Witcher 3

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So mostly just FPS gain on the PC for now?

So 1080P, 30FPS(lower) on PS4 on 50" TV on the couch.

Or 1440P, Unknown FPS on PC on 27" Monitor, on an office chair.

PC is I7-5820K, GTX980, 16GB Ram, SSD.

Life is so stressful with such difficult decisions.
smile.png

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And comparing them to shit, I consider to be equivalent to saying they're shitty - pretty sure most people would. Something that is "shit tier" should by definition be "shitty".

Let's be honest, you were being hyperbolic and you wanted better and you're a bit disappointed. But it's honestly a minor damn difference. Looks better than DA:I and I don't recall anything as over the top as your statement regarding DA:I.
Yep, I wanted better and I got disappointed. On the other hand it's not a dealbreaker to me, I'll still play the game on day 1. I'm just sad The Witcher 3 PC version got console graphics. What I call myself shit tier.

So run the game at 1440p60 or higher.
I will.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So run the game at 1440p60 or higher.

Me, I'll believe all this hyperbole when I see it for myself on my own desk (which will have the PC and PS4 versions running side-by-side on Wednesday). Until then, I'm not going to get all riled up over YouTube videos that use such shitty compression that you can't really see anything of value.
You might end up being my saviour.
wink.png

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yep, I wanted better and I got disappointed. On the other hand it's not a dealbreaker to me, I'll still play the game on day 1. I'm just sad The Witcher 3 PC version got console graphics. What I call myself shit tier.

I will.
Depends. Was that Ultra quality or medium/high PC Vs PS4. After watching it a couple times I am thinking we are not seeing the full story.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was really hoping we would get a game that looked like the initial reveals. I honestly think CDPR had a build of the game running on PC that looked like the initial clips but ended up downgrading all around because of console disparity. I was set on upgrading my card to a 970 for this but if its not going to be mind blowing awesome I'm just going to wait and play it on my 660 for now.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have never asked for a refund on steam before, but after seeing these videos (Still on the fence) I might just get the damn thing for my PS4 and call it a day. I have it preloaded on Steam and already purchased. Is it possible to get a refund before the game launches if I decide to get the PS4 version instead?

Or meh, mods I suppose.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depends. Was that Ultra quality or medium/high PC Vs PS4. After watching it a couple times I am thinking we are not seeing the full story.
I have never asked for a refund on steam before, but after seeing these videos (Still on the fence) I might just get the damn thing for my PS4 and call it a day. I have it preloaded on Steam and already purchased. Is it possible to get a refund before the game launches if I decide to get the PS4 version instead?

Or meh, mods I suppose.
Also higher res than 1080p and also higher framerate than 30fps on PC.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Go to Twitch

Watch a streamer play the game until they die.

Count the seconds it takes to load the game

Look at your pre-load install on your SSD and be happy with your PC purchase.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
So mostly just FPS gain on the PC for now?

So 1080P, 30FPS(lower) on PS4 on 50" TV on the couch.

Or 1440P, Unknown FPS on PC on 27" Monitor, on an office chair.

PC is I7-5820K, GTX980, 16GB Ram, SSD.

Life is so stressful with such difficult decisions.
smile.png
Or 1080p at 60fps on pc on 50 inch tv from couch.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
All of you talking about graphics when they are good enough on either platform are the exact reason games like this take fucking forever to make. You're forcing them to hire huge teams of artists to placate you fools before they can even start to concern themselves with fluidity of gameplay and story.... It's both entertaining and disappointing to me at the same time. Jesus how many of us have been playing WoW on and off for years? How many of us load up the old SNES RPG's on emulators? Need I go on? You can have cinematic level graphics and if the gameplay isn't compelling and fluid you won't play for more than 10 minutes...

Just be thankful a good RPG is finally coming out that isn't 20 hours long. (At least according to the reviews)

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
That is exactly what happened:
UPDATED WhatIfGaming
lol I believe it's too. I am also convinced this is why there were no PC copies sent out to reviewers. If they had sent it out they would have realized that it looked identical to the ps4 port. It's incredible that a 1k gaming rig will play the identical looking game on a ps4 albeit with lower frame rate lol! CDPR should have reigned in the scope on the cross-platform releases and open world and just aimed for PC to deliver an amazing experience instead of this neutered vision. I honestly think that w2 looks better then w3 (from whats been released so far) sans some of the weather effects and textures.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
All of you talking about graphics when they are good enough on either platform are the exact reason games like this take fucking forever to make. You're forcing them to hire huge teams of artists to placate you fools before they can even start to concern themselves with fluidity of gameplay and story.... It's both entertaining and disappointing to me at the same time. Jesus how many of us have been playing WoW on and off for years? How many of us load up the old SNES RPG's on emulators? Need I go on? You can have cinematic level graphics and if the gameplay isn't compelling and fluid you won't play for more than 10 minutes...

Just be thankful a good RPG is finally coming out that isn't 20 hours long. (At least according to the reviews)
The complaint is without PC as a driving factor (As historically) we will see medicore advancements in graphical fidelity. And the line about more man power is horseshit. If they have the systems in place it's easy to develop and code it, and scale it down. Instead, they went with the Xbox One as the lowest common denominator, everyone else is following suit and has been for quite some time... And there is no more PC gaming enthusiast. They are doing it this way because it's cheaper to produce for PC, and if they can give no reason to purchase the PC version compared to a console version (with a much cheaper market to enter at a much lower price point for consoles to get into homes) they do not need to worry about piracy. And that is the issue here. Scapegoat it and white knight it all anyone wants. Or, better yet, why waste manpower on it when you can have the players mod it and do the work for you for free. Except * most * publishers aren't allowing that anymore either because it will impact their own limited vision on DLC content for microtransactions.

This is a lose-lose.

And this isn't aimed at you... Be thankful? We are the fucking customer. Jesus H Christ. It's like we should all bow down to 250 nerds sitting around an office praising them for making an inferior graphical product because they had time to make a good story and should have fucking done that to begin with, while shoving Franklins up their asses while saying, "Thank you sir, have another!"

Holy fucking Hannah. And while I am at it, customers in every industry deserve to be entitled.They just handed over their cash for your product.

There is some pretty fantastic shit thatcouldbe done right now if it wasn't for this philosophy. And instead, we will continue to see games with graphical fidelity from 4 years ago hitting our "Next Gen" consoles and $3,000 PC rigs rather than see what brought us to this level in the first place, and that was the PC driving the console to be better. All because why? Lowering the cost of development to hit three target markets at once without hardly any differentiation or advancement from the PC pushing the other market into the future, all to realize short-term profit.

And they call * US * entitled.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
The complaint is without PC as a driving factor (As historically) we will see medicore advancements in graphical fidelity. And the line about more man power is horseshit. If they have the systems in place it's easy to develop and code it, and scale it down. Instead, they went with the Xbox One as the lowest common denominator, everyone else is following suit and has been for quite some time... And there is no more PC gaming enthusiast. They are doing it this way because it's cheaper to produce for PC, and if they can give no reason to purchase the PC version compared to a console version (with a much cheaper market to enter at a much lower price point for consoles to get into homes) they do not need to worry about piracy. And that is the issue here. Scapegoat it and white knight it all anyone wants. Or, better yet, why waste manpower on it when you can have the players mod it and do the work for you for free. Except * most * publishers aren't allowing that anymore either because it will impact their own limited vision on DLC content for microtransactions.

This is a lose-lose.

And this isn't aimed at you... Be thankful? We are the fucking customer. Jesus H Christ. It's like we should all bow down to 250 nerds sitting around an office praising them for making an inferior graphical product because they had time to make a good story and should have fucking done that to begin with? Holy fucking Hannah. And while I am at it, customers in every industry deserve to be entitled.They just handed over their cash for your product.
The funny thing is I would normally agree with you, but when selling a game regardless of the money/time invested always grosses $60 bucks or less it's pretty hard to expect a company not to try an streamline production, or increase efficiency. Furthermore why the fuck would they care about the PC master *narcissistic* race? As TeckNoe so conveniently illustrated a fuck ton of them are entitled ass holes who "demo" the game to completion and then never get around to buying it.... Do I wish we lived in the ideal world? Of course I do, but we live in a world where decent AAA games are getting harder and harder to come by.

It seems to me that we are coming at this from two different angles. You think they have the budget and time to do it the way you want (and maybe they do), but instead choose to squeeze out extra profit (In the case of EA/Activision I believe this to be true btw). I'm starting to see things the other way and think that maybe just maybe there's a reason only a few good game developers are still around. Maybe it's just a little bit difficult to spend 3-6 years on a project and then hopefully recover your investment. Maybe CEO's of gaming companies really don't want to have to fire half of their staff at random as happens often in the industry. Maybe just maybe the consumer has gotten too used to the sixty dollar price tag. I mean if you buy a Mercedes do you expect it to cost the same as a Ford? What is the motivation as a developer to invest more time, and more money into a product that is ultimately going to sell for $60 regardless? Witcher 3 is a prime example. I'm buying it, you're buying, lots of other people are buying it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The funny thing is I would normally agree with you, but when selling a game regardless of the money/time invested always grosses $60 bucks or less it's pretty hard to expect a company not to try an streamline production, or increase efficiency. Furthermore why the fuck would they care about the PC master *narcissistic* race? As TeckNoe so conveniently illustrated a fuck ton of them are entitled ass holes who "demo" the game to completion and then never get around to buying it.... Do I wish we lived in the ideal world? Of course I do, but we live in a world where decent AAA games are getting harder and harder to come by.

It seems to me that we are coming at this from two different angles. You think they have the budget and time to do it the way you want (and maybe they do), but instead choose to squeeze out extra profit (In the case of EA/Activision I believe this to be true btw). I'm starting to see things the other way and think that maybe just maybe there's a reason only a few good game developers are still around. Maybe it's just a little bit difficult to spend 3-6 years on a project and then hopefully recover your investment. Maybe CEO's of gaming companies really don't want to have to fire half of their staff at random as happens often in the industry. Maybe just maybe the consumer has gotten too used to the sixty dollar price tag. I mean if you buy a Mercedes do you expect it to cost the same as a Ford? What is the motivation as a developer to invest more time, and more money into a product that is ultimately going to sell for $60 regardless? Witcher 3 is a prime example. I'm buying it, you're buying, lots of other people are buying it.
Then be honest about it. Tell the PC gamers out there that hey, we had to scale this down - instead of holding back PC review copies and trying to cover it up. (As that developer in that article clearly referneces because Egos are at stake) Now, you have 50k PC gamers all wondering if they should blow 600 bucks on GTX 980's and upgrade their rigs for the best experience (And some of them already did, I damned near did) when all they had to say was the truth and be honest about it, and those people would still buy the fucking game, except now we all know it will run on a GTX 570 while Jenna Jameson fucks the task manager.

That's one issue. Tell the fucking truth. So I can make an informed decision on my purchase about which platform I want to play it on. Because I could give two shits about 1080p and 60 FPS and hauling my PC into the theater room and back and forth and configuring my SBZ to work with my theater, when I could have just bought the fucker on my PS4 and had been done with it.

The other issue remains. What will drive fidelity? Waiting for consoles to catch up to today's PC? Sweet so we get tessellation in 2019? Fucking sweet. They made money on Witcher 1 and 2, and if they hadn't, they wouldn't have made Witcher 3. These guys are raking in fucking cash with this new development method. Microtransactions, cutting content to repackage as DLC (This company rocks at not doing that by the way - they give that bullshit away for free, which is why I am still purchasing their game), least common denominator development... Well that's a fucking Xbox One.Meanwhile viral marketers for NVIDIA and Intel are talking about how they need to stay on top of their hardware for the best experience when they do not need to purchasejack shitabove and beyond what they had 4 years ago.

Shit, do not even release games on PC anymore then. See how it does in the console world, make a ton of cash, and if it does do just that, give us the awesome "You better take out a home equity line on your house before you buy this fucker" version and at least drive it from that perspective like Rock Star did with their PC version of GTA 5.

Either way, I still cannot wait to play it. But I wish I would have known about this crap before hand so I could have just bought the PS4 version and called it a day.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
haha! Watch the cdpr artist squirm in his seat and get definsive when the interviewer prods him on the downgrade.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
haha! Watch the cdpr artist squirm in his seat and get definsive when the interviewer prods him on the downgrade.

Jesus Christ is this real? Get a fucking shovel. The trailer was in game footage and it's obvious that shit isn't in the game any longer. Meaning, least common denominator development. Or they just opened up themselves to false advertising class actions.

Edit" "Sharp Vegetation is terrible"

HOLY FUCK! Really??????