make videos fullscreen? Must be some weird problem exclusive only to my laptop (HP Chromebook 11), but man is it annoying.
The [VIDEO] tag here uses the HTML5 player but for some reason they have intentionally disabled the fullscreen button. It would be trivial to fix, you just have to addallowfullscreento the main iframe that contains the player.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The [VIDEO] tag here uses the HTML5 player but for some reason they have intentionally disabled the fullscreen button. It would be trivial to fix, you just have to addallowfullscreento the main iframe that contains the player.
Is there anything we can do to fix that on this forum? I haven't looked at it because I've seen that problem everywhere. It's so annoying though, it's almost a devious way to force yuo to go to the youtube site.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Do exactly what he says. You should be able to access the video tag template through Admin CP -> Custom BB Codes.

End result should look something like:

<iframe height="" width="" src="{---}" allowfullscreen>...</iframe>

Changing it in one spot will fix this problem retroactively site-wide. It's not YouTube deviousness, it's Rerolled admin laziness.

spronk

FPS noob
i should really play witcher 2 (i have tried witcher 1 like 5 times, always quit within an hour or two cuz i hate it). picked it up last steam winter sale for like $5

that trailer for 3 was pretty badass

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
i should really play witcher 2 (i have tried witcher 1 like 5 times, always quit within an hour or two cuz i hate it). picked it up last steam winter sale for like $5

2 was a pretty solid game, even though some people disliked it. I might replay it at some point before witcher3 since I forgot most of what happened but it was pretty interesting and combat was fairly solid(unlike 1's).

Evernothing

The standard recommendation is to read a Plot Synopsis of Witcher 1 (if you care). And just play Witcher 2. It is a better game in every conceviable way.

If you want Witcher 2 to look even better get the High Res Textures mod from Nexus mods.

You don't need to know the Witcher 1 story to enjoy 2 either. I played 2 before I ever read any Witcher material or played one. After completeing 2 I bought all the English books and Witcher 1.
Don't skip 2, it's one of the best RPGs in a long long time.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The first witcher game had little to do with the book however the second started tying stuff from the book with mentions of Yennefer and a young girl (ciri) in the comic book cut scenes.

I believe the latest wicther 2 patch includes the high resolution textures.

The Witcher 3 game seems to be tailor made for fans of the book series with the appearances of some key characters. I highly recommend the books. The first three you can get for cheap and the rest are available as pretty decent fan translations since they have never been officially translated into English. There are some slow parts especially when he segues into unimportant characters but i just quickly skimmed those parts and they are only in the final two books.

Caliane

GOG.com

Witcher 3 preorder on GOG.com itself.

10% off base.
And 5% off for each Previous witcher you have on GoG. (10% if you have both)
(you can redeem your game code if you bought them ELSEWHERE, and key them to GOG as well.) Actually, wish I read that earlier, I bought witcher 1 at release. long before GoG was a thing.

Features:
Satisfaction of supporting CD Projekt RED & GOG.com
lol. that this is a selling point is hilarious.
...but seriously it is.

Also has some other GOG exclusive stuff.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

I'd highly recommend it. Also be sure to get this

Full Combat Rebalance 2

It is a rebalance mod made by one of the developers from the witcher 2. Sort of an enhanced version of the enhanced edition. Plays wonderfully with a controller too as it fixed a lot of the combat to be more fluid. IE: the ability that absorbs/stuns (quen?) is turned into a standard trigger ability with other magic abilities being slotted at the same time. It also lasts much shorter, so it is more of a "press to activate when needed" instead of a chore to constantly swapping to it pausing the flow of the combat considerably.

It also starts you off with maxed training abilities and a few abilities in every skill tree so you don't have to play for 5 hours to even get out of the training tree, but combat is balanced to it, so you won't really feel overpowered for long.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'd highly recommend it. Also be sure to get this

Full Combat Rebalance 2

It is a rebalance mod made by one of the developers from the witcher 2. Sort of an enhanced version of the enhanced edition. Plays wonderfully with a controller too as it fixed a lot of the combat to be more fluid. IE: the ability that absorbs/stuns (quen?) is turned into a standard trigger ability with other magic abilities being slotted at the same time. It also lasts much shorter, so it is more of a "press to activate when needed" instead of a chore to constantly swapping to it pausing the flow of the combat considerably.

It also starts you off with maxed training abilities and a few abilities in every skill tree so you don't have to play for 5 hours to even get out of the training tree, but combat is balanced to it, so you won't really feel overpowered for long.
I'm not sure if I screwed up some setting somewhere, but playing on Normal I never died with the mod even going full YOLO and ignoring consumables/traps/bombs. Like, not even close and I remeber dying a bit in Flotsam, especially to the spiders from the trees when I started playing at release. Personally I recommend playing for a while with vanilla settings and then tweaking that if you don't like it.

Vorph

I'm not sure if I screwed up some setting somewhere, but playing on Normal I never died with the mod even going full YOLO and ignoring consumables/traps/bombs. Like, not even close and I remeber dying a bit in Flotsam, especially to the spiders from the trees when I started playing at release. Personally I recommend playing for a while with vanilla settings and then tweaking that if you don't like it.
The problem there is playing on Normal. FCR2 + Dark difficulty is the way to go.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I used to still be sure Elder scrolls was the number 1 RPG franchise... After Witcher 2 and now this I am not so sure.