Witcher 3

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm on gigabit and it took around 45 minutes. I wasn't watching it closely though.

honestly i'm not even sure how you can stand waiting that long. i mean we're talking 45 MINUTES here.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I give the SNES game credit for being a much smoother and easier to play product on account to being a more conservative project. The SEGA game is very ambitious but it's full of spots where you just have to grind karma for hours and hours.

ABBACAB

• 1Truth!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
honestly i'm not even sure how you can stand waiting that long. i mean we're talking 45 MINUTES here.

So I pay for 500Mbps, Noodle is paying for twice that, and j00t probably has no idea what he's paying for and wouldn't even mind if he got served cold soup when he ordered a burger. And we all got the same download speeds. Which must mean it's capped for some reason.

But yea. You get what you get and you don't get upset!

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Khane Khane Yes, that's the right mod. It downloads as 3 seperate install files that take a while to download off of Nexus mods since I'm not premium, so it caps at 2 MB/s. Fast Travel from anywhere is a must, but be careful as some quests I've noticed want you to go "outside" to trigger something, before you go to the next objective. Recently there was one where I killed the objective inside the cave, and fast traveled immediately out back to the castle, and it wasn't progressing. Go back to the cave, and it wanted to do some horse race that triggered as soon as you walked out of the cave which I hadn't done. That and unlimited weight one, where it sets your weight limit to 9000 is very useful.

j00t

So I pay for 500Mbps, Noodle is paying for twice that, and j00t probably has no idea what he's paying for and wouldn't even mind if he got served cold soup when he ordered a burger. And we all got the same download speeds. Which must mean it's capped for some reason.

But yea. You get what you get and you don't get upset!
listen bro, i LIKE soup.

Khane

So do mods just load automatically? I don't see anything in the steam settings or options for the game, or in game settings.

sukik

I just watched the TV show and really wanted to play this again, but then I thought about the 120 hours I put into it the first time. Love the game but that's a long haul.

• 1Triggered
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

I just watched the TV show and really wanted to play this again, but then I thought about the 120 hours I put into it the first time. Love the game but that's a long haul.

I thought the same thing, but then I thought...

That's why you buy the PC version and download mods like fast travel from anywhere and gwent dealer.

j00t

So do mods just load automatically? I don't see anything in the steam settings or options for the game, or in game settings.
if you run more than a few mods, make sure you get script merger and run it whenever you get a new mod. there are a scant few mods that require you to copy a file from the mod folder to the bin folder, but that will just add a mod menu in the options menu of the game. things like the auto-loot mod need that. otherwise, yeah, just drop the mod into the witcher3/mods folder and you should be good to go

Crone

Nexus Mods has a stand-alone app called Vortex that I use to install the mods. It's kind of convoluted/burdensome for just a few mods, but it seems to keep things straight.

Gwent Dealer? You mean there is an easy way to do all these Gwent quests without having to put much thought into the card game, because I don't give a shit?! (looking it up right now)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Should I play Witcher 2 before 3?

Nah. Pretty different game styles and you don't need to know what went on to properly follow 3's story. I'd only recommend 2 to people that have finished 3/dlc and really want more Witcher content

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've been trying to get into this but the movement and combat makes me hate playing it.

• 2Solidarity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Same here, I just can't get past half an hour in this game. Same with the other two. I should LOVE this game since I've read the books, love the lore, love the studio, but when it comes to movement I just flail around like a drunken spastic.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Solidarity

Jozu

It's really not that hard. The combat is actually sneakily satisfying, randomly cleaving people in half, after decapitating their buddy is pretty damn fun.